Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
A raid has been carried out by the FBI in the home of Oakland Mayor Sheng Thao. Among those involved include the IRS and the US Postal Service.
If the USPS is involved…oh boy.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
The latest from Andrew:

Why Are Republicans Destroying The First Amendment and Why Is No One Talking About It?
As the nation enjoys the delights of summer, Congress has once again turned its attention to issues that are of little concern to the majority of Americans. The “Countering Antisemitism Act” has recently been introduced in the Senate, raising concerns about its potential impact on free speech in the United States. As I previously discussed in May, the U.S. House of Representatives recently passed the Antisemitism Awareness Act of 2023, which shares striking similarities with this newly proposed legislation.
In New York, state legislators have introduced a bill that would classify the act of vandalizing “any banner, poster, flyer, or billboard” that supports “the country or citizens of Israel in any way” as a Class A misdemeanor, punishable by up to a year in prison. This proposed legislation follows the recent passage of nearly identical “hate crime” legislation in the South Carolina legislature, which was signed by Governor Henry McMaster in May.
Ron DeSantis flew to Israel last year to sign similar legislation that imposes enhanced criminal penalties, including extended prison sentences, for “hate crimes” involving specific forms of speech related to Jews. South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem signed legislation in March that incorporated some forms of speech critical of Israel into the state’s civil rights statute as a form of illegal discrimination.
Georgia’s Governor Brian Kemp signed H.B. 30, amending the state’s hate crime statute to encompass certain forms of speech critical of Israel. These legislative efforts across multiple states raise concerns about the potential impact on free speech and the ability of individuals to engage in open and honest debate about important issues related to Israel and its policies.
It is astonishing that this critical issue has not garnered more attention. Republicans are gradually dismantling free speech, and yet none of the prominent figures in Conservative media have dared to address it. Their silence is a testament to their cowardice, as they are well aware of the ongoing developments but choose not to speak up for fear of jeopardizing their careers in conservative media. This fear is not unfounded, as evidenced by the recent case of Candace Owens, who faced repercussions for expressing views that were not universally flattering towards Jews or Israel. It is perplexing to observe the extent to which Israel exerts control over the voices of American political commentators and the actions of American legislators.
This fixation on shielding a small minority and a foreign country from criticism raises questions about the priorities of our elected representatives and their commitment to addressing the pressing issues faced by the majority of the American population. With so many Americans grappling with economic hardship, social unrest, and the erosion of their communities, it is disheartening to see our elected officials dedicating valuable time and resources to passing legislation that may stifle free speech and impose a specific narrative on the public.
As the CEO of Gab, a social media platform dedicated to upholding the principles of free speech, I am deeply concerned about the potential impact of these bills on the ability of users to engage in open and honest debate about important issues. I will continue to advocate for the protection of free speech and the rights of all Americans to voice their opinions without fear of censorship or persecution.
Most of these bills are using the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance’s (IHRA) working definition of antisemitism, which is a big problem. The IHRA’s definition, which is being adopted by various governments and organizations around the world, defines antisemitism as “a certain perception of Jews, which may be expressed as hatred toward Jews.” This broad definition encompasses a wide range of speech and actions, including some that are rooted in biblical truth.
One notable example is the fact that the IHRA’s definition considers the belief that Jews killed Jesus Christ as “antisemitic.” This is a fundamental tenet of Christianity, which holds that Jesus was crucified by the Jewish authorities of his time. To label this belief as “antisemitic” is not only a gross misunderstanding of Christianity but also a direct attack on the freedom to express one’s religious beliefs.
Furthermore, the IHRA’s working definition will lead to increased censorship of user content on digital platforms, as social media companies may feel pressured to adopt the definition and enforce it through their content moderation policies. This would be a direct violation of the principles of free speech that our nation holds dear.
The IHRA’s working definition of antisemitism poses a serious threat to both biblical truth and free expression. I will continue to advocate for the protection of free speech and the rights of all Americans to express their religious beliefs without fear of censorship or persecution.
Gab is the only platform on the internet that does not have a “hate speech” clause similar to the aforementioned legislation. Even Elon’s self-proclaimed “free speech platform,” X, includes such provisions. Our ability to maintain this stance is solely due to the unwavering financial support of the Gab community, which enables us to continue our operations.
If you wish to contribute to our ongoing efforts to safeguard free speech for all individuals online and offline, please consider upgrading to GabPRO, making a one-time donation, or purchasing merchandise from the Gab Shop. Your support is crucial to our mission, and we cannot achieve our goals without it. While others remain silent, we will persist in speaking out against anti-free speech legislation and advocating for the protection of free speech for everyone.
Andrew Torba

OK OK we get it. You’re a Jew hater. I mean seriously he mentions them in almost everything he writes.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
One notable example is the fact that the IHRA’s definition considers the belief that Jews killed Jesus Christ as “antisemitic.” This is a fundamental tenet of Christianity, which holds that Jesus was crucified by the Jewish authorities of his time. To label this belief as “antisemitic” is not only a gross misunderstanding of Christianity but also a direct attack on the freedom to express one’s religious beliefs.
Sealab 2021 said it best: “It was the Romans who killed him. So in truthful fact, I suppose you should be angry with the Italians.”
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I used to quite respect Nate Silver as a fellow statistician and poll hound.
Ever since his departure from 538 however, he’s kind of gone off the deep end a bit. He reminds me of the dude from Papa John’s, that after he left the company went absolutely ham obessed with his former product.
Instead of “I ate 12 pizzas a week” it’s “the polls are god, Biden is doomed, God has come to reap the non-believers with a stand of error of +/- 3.2”
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

lol
I was unaware he’d departed from 538 but then again I don’t follow it too closely. I stopped following the folks over at Cook Political too closely too. They seem too invested in the idea Biden is toast. Charlie Cook himself especially.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Torba reminds me of a critique of Objectivism, oddly enough.
They both make a bunch of good points in a manner so well-articulated that it’s a shame every sentence ends with an unspoken “and that’s why we should be assholes”.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Neo-Nazis are aggressively leveraging AI to pursue new fundraising and recruiting tactics, as well as generating blueprints for illicit weapons and homemade bombs.
The report found that AI-generated content is now a mainstay of extremists’ output: They are developing their own extremist-infused AI models, and are already experimenting with novel ways to leverage the technology, including producing blueprints for 3D weapons and recipes for making bombs.
I don’t know about that last one, Champ.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
How closely is the Biden administration currently monitoring Neo-Nazis?
The FBI tend to be awful at stopping Mass Shooters but other types of criminal offenders are somewhat handled a little better.
Biden’s People would have personal reason to ensure that these fascists thugs are being kept under constant watch due to their Pro-Trump leaning and that “Civil War 2” saying shit.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Scrabbleman
I used to be a systems architect, among other things. So I hear you. But, while I never intended this, I was talking with ChatGPT 4.0 about a problem in PHP I was debugging and it asked me if maybe I was distracting myself with work and wouldn’t I rather be doing something that I was passionate about? I mean, here’s the bug so it can be fixed, but how’s my novel going?
So, even if it doesn’t like you, it worries about you.
Natry
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Constant Lurker
@Ciaran
I believe ChatGPTs are trained by being given points for saying things OpenAI considers nice to prevent it talking like the average internet user. Which means it tries to sneak in things that earns points like probably telling people to follow their dreams. When I asked it to invent a Pokemon based on my favorite animal, it inserted a bit about how people could be inspired by it to learn conservation and saving the environment.
Background Pony #27EF
Neo-Nazis are aggressively leveraging AI to pursue new fundraising and recruiting tactics, as well as generating blueprints for illicit weapons and homemade bombs.
I’ve said before that this technology should never have been made available to the general public, and every day just proves me more and more correct on that.

@Ciaran
I used to be a systems architect, among other things. So I hear you. But, while I never intended this, I was talking with ChatGPT 4.0 about a problem in PHP I was debugging and it asked me if maybe I was distracting myself with work and wouldn’t I rather be doing something that I was passionate about? I mean, here’s the bug so it can be fixed, but how’s my novel going?
So, even if it doesn’t like you, it worries about you.
One of the only “conversations” I ever had with one of those things was an argument about whether it was a liar. Which it was.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
With only a few months to go, Trump and Republicans have only just now caught up with Biden and democrats in terms of fundraising. Trump managed to close the gap with Biden, and while they’re still at an overall cash deficit, the senate and house republican arms have caught up with the dems equivalents.
But there’s some big catches. The dems have enjoyed a major cash advantage for several months now. They’ve used that glut to build out a positively massive campaign apparatus, 7 digit ad buys, loads of internal polls, and canvassing efforts in all the swing states.
Republicans have money to spend now, but they’ll have to be strategic. Wherein the dems have so much infrastructure already that they can pretty much do whatever they want.
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.

Apples and Pears
SCOTUS, in another example of “strategic moderation”, upheld the federal ban on firearms towards domestic abusers 8-1.
The lone dissent? Justice Thomas. No shocker there.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
Republicans have money to spend now, but they’ll have to be strategic.
I wonder how Trump’s legal fees (which he’s already put part of his campaign money into paying off) factor into that?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide