Wild Manes Content - Read more about the new policy Here

Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Dustcan
Trump the law breaker. He will break all the laws.
As President, Trump did advocate for the police to just take guns without due process during a meeting with lawmakers on school safety and gun violence
President Donald Trump: “I like taking the guns early, like in this crazy man’s case that just took place in Florida … to go to court would have taken a long time.”
Vice President Mike Pence: “Allow due process so no one’s rights are trampled, but the ability to go to court, obtain an order and then collect not only the firearms but any weapons.”
President Donald Trump: “Or, Mike, take the firearms first, and then go to court.”
So … he shouldn’t have any complaints with his own guns being confiscated, assuming he has any.
Maybe if he becomes dictator in 2025, Trump will be able to get rid of that pesky due process thing. And make it so he can have people arrested or executed for disagreeing with his ideas about how things should be run, as he apparently wanted to do to staffers who were literally doing their jobs in the White House while he was there.
Like keeping notes of what Trump told them to do, or reporting to their superiors things they saw that they thought might violate laws … all those ‘crimes’ against the Don.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Ciaran
To be fay-ee-air, there’s plenty of precedent for taking away people’s rights on a provisional basis when there’s only probable cause to go on. That’s what being arrested is, as well as pre-trial detention.
Ciaran
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Human
Granted. But, working from your hypothetical, if someone is arrested, their weapons aren’t a concern. And in a world where people actually got speedy trials the due process necessary to have their weapons confiscated could be handled before they were released.
So … if someone’s arrested or in pre-trial detention, confiscation can wait for the due process, right?
And if the due process takes too long and the person is released even though they are a credible risk for violence such that their weapons would be confiscated with cause, then maybe the due process … process … needs to be super duper fixed really bad. Like, right now.
All of that is, of course, setting aside the “Florida” part. Fixing anything in Florida sounds almost impossible. Even Nathan Explosion couldn’t fix Florida.
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Remind me: When was it that Bibi pulled troops away from Gaza to help settlers harass West Bank residents? If he did it after IDF had intel of the impending Hamas attack, that’s fucking damning.
Background Pony #7A74
Here is a little insight into the mentality of the Russian army, I present to you all the high tech solution the Russians have found instead of medevacs, its graphic so fair warning: https://x.com/NOELreports/status/1804577113921421718
We need to make sure Ukraine is supplied with weapons and not be distracted by Israel and its eternal bs. The Ukraine war is far more important. Send all munitions to Ukraine instead of Israel and the Gaza war will stop.
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Don’t forget Biden wants it to continue as well, though not so much for the genocide itself, but because he truly believes at an ideological and geopolitical level that Israel and its current government need to be supported no matter what and at all costs.
𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Everytime I see the China Coast Guard bully, harrass our people, and take away everything that we have one by one in our territory, the harder I clench my fist in anger.
One of our soldiers lost a thumb after they cut it with a machete. That’s a big one.
Background Pony #D717
Uh, I’m not sure if this is a positive for third-party candidates if Trump says he likes them.
I’m sure I shouldn’t take it at face value given Mr.Incoherent Speech, but still.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@lonewolf
The peninsula is actively contested and effectively been a warzone the last two years, with plenty of strikes on targets in the area and munitions flying back and forth. Absurd that people would go there for a holiday, but I guess that’s what nationalism and imperialism does to someone…
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
I feel like the discourse about Americans “not understanding civics” seems to leave out another question: what if Americans do understand how the system works, and conclude it’s ungovernable and needs to be replaced?
How can the US president call himself “the most powerful man in the world” if he can’t push his agenda through, unfettered, the same way most prime ministers worldwide with simple legislative majorities can? And why can’t he reduce the power of federal courts staffed by fringe judges at odds with his agenda? Most other democracies give leaders that power?
That’s not a functioning government. And it makes people rightly wonder if the separation of powers is really all that cracked up to be.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@SleepySteve
Every European country that’s come up against fascism this century has had to basically have Germany and France threaten them into not doing it, because how easy it is for a wannabe dictator to shut down political rivals and consolidate power,
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Looks like Trump’s fundraising advantage this last month came almost entirely from a cash infusion of a banking billionaire.
When you strip out the 50 million he gave through a series of superpacs, Trump actually falls behind by 15 million.
Remember, not all money is equal. Individual donations are superior as it represents political investment.
Biden, meanwhile, while raising less, had the second best grassroots fundraising month of the cycle.
And remember, Trump and the Republicans are having to dig themselves out of a massive deficit. They have more money now, but the Dems already have months of advertising already bought, a small army of staffers on their payroll, and well funded state chapters while the Republicans still have 3 swing state chapters verging on bankruptcy.
They’ve lost a stupid amount of ground.
Ciaran

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@SleepySteve
You’ve gone right past complaining about governmental inefficiency and gridlock, and gone straight to complaining about the foundational principles of the US’s democratic system - specifically the separation of powers and checks and balances. In fact, the kind of ‘unfettered’ authoritarian system you are appealing for sure doesn’t sound very American.
2LDR: If the founding fathers risked their lives to get out of the kind of system you are advocating for, then maybe you’re one of the ‘doesn’t understand civics’ Americans you’re complaining about.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Fallen Oak charity art pack - Nuclear Neighs and Deco Days

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide