Unpopular opinion time

Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Dustcan
It was more of an acceptance arc if anything than ever really being a reformation arc.
@Ring Team
When I think “doesn’t take responsibility,” I think “fails to own up to one’s misdeeds or attempt to fix or improve the situation.” And when all’s said and done, “doesn’t take responsibility” is one of the least accurate descriptions of Starlight.
stalker1234

meeeeeee
My unpopular opinion is that I still don’t convince G5, but that’s personal.
In the end everyone can enjoy the series or not,
and that I do not like Pipp is very not very instagram
Sadrai

Not really a unpopular opinion but I’m curious why is it there was so much debate about Cozy glow being a child & should have been forgiven for her miss deeds yet Snips & Snails are also children yet the fan base was upset for the boast busters thing ( I do understand why people were upset with Snips & Snails I just kind of feel it’s a little weird people wanted to cozy glow to forgiven despite her doing worse)
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
I liked Cozy Glow not being redeemed because as unfortunate as it is, it’s true in life that not all of your enemies are going to be redeemed, and not everyone is going to be convinced by friendship. To think otherwise is pleasantly idealistic but also unrealistic. I am quite relieved FiM didn’t redeem everyone but left a few examples that some just aren’t interested in changing.
Sadrai

@LightningBolt
Your not wrong I heard tons of people say the represent the dumb little boy trope but that never bother me because characters like Billy from Billy & Mandy, Ed from Ed Edd & Eddy, & Patrick from Spongebob were also dumb if not Dumber than then Snips & Snails plus they were all main characters unlink Snips & Snails who are secondary thats why I was never bothered by them.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Sadrai
From what I’ve seen, most of the nerd rage surrounding “Boast Busters” wasn’t so much about Snips and Snails not being punished [much], but about that fact that Trixie was punished harshly despite her not doing much of anything wrong (Boasting and showing off are basically part of the job description for a stage performer such as herself). The worst thing she did was keep on boasting about fighting the Ursa Major off the stage, but that wouldn’t have done any harm if not for Snips and Snails taking Spike’s advice out of context.
@EquusStorm
The problem wasn’t just Cozy not being reformed, but her being thrown into a maximum-security prison without any proper attempt at reformation. Trying and failing would have been a legitimate bit of realism - not trying in the first place is just wildly out of character.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

U mad?
I don’t like the design of the G5 characters. It looks like they tried to take human faces and stretch them into a pony one. And the toys look even worse with their flat heads (and screw those prices. The cheapest I saw was a small plushie for $5). Some of the designs that were leaked a few years ago looked better than what we got.
And will I watch G5? Probably not because I don’t have Netflix and have no plans to get it (I’ve got Dish Network and I’m lucky if I watch it once a week).
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Shiny Bug
@DoctorWTF
I took Twilight asking Cozy why she was doing what she was doing as a beginning of an attempt, but her motivations were so entirely selfish there was nothing for her to work with. With Starlight, there was at least a sense that she was lashing out due to pain, so there was something that could be mended; Cozy had nothing but pure malice.
EquusStorm
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Silver Bit -
Ruby -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
Artist -

Flop it to the princess
Well we saw she had less than zero interest in redeeming herself being defiant to the end, remained completely evil, and learned nothing whatsoever from being sent to Tartarus, so seems like that was certainly the right call in retrospect.
Sadrai

@DoctorWTF
True but I also seen lots of people upset Snips & Snails weren’t punished harshly,seriously I remember some of the punishments that people wanted were a bit overboard.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Vivace
I’m saying that, in order for Starlight to work as a character, the writers (especially Josh Haber) needed to take away features from her such as being negligent, being possesive, having powerful magic and swapping cutie marks like nothing, which is kinda where the problem is here.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@Sadrai
People wanted Blueblood burned at the fucking stake for committing the crime of being a selfish dumbass, once. Traits that ponies who were more beloved shared and had more of or were far worse than him.
Gender is unfortunately a part of this.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
@lonewolf
I don’t like the designs either. I like the toys enough and they look better in 2d, but I do not like how the CG looks or the plot and I have no means to watch it nor any desire to. I don’t care that many people love it it’s just not for me and I will simply decline involvement.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Ring Team
No they didn’t. All that would do is sacrifice actual conflict, making it so the writers are telling us a reformation happened already instead of showing it happen. Boring. What an individual viewer wants- a Shimmer redux in your case- isn’t writers’ most important consideration.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
Well we saw she had less than zero interest in redeeming herself being defiant to the end, remained completely evil, and learned nothing whatsoever from being sent to Tartarus, so seems like that was certainly the right call in retrospect.
I mean, where’s the lie?
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
I don’t hate G5 but I haven’t found a reason to give a shit about it yet.
It’s just kinda there. It’s something that exists and that’s it.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
I agree. I didn’t like the designs, particulary the smaller eyes. Plus, I also don’t like Zipp’s hair, looks weird to me.
It can get grating sometimes depending of the character and the fandom.
It goes beyond the male/female thing. On the show’s heyday, Diamond Tiara was hated and got lots of hate art for being a bratty bully little girl. Cozy is arguably even brattier and more insufferable, yet she got lots of love for how “cute” she was, even if it was pretty grating to me her gimmick of “hey look, Im adorable”. DT never did anything outside of what a bully child would do yet people still throw trash at her.
It’s insane honestly.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide