Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #E848
I think the term “less is more” vs “more is more”… whichever are better highly depends on the franchise’s purpose and audience’s style of digesting.
“less is more” works well in time limited or time reserved audiences, dislike getting too hooked up in a series, desire quality over quantity at any costs.
“more is more” works well on whatever need to be continuously pursued, and works well in time rich, okay with hooking hype for series they pursue.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

Of course eqg revolved around her. She’s the central character and her journey and it’s consequences drove the story. I never got that argument. It’s like disliking Beowulf because his story revolves around him.
No, it’s like disliking Robin because a show named Teen Titans features the eponymous team of five characters, and yet the story revolves around him alone and the other four are just props. Save for that one BBRae special.
(Theoretical example, the original Teen Titans cartoon wasn’t like that. I think. Been a long time…)
The show’s called Equestria Girls, not Sunset Shimmer, after all. Even if it was, I disagree that it should only be about her when there are six more characters in the main cast. Even if I like only two of them.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@WyrmSpawN
and when it wasn’t on her it was boring (that i can’t be bothered to remember cus it was so fuckin’ boring) or it was mirror magic and just bad.
she’s the unice thing about EQG so no duh she got lots of development.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Even to this day, I still think the idea of ponies transforming into high school girls is off-putting, like it was trying to cash in on trends that were popular at the time. I’m glad that it evolved into its own thing and managing to gain a massive fanbase overtime so I can say they knew what they were doing. Even them, I’ll still stick with FIM.
Background Pony #AA9C
A New Generation is a better movie than the 2017 G4 movie, and it’s not particularly close.
kleptomage
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Even to this day, I still think the idea of ponies transforming into high school girls is off-putting, like it was trying to cash in on trends that were popular at the time.
Well, yes. Equestria Girls was created to compete with Monster High, a show and line of dolls by Hasbro’s competitor Mattel.
@Background Pony #AA9C
A New Generation had better pacing than the 2017 movie. I’ll say that in its favor.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

@Background Pony #AA9C
I’d go as far as say it’s a better pony movie than the G4 one. That one felt like using the cartoon’s cast as sidekicks to the characters introduced in the movie to me. Especially Tempest “the whole cast jobs for me” Shadow. As opposed to, you know, being about the Mane Characters.
Didn’t help that we suddenly went from a mostly quadruped-filled world (I think minotaurs are the only ‘natural’ exception, plus Discord?) to anthros everywhere. The hippogriffs were the only addition that actually fit the world, ‘legs-wise.’
Also no unnecessary character in the G5 movie… or at least no Grubber. If there was one “why do you even exist?” guy in the whole movie…
Edit: Oh yeah, speaking of the 2017 movie, I’d have loved the protagonists cast to be reduced to just Twilight and Rainbow (and Spike, never minded the little guy). Because the I’ll Chase the Sky song gave me serious TwiDash vibes…
Background Pony #61D8
I think the G4 movie could’ve benefited with some rewrites and giving the mane cast more of a role then being sidekicks.
Though considering it’s original name (Beyond Equestria), it was expected.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #61D8
You’re not really contributing to the conversation here, and your behavior toward specific individuals is starting to look a lot like stalking and harassment.
Considering your long and horrible history here, you should either stop using the site altogether or drop the salt and genuinely contribute to the conversation.
Pick one, or we will ban you for the rest of your life. Again.
Your choice.
Background Pony #7F51
@Ciaran
Ok, i’ll drop the salt. Sorry about that.
And before you start asking me, i have two different devices, so…
But yeah, i’ll drop the salt.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@kleptomage
Actually, EqG was more or less our fault. If we hadn’t drawn any humanised ponies, we wouldn’t have had EqG at all.
Even to this day, I still think the idea of ponies transforming into high school girls is off-putting, like it was trying to cash in on trends that were popular at the time.
Well, yes. Equestria Girls was created to compete with Monster High, a show and line of dolls by Hasbro’s competitor Mattel.
it can’t be both?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide