Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Maybe?

I mean, the only reasonable complain I can understand was that expectations were higher with The ending of the end. I can get it. However, considering that the show was a procedurally-generated story getting more and more off the rails, I was expecting any scenario when I was finishing season 9.

But at least the episode was very good, in its own way. It uses the jank of the show to offer whacky and crazy scenes for 44 minutes. It could have been worse, like A LOT worse. Not to mention, The last problem was another great episode that concluded the show in a high note.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

Because Lord knows they had no good reason to accept her as a friend, and it’s only because Twilight decided that she deserved a second chance that they befriended her.

That’s kinda what Princess Twilight does. At least the other Manes’ interaction with Starlight before she joined the team was “only” one short (but traumatizing) mission against her. She also ordered the human versions of her friends to just swipe three years of bullying under the carpet and ‘teach Sunset about friendship.’ What’s this emotion you call “asking for permission?”

They really shouldn’t have felt sorry about the “no offense” thing… and shouldn’t have focused on just the turning into a raging she-demon part of Sunset’s past either.

I agree that we should have seen, well, some episodes of Starlight with the other Manes. Nice to see her with Spike, but that’s a lot of wasted potential there. If nothing else, Rainbow was so happy to have a new flying buddy when Twilight ascended, and Starlight can fly thanks to magic. We even had a scene about it in The Cutie Re-Mark. Okay, so they’re not actually friends, but still.

If memory serves, that’s also the case with fanfictions and fanarts. Plenty of stuff with Starlight’s own cast—Trixie, Sunburst, Twilight & Spike from the other cast—but almost nothing with the other Manes.

@Kiryu-Chan  
“Why are people complaining about x, why weren’t they complaining about y?” is literally not how anything works

I think that’s the point of what we call double standards. But that’s a pretty damn ironic mindset for Ring Team to have either way, haha.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I feel like G4 had a better introduction thanks to its premiere using higher concepts and wider world building. G5 however got you better attached to the characters.

I think that’s the effective difference between the two. G4’s premiere left you more with a feeling of wondering where the plot will go before later developing its cast, whole with G5 Sunny and Co. are front and center so you’re most interested in where they’ll go.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Dustcan  
I think that’s because G4 started off with the show so you wanted to know more about the world while G5 started with a movie where the characters were front and center and more or less gave us a simple outline of the world.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Mikey  
What? I really don’t like how G5 is trying to steal the spotlight and rob us of our favorite G4 stories. Why do people even like G5 in the first place? It’s just one movie so far. A bad movie. (My opinion.) There weren’t thousands of fanfics after the first episode of FiM (but there should’ve been.)

Can’t we just have G4 without this being shoved in our faces? At least this site let’s me hide G5 images.
TheFinite

Shiny Bug
@SparkleDash  
People are allowed to be fans of G5. They are also allowed to write stories about G5. If they are writing several fics, and those fics are getting attention, that means that a sizable portion of the fanbase enjoys enough about G5 to write/read about it.
Background Pony #F622
@SparkleDash  
Do you realize how ridiculous you are sounding? You really haven’t learned a thing. So what if people are writing G5 fanfics? It’s not gonna kill you or anyone, is it?
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@Mikey
What? I really don’t like how G5 is trying to steal the spotlight and rob us of our favorite G4 stories.

Because it’s the new generation and Hasbro wants to reboot it to make money? And it’s seemingly working?
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
@Background Pony #F622  
They can write them, I just want to block them. I turn my filter on and off on here, depending on my tolerance for seeing G5 at that particular moment. I just want the option on there. I don’t like things being shoved down my throat. This is just my opinion. 😕
TheFinite

Shiny Bug
Anyways, unpopular opinions:  
  1. I like Starlight Glimmer a lot more than Sunset Shimmer  
  2. Seasom 8 should have focused exclusively on the Student 6, with the mane 6 taking mentor roles  
  3. I prefer The Final Problem to be the end of Twilight’s story; I do want to find out more about what happened, but I don’t want to see any G4 characters in G5, with maybe an exception for Flurry Heart.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide