Unpopular opinion time

Background Pony #A8CA
@Terminal Red  
In the middle of a joke after saying it was already over and after April Fools had ended.

Riiiiight. But don’t mind me.
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@Dustcan  
And that’s good, because the writers can’t write them at all. You can actual track the show’s decline in connection to introducing males to the show.
Background Pony #A9A4
Greetings from the not so far future, in about a year from now. I have come to be the bringer of bad news, G5 will be such a huge let down that the fandom totaly, colapsed in the comming late November. After that it didn’t take more than 2 Months before ever artist on this put them self on the DNP list & requested that all of their art should be taken down. By the mid of Feb 2022, this site holds nothing more than screencaps & memes that nobody even cares about & by the end of March of 2022 the Mods & Admins didn’t see much point in having this site up anymore & took it down on 28th of March. The only thing that you will se when going onto this site is the PFUDOR video playing on loop for eternity.

I doubt it will go down, but do you think it’s possible?

@Latecomer
Background Pony #E406
Male characters got better but by the time they did, the show’s writing had gone to crap. Spike’s still my favorite character to this day and I liked how they developed Big Mac from S5 on. Even the bro friendship they developed with discord was a great addition to the show, its just a shame they added it so late.

Thorax was cool enough but Gallus and Sandbar didn’t do anything for me. I think the writing in general was just too far gone for me to ever connect or even like them as characters.

I seem to remember sometime between S3-6 we got a hint the writers had an understanding of how lackluster a job they were doing with the male cast. The early show was very clearly depicting Equestria as a matriarchy simply because ladies ran everything and were a clear majority of the show’s cast, bg ponies included. In fact, one big one I remember around this was back during S2’s dragon quest. The ep’s moral was basically to reject aggressive masculine dragon culture and embrace the more femininely inclined pony culture. There was less nuance in the writing those days and it was clearly a cultural battle of the sexes episode. There was a real conversation on how the show portrayed male characters (either almost nonexistent, quiet, overly dumb at times or as an antagonistic force) and the writers apparently caught on later in the show with a more equal balance of male and female. In fact, I think there was a note in the staff about possible future pony gens and how the fans didn’t want to see guys as the typical bumbling male stereotype character in a future gen. This was a long time ago but maybe this bodes well for what we’ll see in G5.
Background Pony #A9A4
@Latecomer  
Thank goodness. Have you encountered these before? The “ I’m from the future” comments? Do they come true?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
Gender for me doesn’t matter for a character as long as they’re written well. In the case of males, off the top of my head I like Spike, Thorax (both versions), Gallus, Shining Armor (wish he was used more), Sunburst and Flash Magnus.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Overall, I think characters such as Spike, Discord and Shining Armor are well written.

I think that depends on the episode. I like Spike in Inspiration Manifestation and Secret of my Excess, but I don’t like him in Princess Spike.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide