Stupid stuff that comes to mind that we want to post (pony version)

Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Latecomer  
I have to disagree. If stuff is built up in the first season, than the second season should add to it. Not every episode needs to built up on it, but it still needs to be remembered, which it sounds like season 2 failed to do.
Latecomer

@Meanlucario  
But was it “built up”, or just used? Was there any initial attention of Rainbow reaching her dream one day? Or was it a static aspiration for a static character?

@Hollowfox Jaeger  
If it’s declined, it’s simply because it’s over for now. A successful G5 will revitalise it.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
I imagine MLP is gonna go the Transformers route. Old fans. New fans. A lot of critique and plenty of shade will be thrown around. Discourse within fandoms is nothing new. G4 brought in a lot of older fans so while the fanbase is less active, I don’t think it’s really going anywhere.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
MLP Movie 2017 cut prologue

Fun fact: This blog is written by Michel Gagne, who had an uncredited role in the animation after effects of Space Jam. He also worked on some of the effects of this MLP movie. Pretty amazing.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Est. 2012
@Latecomer  
Uh, it declined before the show ended.

@Brass Beau  
But there is still no redemption for G4, no sequel to the movie, no way to finish Equestria Girls, nothing. Just comics and a TTG-esque reboot. And that’s on Hasbro thinking about themselves rather than the fans.

If it isn’t going anywhere then why did Hasbro move on from G4? Because of the movie’s financial failure? or the fandom’s loss of interest?
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
I don’t know. If I had to hazard a guess it would be that Hasbro projected that rebooting the series would improve toy sales more than continuing it. We got six seasons more than Hasbro usually invests in their IPs television series. I’d say it was a net win in the end.

Est. 2012
@Brass Beau  
They still should have cared about their fans. I mean, MLP wasn’t well known enough outside of the fandom since G4 was popular amongst older fans. And Hasbro will never revive G4 for MLP as much as they love to revive G1 for Transformers every single goddamn time. If they did, then they should have made a sequel to the 2017 movie, and not a hard reboot.

G5 won’t have Tara Strong involved because she said the G5 counterpart to Twily won’t exist. But again, G5 won’t be the same as G4 or any past generations) and that will make me worry that a G5 series won’t last long just like LPS: A World of Our Own and Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Not to mention, I am concerned that the 2021 movie will flop just like the 2017 movie did since My Little Pony is a niche franchise and niche franchises barely make money in mainstream cinemas and fare better on television and streaming. I know Paramount is in charge due to its partnership with Hasbro, but the mainstream audience won’t know the new characters that replace the G4 ones since this is G5.

How would you know that MLP is just as much of a household franchise as Star Wars, huh?
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Hollowfox Jaeger  
Why do I feel like you’re still pissed that Shy is friends with Discord and the rest of the Mane Six doesn’t see eye-to-eye with him, and this is a big reason why you think that the show needs to “redemption to fix their reputations.”

Est. 2012
@Latecomer  
Look, tbh, the reason why I wanted a sequel to the FiM movie is because Hasbro is always the laughing stock and punching bag of the film industry as most of its films (Bayformers, Jem and the Holograms, Ouija, G.I. Joe, and Battleship) weren’t critical darlings.

And I thought that the 2017 movie will have critical acclaim because it’s faithful to the source material by NOT being a live-action movie. But as usual, critics hate Hasbro, so they slammed it as much as they did to Bayformers: The Last Knight, making 2017 the WORST year for Hasbro. That’s why I wanted it to redeem itself, but unfortunately, Hasbro doesn’t give a fuck about it, and saw the underperformance of the film, so they canceled FiM after 9 seasons, they scrapped the sequel (and lets Boulder Media use the same concepts for a TV special) and start from scratch with the 2021 movie.

Come 2021, if the fans who trashed the later seasons think it’s good, then they will forget G4 existed. But I could be wrong.

And let’s not forget that EqG’s story is unfinished and Hasbro doesn’t care either. Do you think it’s finished?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide