Pony Venting Thread

Toastypk
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Royal Advisor
@Red-Supernova
Maybe, but there is still plenty of stuff I enjoy about G5. Aside from the stuff that’s more appealing to girls. Funny situations, cute, likeable, adorable characters, the greater intrigue to the connection to the G4 era… and with the characters, surely there is a pony you’ve really glommed onto, even the background and side characters. I’ve come to adore Thunder the royal guard a huge lot.
G5 isn’t going to be like G4, and stuff like the cell phones and modern technology and apps and things are a consequence of getting the attention of the target audience, but it can all be enjoyable too without being stupid across the board. Only real thing I thought was the stupidest point was a certain scene with Sparky.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Thread Starter - The Mega Man thread!
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Toastypk
Its just that if they expect to connect it to G4, then I expect similar quality. Everything just feels more restrained in G5, even the smaller stories do. I don’t know if this is a sign of me losing my patience with these kind of stories or that I’m completely burnt out with MLP-related things.
I don’t care about the use of modern technology anyway. I just want G5 to improve their story and actually have STAKES.
Red-Supernova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Passionate opinionator
@Toastypk
Well, it has abused its sweet time for long enough.
@Mr.Myoozik
G4 didn’t take that long to make things more exciting after its first year. What’s G5’s excuse?
@Megalobronia
Is it really our fault? Because we’re an unexpected demographic that’s been raised on fantasy video games & anime?
doctorfreemane

gordon/neo
ill be so honest im kind of frustrated with the way g5 kind of undid all the progress done in g4. a large part of the ending of g4 was that twilight succeeded (at least, succeeded at establishing the foundations for such a thing) to restore a wider peace and sense of friendship in equestria. that was the WHOLE point of the series and to see it all undone at the start of g5 by saying no one remembers the mane six and all the 3 types of ponies hate each other ???? its so strange to me. there were several episodes in gen4 about the history of the 3 pony types and how they worked to overcome their differences (i.e. hearthswarmings eve) but i guess we should all just forget that ? i also find it weird that all the new species introduced in g4 didnt rly show up in g5? what happened to the unification of all species?? idk. i havent fully watched g5 but from what ive seen a lot of it just kind of throws out g4. i wouldve preferred that they made it a standalone series rather than something connected to g4.
if there were new g5 episodes that go against some of my points above feel free to correct me. im not rly familar with g5 cause it kinda annoys me to get into.
doctorfreemane

gordon/neo
@Red-Supernova
look. i get not liking g5 but if it genuinely just doesnt fit yer tastes i wouldnt suggest letting yerself get worked up over it. i also dont like g5 but its moreso because i think theres potential and i wish that it would handle the events of g4 better. i do agree with the others, however- it takes time to build up to larger more dramatic moments. even g4 had periods of time with very little going on. give it time and im sure there’ll be something more story-based.
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Passionate opinionator
@Vivace
But that’s the thing! I want to keep enjoying MLP with everybody else ever since I started!
@doctorfreemane
I feel that its been too long since we’ve gotten a big shift in the story. They’ve already played up the whole “could Misty be working for someone else” mystery with the main cast for FAR too long.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Very. Not even G4 dragged on a plot thread for this long from what I can remember.
Now you’ve got me digging. If we treat MYM Chapter 2 as the start of Misty’s arc, and assume that “Misty Switches Sides” is resolved in MYM Chapter 4. then it will have been about eight months. For comparison, that’s less time than:
  • we waited to see Princess Luna again after her debut in Friendship is Magic part 2 (exactly one year)
  • Luna’s redemption arc (S2:e4 through S5:e13, or four years and ten months)
  • we waited for The CMC to get their cutie marks (S1:e12 through S5:e18, or four years and nine months)
  • we waited for Rainbow Dash to join The Wonderbolts (S1:e1 through S6:e7, or five years and eight months)
  • we waited to find out about Applejack’s parents (six years and eleven months)
  • we waited to find out about Scootaloo’s parents (eight years and six months)
Red-Supernova
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Passionate opinionator
@DerpyFast
The thing is, we were at least treated to interesting things in the show’s development while we waited for those. Chapter 2 of MYM so far felt like a big whole “nothing happens! lol!”
@northern haste
Its clear she will. Its just that all the moments of Misty getting screwed over have gotten old for me.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@Red-Supernova
Just please understand that it’s not a good train of thought to have really high expectations for something because you’ll end up feeling disappointed, especially if it was something that was a big miracle in quality. Think about it, were you really expecting G5 to be the same Internet sweeping phenomenon as G4 was since it was a lightning in a bottle situation? Even if this new generation became its own thing and disconnected itself from Friendship Is Magic, it would have a hard time matching up to the expectations of its predecessor.
doctorfreemane

gordon/neo
yawwns ive decided to log on with yet another complaint.
im STILL bummed out over the replacement of twilight’s library. i know everyone has complained about it but i still miss the library. it was cozy and unique and could’ve been a wonderful headquarters fer twilight even post-princess duties. while yes it wouldve been a bit “strange” to have twilights abode just among regular ponyfolk and so easy to enter, i also think that having her home be more down to earth and embedded into ponyville made more sense with her role as the princess of friendship. having her in a cold castle isolated from the home of the people who made her who she is feels so uncharacteristic and it feels like a waste of the original meaning behind why she got her role and power in the first place.
i realise that this was prob a decision to sell more toys, but why not just upgrade the library then and make toys of that??
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ponies Online! - April 13-14

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide