The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@Princess Luna  
I mean, a lot of sites i use. When a post is deleted. A notice is sent to the “poster” and an explanation of how it broke the rule. I even sent a email asking why my post was remove, when it clearly didn’t break the rule cited- and it has not been answered (and yes, I know you’re all volunteers & you get alot of emails ect)

Because, the main issue is the rules are a bit vauge at times, and definitions & interpretations differ due to different national attitudes.

There is no transparency, no clear examples and no accountability.
Skoon
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Hard Work - Merited Perfect Pony Plot Provider badge with only their own art
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
The Power of Love - Made a piece of artwork loved by 1000 users
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag

Too tired to care
@Background Pony #3D05  
Spain abolished it in 1811. Sweden banned the trade in 1813. The Netherlands in 1814. France in 1817, though it did not take effect until 1826.

England was the largest slave trading power in Europe until 1833. Many years after their competitors stopped.

Yes, they did side with the Confederate states for cotton, but the fact remains they chose cotton over what they felt about slavery. Further they also saw it as a potential way to re-conquer the states.

Point is, Nazi’s don’t sit alone in history for committing atrocities. They are simply high in visibility.

Why do I make this point? Because “they started a war” came up.
Background Pony #3D05
@Inucroft  
It’s in violation of the spirit of the first amendment. Nobody can give you rights, just take them away.
Background Pony #13F1
@Inucroft  
Nazi imagery is in fact covered by the first amendment.  
Private companies are free to do as they wish, amd people are free to voice their dissatisfaction with their actions and what motivated those actions.
Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@Skoon  
I mean, France first banned it in 1797, but Napoleon reintroduced it, also the 1817 passing only applied to the French mainland, not the colonies.

@Background Pony #3D05  
Incorrect, uite the contary. After all, is it not an American attitude that it is not th US gov’s place to tell what a uissness can or cannot do?

@Background Pony #125B  
yawn
Background Pony #40B0
Personally I’m of the opinion that unless it’s a user or artist I don’t really care too much what is being downvoted. And when I say that it’s more in that it’s not something I would prioritize enforcing.

It’s a shame the other admins don’t feel this way. Thanks anyways for the update.

@Raptorshy  
it’s leaning towards permissive while keeping out most of the actual hate speech, flame bait, drama bait, and content that is overwhelmingly pushing/promoting nazism.

You’re going to need to be exceedingly precise in defining these terms. Especially hate speech and drama bait. Because what might be a funny “drama bait” picture will probably get deleted if the mod/admin/whoever it’s poking fun at doesn’t like it.

@Raptorshy  
This sounds like bad news to “anti-censorship” but it’s actually very similar to how we’ve always handled things (aside from the last month). Really just a surface-level skim of the worst of the content and handling things with Rule #0 just as with any other content.

This very much sounds like Rule 0 is just going to be abused a lot more often now.
deactivateda0841fe

@Inucroft  
A lot of things get deleted on a daily basis, it’s really hard to paint a picture without spending a lot of extra time writing it out and can come down to moderator discretion as well. It can be tough for things that should be removed but don’t really fit into one specific rule per se, and because of that the clarity can be a bit muddled. I’m always happy to look into something that was deleted if there are any questions about it.

Very awkward to say the least. It’s definitely not a comfortable position to be in I will tell you that.

I also feel it’s very important to not give incredible weight and validity to symbols/ideas by banning them, as historically that’s tended to backfire. This is more of a personal take on it though rather than policy.
Background Pony #7C5E
@Background Pony #7C5E  
@Raptorshy  
Well? Am i wrong?

You’re making the rules stricter but are still trying to work out how much by instead of just rolling the rules back to before the BLM policy.  
This is the exact opposite of what the people in this thread and on the side of this discussion in general actually want.  
It doesn’t matter if it’s full censorship or just a little bit of censorship or somehow fairly doled out censorship to all parties, we dont want any censorship period
Cammera
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Wallet After Summer Sale -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Undesirable
You’re going to need to be exceedingly precise in defining these terms. Especially hate speech and drama bait. Because what might be a funny “drama bait” picture will probably get deleted if the mod/admin/whoever it’s poking fun at doesn’t like it.

Not to mention artists who may not even know of this shitstorm and may be caught in the crossfire.  
Meanwhile, people has been banned for downvoting Dilarious. at this point you guys outright need a policy against downscore-related moderation measures, again just to set the hypocrisy in stone.
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Cammera  
This however is a thread about a particular DNP pledge, not the general place to ask questions. It would be helpful to ask questions in a specific thread for such.

@Inucroft  
We used to send notifications when an image was deleted to the uploader. Perhaps we should notify on deletion for all types of content. Perhaps more important is having a private explanation instead of the all-or-nothing deletion reason.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed