The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Background Pony #7C5E
@Raptorshy  
I wasn’t being rhetorical.

When did  
Effective immediately we are removing the recently added rules and will not be considering political ideology or beliefs when evaluating if content is compliant with the rules.

Become  
We will be tightening our rules and will not be allowing any form of harmful ideology. This includes not only content promoting Nazism, Stalinism, Communism, etc but also content promoting racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, or anything else involving hate speech.
Barhandar
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Helpful Owl - Drew someone's OC for the 2018 Community Collab

(twi|pony)booru.org
Mod audit logs would be fantastic and it’s definitely something I’m going to push for in the future. Navigating what has been done on here is very blind compared to what I’m used to on the old e621 codebase and it can be quite a hassle.
Really. How the hell did Derpi manage to scale this large without good logs?

@Princess Luna  
You and I both know how far have people tried to bend that. Up to and including unironically going “pony with swastika on her butt literally makes people into nazis”.

@Background Pony #7C5E  
A.k.a. the ideological slide rule: if you’d let a picture depicting some ideology stay if it was your ideology, then it bloody well stays even if it’s literally nazism.
Background Pony #125B
@Raptorshy  
But why not make this fully fair though? You and i both know that the censor crowd wants anything nazi deleted because they think it ““hurts”” us. So why not go full equal and censor something they care about?
deactivateda0841fe

@Background Pony #4555  
Quite the opposite. It’s a minority of them, some wanting more posts allowed even than I would consider practical.

@Inucroft  
I actually briefly touched on this before I noticed your post. That’s part of the reason this is as big of a problem to solve as it is.

Though we are actually hosted in France as #3D05 said.
Background Pony #40B0
@Background Pony #40B0
Of course to both points. Wording these things so they are clear but not so detailed that they run into legalese is very tricky. And yes, getting mods on the same page 100% of the time is not easy, especially for things that touch things that effect them personally. If there’s anything that you feel was removed unfairly you’re always welcome to appeal it. We’re human and mistakes do happen.

First off I really do appreciate you sharing this information, and I assume it’s been frustrating trying to get everyone on the same page. You’re a real human bean.

That said, this policy is dumb, and I’ll explain why. It’s going for a “kind of” “middle of the road” approach. This is a nice thought on paper, but in reality will probably work out like this:  
-The anti-censorship people won’t come back unless the rules revert exactly to what they were like a month ago. So they won’t come back with this proposed policy change.  
-The pro-censorship people won’t come back until every single image with a Swastika is scrubbed from the site. And if we’re allowed to be candid, even if you did that it’s likely most still wouldn’t come back. In their eyes, the site is tainted and beyond saving.

There’s been plenty of evidence to show the pro-censorgroup is not really worth pandering to, so I don’t understand why anyone would.
Cammera
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Wallet After Summer Sale -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Undesirable
@Background Pony #7C5E  
This. As has been said multiple times, if people art too affected by something they can filter it. A “Joking about politics” tag would come in handy for that, and enforcing it might’ve saved us the whole mess.
Background Pony #4555
@Background Pony #4555
Quite the opposite. It’s a minority of them, some wanting more posts allowed even than I would consider practical.

Then I don’t see what the problem is with allowing content and why you apparently need to work hard to prevent mods to delete. Because that is what it sounded like you had to do.

@Latecomer  
And we’re back to “How does censoring [insert foalcon, rape, gore, etc.] content hurt you unless, well…”
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Barhandar  
The site is generally set up so we can see who did what and leave each other notes on things. Also, the Booru-on-Rails code sent a feed of staff activity to all staff to be able to look at, but we haven’t yet added this to Philomena (we just a bit ago added the normal user feed).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed