Music thread

Starless
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
My current favorite prog album is Pawn Hearts by Van Der Graaf Generator. A few of my other favorites:
Larks’ Tongues in Aspic by King Crimson (Court is amazing but not my favorite)
Close to the Edge by Yes
Foxtrot by Genesis
Thick as a Brick by Jethro Tull
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

As far as prog rock:
The Snow Goose and Mirage by Camel.
Octavarium by Dream Theater
I feel like Quadrophenia by The Who should count.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
Congratulations to Jack Harlow for his third number one song with “Lovin’ On Me”. His third right behind “Industry Baby” w/ Lil Nas X and “First Class”. Sadly this is gonna be the last new number one song until Mariah Carey retakes the top spot again for the billionth time with her song.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music/Charts Enthusiast
Andre 3000 of Outkast is back and he made a song with a ludicrously long title called “I Swear, I Really Wanted To Make A “Rap” Album But This Is Literally The Way The Wind Blew Me This Time”, and it’s a 12 minute long instrumental that’s more ambient than hip hop.
Background Pony #C079
I need help finding/remembering the name of a fan made MLP song about Luna. It contains the lyrics “I pray you see through this mask I put on, I’m not too far gone, I’m just dug so deep I can’t breathe”
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
I heard the awful metal Christmas cover album with people like Tim Ripper Vinnie Moor David Elleson George Lynch oh my flip i never heard anything worse than God Slayer by Otep and that Dungeon Wolf album that I’m not listing to on Bandcamp
TheHappySpaceman
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
@Mr.Myoozik
The titles on that album rival emo song titles.
“The Slang Word P(*)ssy Rolls Off the Tongue with Far Better Ease Than the Proper Word Vagina. Do You Agree?”
“That Night in Hawaii When I Turned into a Panther and Started Making These Low Register Purring Tones That I Couldn’t Control … Sh¥t Was Wild”
“BuyPoloDisorder’s Daughter Wears a 3000® Button Down Embroidered”
“Ninety Three ’Til Infinity and Beyoncé”
“Ghandi, Dalai Lama, Your Lord & Savior J.C. / Bundy, Jeffrey Dahmer, and John Wayne Gacy”
“Ants to You, Gods to Who?”
“Dreams Once Buried Beneath the Dungeon Floor Slowly Sprout into Undying Gardens”
Dashie41 YT

Negan Guy
If i picked my favourite Christmas song it has to be Red Water (Christmas Mourning) by Type O Negative and Christmas by King Diamond
🧡☮Starrscout☮🧡
Duck - Hates MLP:FiM but still paddles around the MLP:FiM pond quacking about how bad it is
Artist -

Here’s a few Spotify wrapped results:
My #1 top artist was The Beatles (saw that coming from a mile away). My peak listening month for them was July. My #2 top artist was Aqua, with my peak listening month being September.
I listened to music for 3,934 minutes!
My top song was Little Apple by Chopstick Brothers, played 30 times starting July 14.
I played 252 songs this year. Feels like I played like 120
My top genres were Otacore (odd, I’ve never heard of otacore), Bubblegum Dance, Classic Rock, Contemporary Country, and Pop.
I listened to 112 artists this year.
Mr.Myoozik

Music/Charts Enthusiast
My top artist was Taylor Swift and she gave me a nice message thanking me for listening to her all year long, it was very heartwarming.
SNESChalmers
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

What have I become...
Apple music wrap-up: 304 total artists listened to, and 8013 songs played.
Top 5: Anathema, Voivod, Katatonia, Dir En Grey, The Dear Hunter
Doesn’t say how many minutes of listening I did, but their “milestone” section had 25,000 as of September, so if I had to guess, probably 27-28k. Might pass 30k by the end of the year.
Background Pony #BF00
@SNESChalmers
If you enjoy Katatonia and the early stuff from Anathema, I also suggest you to listen to Novembers Doom, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, and Moonspell; those bands play similar stuff and their music is amazing. My favorite band is My Dying Bride, I cannot recommend their music enough. If you don’t know where to start, here’s the order I suggest you to follow:
First, listen to For You by My Dying Bride.
Second, listen to Autumn Reflection by Novembers Doom.
Third, listen to Enchantment by Paradise Lost.
Fourth and last, listen to Second Skin by Moonspell.
Best part of it? The bands I mentioned are veterans in their genre, so it doesn’t matter which one you pick. You’ll have at least eleven studio albums to listen if you fall in love with any of them.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide