Music thread

𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫
Best Artist - Providing quality, Derpibooru-exclusive artwork
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

@Шавкат Рахмонов
One murder of a band member such as Euronymous is just a single stat compared to the tremendous amounts of rappers who were murdered for the past 40 years.
From Tupac Shakur, The Notorious B.I.G., XXXTentacion, etc. The list goes on.
The most recent one that I know was Takeoff.
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
So Bob Weir’s show last night was quite good! It wasn’t just like a Grateful Dead show or whatever, but obviously it wasn’t trying to be. Most notably, the band was very different–in addition to Bob on lead vocals and guitar, and longtime Dead keyboardist Jeff Chimenti, the ten-member band also featured upright bass, drums, pedal steel, cello, violin, trumpet, trombone, and saxophone/flute. There wasn’t a lead guitarist to take Jerry Garcia’s role, with those duties instead being split between Bob and the pedal steel player. This was interesting. Bob is a great guitarist, but his voice also sounds really good after all these years; he’s really found a good mold as a singer even at 75. Keeping a good singing voice in the older years is a challenge for many.
Something notable is that Bob sang a lot of Jerry Garcia’s songs, which I’d say he does a great job at. The additional musicians helped make the sound more dynamic, and of course it wouldn’t be a Dead-related show without extended jamming. Something funny is that before the encore, Bob and the other members sang Happy Birthday to the upright bassist.
Overall an enjoyable night, even if marred by weather delays, which sucked big-time and probably cut his set by a few minutes.
Set 1:
  • “The Music Never Stopped” > “Easy Answers” > “The Music Never Stopped (Reprise)”
  • “Queen Jane Approximately”
Set 2 (after one-hour weather delay):
  • “Loose Lucy”
  • “Two Djinn”
  • “Bird Song”
  • “Uncle John’s Band” > “Supplication” > “Uncle John’s Band”
  • “Help on the Way” > “Slipknot!” > “Franklin’s Tower”
  • “Morning Dew”
Encore:
  • “The Wheel”
  • “Brokedown Palace”
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Music/Charts Enthusiast
One of my favorite aspects of being a music and chart historian is finding out when was the last time a veteran act was big on the pop charts and compare it to their work during their prime and the other contemporary sounds at the time. For example, knowing that in 1997 alone, The Bee Gees, The O’Jays, Billy Joel, David Bowie, Depeche Mode, Natalie Cole, Susanna Hoffs of The Bangles, Peter Cetera of Chicago, Paul McCartney, Slash, Patti LaBelle, Isley Brothers, Rod Stewart, Duran Duran, Aerosmith, John Cougar Mellencamp, Richard Marx and Bruce Springsteen all charted on the Hot 100 in this year despite all being past their prime is just fascinating to me knowing that people kept them around past their expiration date a little while longer
Posted Report
Applepie2010
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Nostalgia Nerd
One of my favorite aspects of being a music and chart historian is finding out when was the last time a veteran act was big on the pop charts and compare it to their work during their prime and the other contemporary sounds at the time. For example, knowing that in 1997 alone, The Bee Gees, The O’Jays, Billy Joel, David Bowie, Depeche Mode, Natalie Cole, Susanna Hoffs of The Bangles, Peter Cetera of Chicago, Paul McCartney, Slash, Patti LaBelle, Isley Brothers, Rod Stewart, Duran Duran, Aerosmith, John Cougar Mellencamp, Richard Marx and Bruce Springsteen all charted on the Hot 100 in this year despite all being past their prime is just fascinating to me knowing that people kept them around past their expiration date a little while longer
thats right
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music/Charts Enthusiast
On this day 27 years ago, a bomb was discovered outside the London home of Icelandic singer Bjork. Intercepted by the police, it was a letter bomb containing sulphuric acid and was mailed by Ricardo Lopez, a disturbed fan who later filmed himself committing suicide. The singer was unharmed.
Posted Report
SleepySteve
Duck - Believes in a quack for a quack. Not a fan of being civil to others.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Apples and Pears
Rock musicians ranked by cringe (top is standard cringe, bottom is irredeemable cringe):
  • John Lennon
  • Kurt Cobain
  • Jim Morrison
  • Roger Waters
  • Van Morrison
  • Roger Daltrey
  • Alice Cooper
  • Gene Simmons
  • Axl Rose
  • Scott Stapp
  • Sid Vicious
  • Marilyn Manson
  • Johnny Rotten
  • Mike Love
  • Ted Nugent
  • GARY F*CKING GLITTER
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
@TheHappySpaceman
Look up what Daltrey thinks about migrants, #MeToo and “woke” culture. At the very least, it’s indistinguishable from what the average grandparents rant about daily.
As for Jim…it’s not that he had problematic views but seemed to enjoy drugs and alcohol way too much. Not to mention the womanizing…
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@SleepySteve
Oh damn, I didn’t know that about Roger. That somewhat taints Who’s Next for me… then again, that was mostly written by Pete anyway.
Also, fair enough about Jim. I wouldn’t consider him “cringe,” it more just sucks that such a talent was squandered by heavy drug and alcohol use.
Posted Report
SleepySteve

Apples and Pears
Pete is pretty much The Who; Roger’s just the one doing the singing since Pete’s not that good at it (just hear him in “Let My Love Open the Door” and you’ll see what I mean).
Posted Report
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@SleepySteve
Pete’s a good backing vocalist and has sung co-lead on a few songs (e.g. “The Song Is Over,” “Baba O’Riley,” “Eminence Front”), but I’d agree that Roger is by far a better lead singer, yeah. Pete’s talents are his guitar, piano, and songwriting.
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik

Music/Charts Enthusiast
The Who is one of those bands that’s a music lover’s messiah and an aficionado for those who like music theory and composition, but me being the filthy chart casual that I am, I always saw them as “Ha ha, look at funny Englishmen make good music”
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide