Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

General Tag Discussion

Background Pony #0299
@Dogman15
What makes you think that’s a scene interpretation? I don’t recall this ever happening in Trivial Pursuit. I don’t think it has anything to do with that episode or Lesson Zero either, and if the tags weren’t locked I’d remove that episode tag.
Posted Report
Background Pony #7C7A
@Dogman15
When I want to edit locked tags, I usually report the image, set the reason to other, and state my edits in the report description.
Posted Report
saby
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Magical Inkwell - Untitled ancient Pegasopolis vignette
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.
Speaking Fancy - Badge given to members that help with translations

Anti Fun Officer
@Dogman15
It was featured, could be pre-emptive protection against a known vandal with a known MO. Recently, staff has also gained a tool to delete tag history entries without sacrificing a goat at the altar of arcane arts, so the tag history could be scrubbed, not originally unblemished, especally if it was attacked while being featured.
All of this is still speculation, I have no personal knowledge of this specific case.
Posted Report
saby
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Perfectly Normal Pony - Red is Sprout, yellow is Hitch, you are a lout, and also a bitch.

Anti Fun Officer
@mdashlw
“ych example” is an example of a finished product for an YCH commission that can be purchased. The typical YCH listing is a WIP with blank stand-in characters to show what level of customisation is possible—can the pose be altered, what species/races/sexes the character(s) can be, are props/accessories/clothes “part of the set” or open for custom etc. Whereas “ych example” shows how the finished product would look, using an arbitrary character, often canon or one of the artist’s own OCs.
Posted Report
mdashlw
Artistic Detective -
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

@saby
So the tag “commission” is used both for advertising something you can commission (your character here) and finished commissions (ych result)?
Posted Report
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@mdashlw
If it is an advertisement it should be tagged ‘advertisement’.
But, yes - commissions are commissions whether they are finished or WIP or advertisements.
And ‘your character here’ implies ‘commission’.
The way these tags work in just two processes here, takedowns and DNPs, is that anything tagged ‘commission’ will usually be special handled. Even when doing takedowns or DNPs, most artists permit commissioners to upload their own commissions. So if an artist requests all their works be taken down, or asks for an Artist Upload Only DNP, commissioned images are handled as a separate category and usually won’t be affected - unless the artist asks for a different arrangement.
Blissful690

Violet Frost Fan
@Ciaran
What if you want to look for something that’s an advertisement in the style of something you might see on a billboard, in a magazine, and so forth?
Posted Report
saby

Anti Fun Officer
@mdashlw
YCH examples are not finished commissions, they are serving suggestion images, and hence, advertisements, for commissions.
Posted Report
saby

Anti Fun Officer
@mdashlw
Yes, because the tag “commission” is not restricted to images that originated as commissioned. It’s also used for commission adverts, including standalone example images, whether they’re presented within a pictorial price chart…
or not
Posted Report
caligari87

The following search returns on the order of 124K images, which I believe should also be tagged with oc only if they contain an OC tag but no canon character tag. I’ve spot-checked several pages and this appears to be accurate.
character_tag_count:0, oc_tag_count.gt:0, -oc only
Please let me know if perhaps I’m interpreting this query wrong.
Posted Report
saby

Anti Fun Officer
@caligari87
In addition to what DP said, it should also exclude images with ponified/eqgified etc. anything. The query can’t be purified, so the batch tagging has to be manual, and will take a long time to do. Having said that, I’ve saved the search query (with some personal additions) to my bookmark folder for “forever tagging projects” which I go to whenever I have to nervewrackingly sit and wait for something or get that very specific mixture of anxiety/boredom that makes organisational tasks very appealing. My amended search is now just below 40K entries.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@caligari87
I’ve saved the search query (with some personal additions) to my bookmark folder for “forever tagging projects” which I go to whenever I have to nervewrackingly sit and wait for something or get that very specific mixture of anxiety/boredom that makes organisational tasks very appealing.
Oh, you have those too? I keep some filters and bookmarked searches set up to breeze through my daily g4 mass-tagging.
Posted Report
Background Pony #7C7A
@saby
Maybe it refers to the specific signature that says “<unreadable> signature (mlpfan’21)”?
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide