Unpopular opinion time

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I think G5 should be called G4.5 since its a sequel and uses the themes of G4.
@Just Wayne
I suppose I feel the same when Celestia gets critiqued but I’m not interested in putting the time and resources to debating either so I do try to ignore it.
But it’s okay. Just know which fights you should actually fight and which ones you should just bail from.
Thats a lesson I have to learn.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Just Wayne
Sooner or later, just letting you know. All fandoms are cursed with people like this. Maybe like you’ll find yourself meeting very similar people in Bluey. Doors are always open though.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@TheQuietMan
I’ve always found it silly to call TYT “G5.5”
It was pretty much the first thing to air after the movie; It came out before MYM. It’s also seemingly outlasted MYM, and carried the Generation and plot along in its stead.
Dragonpone
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Badge Dragon
@TheQuietMan
They were co-running series originating from the same continuity, there isn’t a single “canon” story.
And even if it was intended to be only MYM, it’s kind of a moot point when the entirety of MYM aired during TYT’s running.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
I agree that Celestia that should’ve gotten her own episode a lot sooner, but better late than never cause I’m still glad she got focus eventually, I for the most part liked those episodes where she was a big focus.
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
I for the most part liked those episodes where she was a big focus.
And I’m gonna assume that the one exception is the episode where she (and her sister) were written OOC, right?
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
My hot take is I actually like Celestia as sort of mysterious and unknown. Somepony even Twilight doesn’t know fully. And her real talent being her foresight.
I think MLP should have leaned more into that direction and have it where Twilight slowly learned about Celestia and her past.
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
Celestia and Luna were hardly OOC in ‘A Royal Problem’.
It was simply their more petty side, which makes that a sister-to-sister conflict would bring out.
Also, Starlight was not the sole focus. More of a catalyst for the story that we check in with once in a while.
Twi Clown
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Tiger beetle
My headcanon is that fans who saw that behavior as OOC likely never had siblings nor have interacted with people with siblings.
Really, petty squabbles are quite common among people who share parents.
@Mr.Myoozik
I believe listening to fans too much was partially to blame. Sometimes I believe many great ideas were canned because of excessive deference to fans. People often sided with Luna for being the underdog, nothing wrong with liking Luna but directives are like a binary bit, they can easily go “0 or 1, nothing else”.
Just Wayne
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Blingo
@TheQuietMan
I don’t know. Fans of Bluey don’t latch onto one character for years. Take Muffin for example. With season 3 out Muffin is now seen in more positive spotlight and I pretty much never see anyone rag on her behavior and most even celebrate it as “chaotic good”. Even now there are still people absolutely going full “literally Satan himself” on Starlight and right here going “Sure we finally got Celestia episodes but did it really have to take this long? And she’s still terrible”. I think this fandom simply feeds on negativity while Bluey builds and feeds on positivity just like the show itself. What the show teaches always has an effect on one fandom while none on the other. We just rather complain than think about what the show wants us to learn.
About G5, Bluey doesn’t really have a new generation to do comparison with, being a still relatively a new show at all, but god the amount of YouTube videos and people’s negative comments on it is abysmal. I still believe Hasbro actually watched those videos and that’s why MYM came to a halt. G5’s reception is much more public which makes fans’ feelings toward it more clear. The worst thing Bluey gets is a bunch of stupid fan theories but I can clearly feel people’s love toward Bluey. I can’t anymore with MLP. I don’t feel anything.
Whatever, I said I was going to unsub from this thread but I still haven’t. I’m still curious I guess. I’ll wait until it deviates from this topic to unsubscribe, and then I’ll try to look for any evidence that this fandom actually still loves this franchise. I don’t really like doing comparisons but I feel like it’s appropriate here.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@DragonBoi471
Nope, I also like that episode.
I never saw both sisters as being written out of character, the two fighting against one another over how hard their jobs are is something I can see both being at each other’s throats over, and also their siblings, siblings fight all the time, it’s a normal thing to do like what Twi Clown said.
@Twi Clown
So in other words, pandering?
Dragonpone
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Badge Dragon
@Background Pony #F622
Luna is the underdog in the same way Batman is Superman’s underdog: It’s something the story pretends is the case because it makes them sound more relatable, but popularity is the greatest superpower.
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
My headcanon is that fans who saw that behavior as OOC likely never had siblings nor have interacted with people with siblings.
Okay, that’s definitely a lie.
I have a sibling (a little brother), but we never had any “squabbles” at each other for the past 30 years…at least, not ones on the same petty level as Celestia’s and Luna’s in A Royal Problem. If anything, I believe whoever wrote that episode never had siblings.
Speaking of, I recently read a journal on DA about the two princesses and the user who wrote it suggested that ARP’s story could work better if it was a flashback about Celestia and Luna’s early years when they were under the care of Starswirl. I quite like this idea for three reasons:
  1. It would show us that the royal sisters weren’t always the wise, benevolent, compassionate, and funny characters we’ve known since S1.
  2. It would show us how Luna’s resentment towards Celestia (which ultimately led to her corruption into Nightmare Moon) got its roots.
  3. The inclusion of Starswirl would serve as another teaser towards the events of Shadow Play (I always found it odd that Starswirl never got a flashback story in S7 like the rest of the Pillars).
Mr.Myoozik

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@DragonBoi471
Or maybe sibling dynamics work differently among people? There are those who bicker and argue a lot and there are those like in your case who are in good terms with one another, not all brother and sister relationships are the same.
I personally liked their portrayal in the episode cause it shows more character to them and that they’re not perfect royals and it establishes their relationship with one another. Also, I’d hardly call what they’re arguing about “petty” since as the episode showed, both sisters have their own jobs and duties that are very difficult, stressful and even important, it wasn’t like they were arguing about a childhood toy or something.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide