Unpopular opinion time

CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Jonny Manz
Everyone’s least favorite is Hitch. :( Poor, poor guy… My least favorite G4 M6 character is Rarity and my least favorite G5 M6 character is…no pony after it initially being Pipp and then Sunny. Funny looking back on how Pipp used to be my least favorite and now I’m getting a comic made based off a story of mine where she’s a powerful ghost. XD
Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Übermensch in training
@Icicle Niceicle 1517
Fluttershy is easily my least favorite.
She’s usually prone to be either passive or be a bit of a sacred cow. It gets into my nerves.
@Tiger beetle
Pretty much. It’s easier to intimidate a coworker or a bystander than your own brother or sister. It’s easy to interact with a random civilian at the bank than your own mother at home. Celestia and Luna are naturally “regal” at their subjects but actually dealing with close living people will take a number on anyone. Many friendships often break apart the moment they start living together.
@Dragonpone
AJ is a rare character. When she needs to be active she’s rather prone to short sight-ness and rather bullheaded moves. She’s wiser only at her most passive. Dunno, never got along with Team Mom characters.
Roseluck
Roseluck - For supporting the site

Speaking of Applejack…
I like her and all, but I feel she doesn’t fit the show. Doesn’t fit Equestria.
We’ve got this land loosely based on European medieval fantasy with some ancient Greco-Roman things thrown in… and then there’s this mare who stepped out of the Far West.
And it’s only her. Everything else that doesn’t fit Equestria, the cliche Western episode, Manehattan, they’re all linked to Applejack.
Imagine Lord of the Rings, except Tolkien felt the need to make Boromir a cowboy, Gondor is Texas and Minas Tirith is built like New York. That’s Applejack to me. She ‘fits’ into Equestria as much as Rainbow being a haiku-spouting samurai because she’s the loyal, warrior-like one.
I like Applejack like I said, but she’s just… why is there a cowboy in Equestria…?
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@Dragonpone
I really gravitate towards straight man/only sane man characters in fiction and Applejack definitely fits that bill for me. The reason why she gets written stupidly to make the plot happen is any preemptive attempt to flesh her out and give her more character which I get, but it does leave a black mark over her. A lot of the times, you can just have a character react to the craziness of the world around them with a grounded point of view and have that make them be endearing just as much as having brash characters, hyperactive characters, smart characters, shy characters and such.
Latecomer

@Jonny Manz
I, on the other hand, think it has potential… as long as it’s Pony!Twilight and Human!Flash, that is. But then again, either of them can also ship well with Sunset Shimmer…
Jonny Manz
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@Latecomer
I guess, as a Twilight fan, I just found it insulting that such a great character would get paired with, basically, a waking cardboard cutout just because he’s a member of the opposite sex. Because Flashlight is really the only Twilight ship to make me feel that way - like I said, while I don’t seriously ship Twilight with anyone, something like Twilight x Sunset, I have no problems with.
Twi Clown
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@Latecomer
They probably caved too much into pressure.
You can’t squeeze potential if you get demoralized by an initial blunder. Which is odd since they actually tried and succeded to redeem Sunset in the eyes of the fandom but were too timid with Flash…even though he actually does a lot more for the plot in what little role he has than characters like Marble Pie or Lyrabon.
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
I like Flash as a character, especially when they gave him a more dorky, music-loving personality, but he never had much chemistry with Twilight. Timber and Sci-Twi are cute, and actually have chemistry, but I am not that attached.
Obviously, the right move would be to have Timber and Flash date.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Dragonpone
What do you think Grogar would have been? Satan himself?
If a story doesn’t have a climax, then there’s no story.
I’m sure they’ve poked fun at god characters for making the story end quick before had they actually tried to be useful.
“I started a cult, and then travelled back in time to change history because my best friend moved away” is too weird and abstract to be relatable.
We’re so fortunate that guy whoever he is is keeping our guy busy. But anyway, G4’s weakness is probably because it was abstract than consistent.
@Mr.Myoozik
Guess we can’t change or teach proper interpretations because generalities, despite existing is not mandatorily applied.
@Twi Clown
Fair point. “Just because” is hardly a good reason anyway for serious or wise characters
@DerpyFast
Time doesn’t heal all wounds as one had demonstrated.
@DerpyFast
No, that’ll be their boss, or the time zones, or their alone time.
@DerpyFast
Her job is to serve people, what kind of ruler would she be if she didn’t? I think Princess Spike sort of demonstrated this if you replaced Twilight with Celestia.
@Dragonpone
Now that’s unhealthy thinking, blaming or being blamed for everything directly and indirectly.
@Dragonpone
I know a fan series currently ongoing that paints RD at her worst.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@CloudMistDragon
Someone I like Rarity better than Pipp is. And I like Zipp better than Rainbow Dash is.
Fluttershy is easily my least favorite. She’s usually prone to be either passive or be a bit of a sacred cow. It gets into my nerves.
You don’t have to elaborate the sacred cow part. I know an episode that demonstrates this.
Pretty much. It’s easier to intimidate a coworker or a bystander than your own brother or sister. It’s easy to interact with a random civilian at the bank than your own mother at home. Celestia and Luna are naturally “regal” at their subjects but actually dealing with close living people will take a number on anyone. Many friendships often break apart the moment they start living together.
Asian syndrome.
@Roseluck
It’s fantasy, KH has a beach, Indian palace, Jungle, the deep sea, spooky town and hell all in one.
@Jonny Manz
Don’t a lot of us say the same about Mudbriar, Ragamuffin, Zephyr Breeze and pretty much a lot of guy characters?
harasha456
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The Cringemiester
I contend that the big reason MLP is so popular is that it’s artstyle and writing is a perfect balance of anime and furrydom meaning moderates from both fandoms can get behind it.
Latecomer

@Jonny Manz
This is the fandom which spun characters out of eye drift and bench sitting. Compelling takes on Flash are wholly possible.
(Now as for why I think she fell so hard for him… well, the heat-supressing medicines Twilights has been taking since puberty are surprisingly useless at doing anything about teenage human libido. But lots of relationships start from something like that and grow.)
@Twi Clown
Indeed. And the dropping of Pony Twilight from the subfranchise likely didn’t help.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
It’s been forever since I saw EQG4, why do people hate Timber Spruce again? I don’t remember thinking he was that bad.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@TheQuietMan
Like I said, people interpret words and meanings differently from one another and there is also intent in how you say it, but that topic has sailed away so no point in pulling it back to shore.
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@Latecomer
It didn’t. Admittedly Sunset Shimmer was the true main carry of EG.
@Dragonpone
For starters, it felt like trying to make the Flash Sentry thingy but good, but to some Timber seems like he tried too hard to look cool It might depend if you like Timber’s exuberance or Flash’s eventual fleshing out. And then there’s the waifu stealer which seems a bit weird since Sci-Twi is not really the Twilight people has got accustomed to at least at the time.
@Mr.Myoozik
Yeah, but since people need precise terms rather than more exact if mouthful explanations, one just use the easiest terms available out of necessity. So I don’t think the words you used were really incorrect.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
I think Sci-Twi and Twilight wouldn’t be the same if they didn’t look the same, and yes that includes color schemes.
That way, Flash would easily tell the difference instead of hating Twilight to the point where she will be forever alone after returning to Equestria bc of Sci-Twi hating him.
Jonny Manz
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Latecomer
I mean, that’s fair, but I dunno, I guess I just took it personally when it looked like they were taking a character who I saw (and see) a lot of myself in and giving her a potential love interest who was so incredibly bland - and making her fall for him for seemingly only that reason.
Because yeah, I enjoyed quite a few of those fandom concepts (while rolling my eyes - at worst - at others)
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Übermensch in training
@TheQuietMan
Kinda hypocritical considering how many ships are done out of nowhere anyway…and I don’t just mean canon X OC.
For all accounts I do like Flash nowadays, not that he has a lot of competition among male characters but ehh, gotta take what I can get.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide