Unpopular opinion time

Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

I liked the TYT episode “Baby Critters”
It wasn’t perfect. But it was cute. Also, we got a Jazz-focused episode, Jazz screaming and more Jazz slapstick. The next episode was terrible compared to it. The ones after being average or meh. So it was the last one I liked for a while
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I saw a few people say that Twilight in The Last Problem could have just moved to Ponyville to be closer to her friends.
I don’t think a decision like that should be made lightly. It could produce major problems. Canterlot would be very unhappy and it might encourage rebellious behavior.
And with Ponyville, it could ruin the small town atmosphere and replace it with a bustling city.
Not to mention all the paperwork and complications with moving the center of power. I don’t even know if that would be legal.
I think Twilight made the right choice. Sometimes you have to make sacrifices for the greater good and make do with what you have.
Background Pony #4C59
Not to mention the gross amount of dissonances it would cause. Specially when it comes to high stakes episodes.
In typical regular episodes turning back in time, town or at least community level telekinesis, transformation spells to turn things into fruits or plants, magical explosions or even simple brainwashing spells. In slice of life episodes those powers get a huge boost, depending of the circumstances even somewhat blatantly broken. The lack of build up often means even if there’s a technical explanation, the audience remains in the dark. It also has the nasty side effect that two parters feel underwhelming because those op powers suddenly cannot be used for no good explanation and most fights follow very standarized patterns, the heroes are notably nerfed in a lot of them and the villains often seems to get the upper hand by luck rather than being legitimely threatening.
The dissonance already existed so making a power like that at least if made out of nowhere would just make the ponies feel either OP in low stake episodes or downright incompetent in high stake ones…sometimes even both.
Amphibian Swamp

If someone wants to follow their own AU/canon (of any franchise) rather than “canon” That’s perfectly fine and makes things more interesting.
Like, I once saw someone who said they considered S1 of G4 non-canon, I wonder how their AU/canon goes during where S1 would be. How did Twilight meet the M6 in theirs? Or what happens to NMM.
Also, it would be interesting to see what some versions of other people’s canon. Like in the episode where the CMC got their cutiemarks, for example. I consider the contest and all non-canon, but the CMC did still get their marks through a different situation. It would be interesting to see someone’s canon where the episode never happened and how or what their marks looked like, if they are different
Or someone’s canon where maybe… A particular dies or something instead of being redeemed. With their redemption being non-canon to them. How would the rest of the show be different? How would the other characters fix a situation where the redeemed character was needed in the original?
Interesting to think about. If everyone followed the actual events and saw it as all canon. It would be a pretty basic and boring fanbase
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Moving
Yes! I agree with this!
If I ever make a fanfic I might deviate from canon if I find it helps make the story more interesting.
Of course on the flipside, like with reading Anthropology, being able to reference canon events in episodes without it being overbearing coulf be seen as a sign of attentiveness to detail and creatively intergrating events.
The point is, whatever you do, make sure it fuctions in twlling the story you wanna make.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
I might make one based on the original idea where the mane 6 are revamped in g5. Because I suddenly have nostalgia for The Batman. A kickass show.
Amphibian Swamp

I don’t really mind anthros. Only If they’re used in an AU or some innocent, appropriate fun. Rated safe or semi-grimdark only. They can be interesting, I don’t really mind them at all. But the ones with human hands/feet instead of whatever their species normally have look weird to me. Like Goofy and his family, for example. (Well the hands are fine, since you can pretend they are paws.) It’s extra weird on animals that have hooves
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
I don’t care at all about anthros. But ponies and EQG/Humanized, I like them both on different ends of the spectrum.
Tiger beetle
Artist -

Send massage.
As for why Twilight was so distraught in The Last Problem, I always took it as Twilight not ony living in Canterlot but also taking on Celestia’s duties. So she’s away from her friends, and has the mind-numbing schedule we’ve seen in ‘A Royal Problem’ which leaves her barely any time to hang out with them. Yes, she can teleport, and yes, Canterlot is not that far away. It’s still a drastic change, and I understand why it scared her. The others treating it like it’s no big deal also didn’t help. And yeah, I know WHY they pretended, but just sayin’.
Amphibian Swamp

I used to hate Equestria Girls but now I’m kinda neutral on it. I largely prefer the ponies over anthros or humans tho. So I wouldn’t really go and watch it, unless it was part of a character moments video or if a scene interested me enough.
But an alternate reality where the characters are humans, does kinda seem interesting. I also wouldn’t mind if there was a G5 version. A character going through a portal, turning into the same beings of the alternate reality is not a bad concept
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
I’ve always believed this myself. I’m not saying that to throw any kind of shade at Faust, I’m just saying, that’s how I always felt. Hasbro wanted her to make the show, so she fulfilled her role to her best ability, then moved on as soon as the opportunity arrived.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide