Unpopular opinion time

TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Jonny Manz
Phyllis and Sprout are underrated, they’ve essentially disappeared since the movie.
@icicle wicicle 1517
And that’s supposed to be the biggest break if Sandbar, Gallus and even Spike aren’t considered the males of the main cast. “Hitch is the first”. From what I see, it’s more his presence alone that simply qualifies.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

The recent news of Blizzard cancelling the PvE mode of Overwatch 2 gave me severely strong vietnam flashbacks to how the MLP writers treated
what? Aside from the… connection made, it’s kind of hard to take that seriously if you’re wording it like this.
@Mr.Myoozik
Jar-Jar MLP is the key to all of this.”
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@WaynePonePone
Or what’s similar. Had every reference to g4 never existed and even the movie, I wouldn’t even think about staying any longer. If the movie went the same way but you replace the Mane 6 with expies, I definitely still would have stayed. It seems like they’re actively trying not to connect the two series, and just abruptly trying to get us to move on. It’s not that I don’t want to but we have loads of unanswered questions and especially when it comes to world building, we keep getting brand new locations with absolutely no history of the previous time and even new events like Bridlewoodstock that seems to already exists way after g4’s time.
Jonny Manz
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@TheQuietMan
Honestly, while the whole tying into G4 thing was what made me intrigued in the first place, now I like the G5 characters so much that I wouldn’t think of abandoning it. Honestly, it makes me not even mind the slow trickle of answers as to the connections between the two. It seems natural that, after such a long time, things would have changed (as far as world locations go)
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Might be an unpopular opinion (good thing I’m posting here!) but rather than being in limbo, I think it’s struck a good balance thus far, of being its own thing but also being in the same continuity as G4.
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
@TheQuietMan
I’m talking about the difference between a reboot and a sequel. It might be hypocritical of me to mention other franchises after I just said let’s talk about ponies in the pony thread, but reboots nowadays are really just continuations of a previous story. It’s really just sequel with extra stuff. Terminator, Halloween, Mortal Kombat, and Jurassic Park. There is really no difference between reboot and sequel nowdays.
Jonny Manz
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I am who I am
@Jonny Manz
To clarify, I’m ok in the sense that world building (at least as far as locations go) has never been one of MLP’s strengths - it’s always been about the characters for me.
DerpyFast
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Whatever you’d call Star Trek TNG in relation to Star Trek TOS, that’s what you’d call G5 in relation to G4. If something from G4 rears its head, it won’t matter if we aren’t invested in the characters and setting of G5.
I’m confident that G5 has a plan and will actually deliver, so I don’t mind if it takes its time. If it doesn’t, we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I think MLP exceeds when it does both characters and world building and when one fumbles, the other picks up the slack and vice versa.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide