MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Midnox

I don’t know how to feel about this.
I’m upset about the premature end but I can’t say I’m surprised, TYT was digging his own grave a long time ago, no matter how much people pretended not to.
At least we’ll have a little more faith in G5 with the comics until they announce the possible G6 or If the ponyverse it’s really is a generational crossover, maybe we can have the conclusion of Allura’s arc.
I can live without a conclusion on Allura, but if I were to choose between it or having a good send off to the G5 Mane 6, I’d pick the latter. Both would be better of course.
river mines

@Background Pony #3073
I don’t think kids have stopped liking 22 minute shows, it’s more of an issue that it’s cheaper and more popular in general to do shorter shows, but clearly 5 minute shows didn’t work for MLP, maybe they’ll strike a balance and do a 15 show.
but in any case, the first step in building the future G6 is for them to have a solid base and structure.
the structure of the G5 is a mess,
first it started with a very good movie for theaters
then they announced that the story of the film would be set in a 3D show on Netflix plus we would have a 2D show on YouTube with 5 minute episodes, ok
but then 99% of the team that produced ANG at the studio was changed at the last minute due to a sale, then the production of the 3D show clearly went through some problems as the animation of the first few eps didn’t seem completely ready, so we had inconsistent releases with gaps of months and with a decreasing number of episodes, but at least they ended the story, right? well they end a show with a clear continuation hook.
but it seems that they gave up on the 3D show and decided to make the main five-minute 2D show, but with almost no improvements such as increased time, with no structure to tell a long-term story and mainly returning to the cycle of delays and inconsistent releases.
There’s no point in creating any new generation if you don’t have a plan and decide everything on the spot.
Midnox

@Midnox
Yes, if the ponyverse has a worthy farewell, that’s enough.
Yeah, I don’t give a shit if it’s a crossover or whatever as long g as it’s the exact same storyline and characters. We can hope, as it wouldn’t be the first time something like that happens. There’s a whole trope about it which name I don’t remember, but I know of two instances:
1-Legend of Zelda cartoon. Link always wanted a kiss from Zelda, but at the time of its cancellation, he neither got it, nor Ganon was permanently defeated. Come Captain N, and both of those are given a closure.
2-Daniel Souza from the cancelled Agent Carter. A third season of the show was cancelled, but the fate of the character was know in the MCU backstory. Well, the final season of Agents of SHIELD not only gave a closure to an alt timeline of the character, but he’s given a different on-screen closure. I know it’s doesn’t count as much as that show’s outcome wouldn’t change the overall MCU plot, but production wise, it counts on my book.
Background Pony #A781
@Midnox
other examples I remember are the flash from the 90s series in the CW’s Crisis on Infinite Earths arc, and the Black bolt from Inhumans in Multiverse of Madness, maybe they are more tragic endings but it could be something like that too
IgnoreMePlz
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I just listened to this song again after so long.
The amount of tears I let out just now, I really needed a good cry; feel so much better now; was getting REAL depressed and worried about this whole situation.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

This one was really good. I had a feeling that Allura was just this scared animal trying to get home.
It’s a weird spot. TYT was at its best when it was supplementing the main story, and when we were still getting to know the New Mane Six. As the “main show”, I still liked it, and I wanted to see where they were going, but it left a lot to be desired, and I was getting a bit bored. But I’m also not sure I want more MYM. Seasons 3 and 4 of FiM struggled to fill 22 minutes, and convinced me that G4 didn’t exactly benefit from having a “main show” beyond the first two seasons.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
But I’m also not sure I want more MYM. Seasons 3 and 4 of FiM struggled to fill 22 minutes, and convinced me that G4 didn’t exactly benefit from having a “main show” beyond the first two seasons.
I’m not sure what this means in the context of G4 - Yeah, there were multiple series in G4, but the continuity of FiM mostly just ran through the one show, the occasional divot into EQG notwithstanding.
Are you saying you would’ve preferred if Season 3+ was handled like the animated shorts?
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
New episode was totally amazing, loved Allura in it with her song and her backstory. It was also really cool how they remembered Twitch’s development from Bunnisi Beauties. WAY too bad we’re only getting one more episode, never going to let Hasbro live it down with the way they screwed this show over.
river mines

@Midnox
One advantage that the G5 has is that as it is the current generation it is more likely to have a greater focus. It would be cool if the example opened with Alphabittle and Haven’s wedding.
Midnox

@Midnox
One advantage that the G5 has is that as it is the current generation it is more likely to have a greater focus. It would be cool if the example opened with Alphabittle and Haven’s wedding.
The question lies in, is Hasbro willing to continue the story with the obvious recant they are doing? It’s possible they rebrand ponies AND continue where G5 has left off, but I’m not confident it’ll actually happen. I’ll If I’m wrong, though.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
I still think there’s a fair shot we get some kind of G5.5 before jumping into G6 proper, but I haven’t kept up with every leak that’s come out recently so I don’t know if that’s still realistic.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@CoffeeHorse
I definitely saw a little girl watching it. Now I feel bad.
@Background Pony #3073
Kids can be. What on earth are you talking about. 5mins is anything but sufficient.
@Briarlight
Assuming it wasn’t a red herring. Opaline still remain a true villain. Allura is as comparable to another unicorn of old.
@river mines
We were never pretending yes. They were. It only took them Hasbro’s own words to finally believe what I’ve predicted beforehand with their circumstances. It should continue in the comics. No confirmation or denial whether or not they’re cancelled too.
@DerpyFast
MYM would’ve work. But not if Allura did nothing anyway and only did something out of being provoked. Not really a villain in that sense. Not even close to Mr Freeze. Even he’s active in his amoral goals.
river mines

@TheQuietMan
about the comics I think they will still continue, in the same way that we had comics from g4 even after the show ended, at least until g6/ponyverse emerges in which they will possibly replace them
CoffeeHorse
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

It’s possible the comics are being retooled on short notice. The lead time is still significant. If Hasbro said “Here’s some stories we’d like you to continue” and IDW added them to the back of the queue, there’s a risk of not striking while the iron’s hot. Maybe the request was more “Drop what you’re doing and start working on these”, and maybe it means we’ll ultimately get that stuff sooner at the cost of a hiatus before it gets here.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
So what happens the next day when the Mane 5 return to the BoardTrot and see that it’s a mess? Will they suspect a thing?
Episode was good, seeing Twitch act like a kid was funny and learning more about her backstory was cool, though I didn’t care for the song personally. Shame that this is all for naught since TYT is ending very soon.
Zabilac

Should have made TYT 10 minutes if they couldn’t do 22 minutes. And I mean a full 10-minute of the same episode, not two 5 minute episodes mashed together.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@CoffeeHorse
Hopefully it’s that and not some last minute cancellation by the big guys themselves. They have a lot of shoes to fill now. Especially the part where Sunny shares her power with her friends. She really did that, outta nowhere.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Even if we don’t get G5.5, they could make unreleased TYT content available next year. The show was abruptly canceled after it had aired some of its content this year and the copyright year still says 2023 in the credits.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide