IDW Thread (Spoilers)

LanceOmikron
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Because COLORING!!
@Dustcan  
No, the weakest issue was the Sirens one. It basically just retold the story from Rainbow Rocks that we already knew. At least the NMM issue gave us some new stuff to play with.
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

I’m not going to get over all dreams being brewed like potions in cloud cauldrons by furry aliens on the moon. It’s absurd.

One of the fluffykins is named Gaiman. I see what you did there Nuhfer, though you should refrain from reminding readers of better comics they could be reading.

How is Celestia so proficent at dream magic? Don’t get me wrong, it’s nice to see Celestia having a prominent role and winning on her own for once but dreamwalking is Luna’s speciality and here Celestia has apparently mastered dream magic before Luna knew it existed. Give Celestia her own thing.

How exactly did Nightmare Moon possess the fluffykins with the Nightmare? It happens without any kind of explanation.

Remember how each of the mane six in the Nightmare Rarity arc were confronted by their deep fears? In this issue Nightmare Moon tries to scare Celestia with spiders, snobs, and baldness. Lame.

We get it, Fleecs. You are very proud of your cloud gremlins. Now kindly stop forcing them into every issue you draw.

Doran is an old friend of Celestia’s? How? They are literally worlds apart.

The part where any untrue notion of Celestia was erased from her subjects’ minds has disturbing implications.
soundtea
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <soundtea> fappin to cartoon horses

Ocellus is best buggo
@kleptomage  
Okay, the unfortunate implications are really damn apparent. This is like thought police levels of bad.

And the hell is modern looking Canterlot doing there when this is like just after the banishment?

I’m still just mad that going by comic world, all dreams are the result of a never before mentioned or seen race of moon furbys. Not by the actual damn ponies themselves. How in the hell did Nuhfer think this was a good idea?
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@soundtea

This is what I’m talking about; there’s never any communication between any of the members of the IDW staff. We had ancient Canterlot looking like Greece in the Sirens issue, and now even though this takes not much long afterwards in all likelihood it looks like how it does in the present day of the series.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@LanceOmikron

I have to disagree. Between the show itself and the Nightmarity comic arc Fiendship #4 didn’t give us anything new more than Fiendship #3 did. And to #3’s credit the Sirens were at least fun to watch. #4 is just…dull. The only moment that felt like it had any emotion was the moment with Luna.

At least previews for Chyrsalis’ issue looks promising.
soundtea
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <soundtea> fappin to cartoon horses

Ocellus is best buggo
@Dustcan  
Although knowing Cook, my standards aren’t exactly high.

Do all the old writers just get overconfident and go crazy with their stories or something?
kleptomage
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

@Villain Pony  
Hey, at least Celestia got to do something significant.

@soundtea  
Some will say that according to The Journal of the Two Sisters Canterlot existed at the time of Luna’s banishment. I am loathe to accept that book as canon. What is canon is that Celestia and Luna lived in the old castle at the time of Luna’s banishment and unless Fiendship is Magic #4 takes place a significant amount of time after their battle (which I don’t believe because the second page is Nightmare Moon dusting herself off from the landing), Celestia should still be ruling from the old castle.

Yeah, I’m not accepting the dreamweaving fluffykins either. Screw that nonsense.

@Jarkes  
Greek pillars and togas are visual shorthand for ancient. Whatever communication there is between the IDW staff, it’s not enough.

@soundtea  
Seems so. Compare Alien to Prometheus or The Lord of the Rings to The Battle of Five Armies.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@kleptomage

At least one of the writers has admitted that the different writers and artists there pretty much never communicate with each other on what each of them are currently working on. This explains… WAY too much.

@soundtea

When Return of Queen Chrysalis is her best adventure story, that’s saying something (and personally I think Return of Queen Chrysalis is legitimately good, but there are problems).
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@DanielTepesKraus

So it’s like SF Debris’s portrayal of Captain Janeway, and how occasionally there were moments were canon!Janeway was actually MORE insane than Debris!Janeway.
apegacine
Since the Beginning  -

@soundtea  
Well with Cook she recently had a child so she might not be as focused on writing as she used to be.  
Although if that were the case She probably should have taken maternity leave.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Now split into two threads.