IDW Thread (Spoilers)

Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Anonycat

There’s also the fact that like pretty much every fan, Nuhfer assumed that NMM was banished ON the moon instead of sealed INSIDE the moon like what was stated in the first episode.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
You know, now that I think of it, this is the same villain who, despite possessing PHENOMENAL COSMIC POWER!, tried to stop the Mane 6 by:

• Stuck a thorn in a manticore’s paw  
  • Made scary faces on some trees  
  • Shaved a sea serpent’s moustache  
  • Tried to trick one of them to join her with one of the most obvious feats of deception ever  
  • Caused an avalanche…once, when two of them are pegasi, and then left  
  • Tried separating them by teleporting one of them into another room in the same tower

Honestly? I’m not surprised anymore that NMM tried to scare Celestia with illusory spiders and baldness.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Dustcan

I still think that Luna, deep within Nightmare Moon, WANTED to be freed and deliberately arranged things so that her attempts to “stop” the mane six would allow them to realize their Elements.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@441TheSecond  
I’m not going to lie, man. That reply had me in tears laughing because I rememered that other comment of yours and had been anticipating it since I saw those little… things pop up.

@Anonycat  
That why I bitch so hard about the comics now. They started out fucking great. Like, what the hell happened?

@Dustcan  
They’ve all been pretty weak though, except the Sombra one. I think that’s the one they ran out of coke on and had to write sober.

@PonyPon  
It’s not a good sign, though, when the only thing covering gaping plot holes is speculation.

@Jarkes  
The problem there is that they, for whatever reason, decided to not do NMM’s origin story (you know, the story we all wanted) and were like “how can we write a story about her banishment instead”? I’m going to keep holding out, though, that this means an origin story from another source is planned (like, say the show or the alleged upcoming movie).

I’m also going to add that, no matter how you analyze the banishment, it paints Celestia in a seriously callous and villainous light. Consider this:  
  • If she didn’t know about the moon creatures, she willingly banished her sister to 1000 years of solitude, loneliness, and isolation on a dead rock  
  • If she knew about the moon creatures, she willingly doomed them to 1000 years of oppression under her batshit insane sister  
  • If she didn’t know the banishing spell would do that, then she used a spell with unknown effects on her sister.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
@Jarkes  
I’ve always assumed that, since her entire motive was “wanting the ponies to love her and her night”, that she was reluctant to harm those same ponies even if they were trying to stop her.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Okay, I guess.
From what I remember, Faust wanted to make NMM’s story a long arc to slowly build up everything, but she ended up having to squeeze everything on 2 chapters because Hasbro refused to let her add any continuity to the episodes, as they wanted a series with episodes that could be watched in any order.

And so NMM became a completely hollow and innefective villainess.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
I don’t get why people actually think Luna was banished onto the moon rather than becoming a part of it. The Mare in the Moon was her; it represented that she was sealed in it. That’s why it went away when she was defeated.

Again, Nightmare Forces are some weird Midichlorian shit. The mystique didn’t need to be explained.
dynamicv

@Itsthinking

Maybe because several previous comics established that she was on the moon? Ignoring those previous issues would be a major discontinuity.

Of course it’s only a problem now because hating the comics is the new, hip thing to do.
441TheSecond

Escapee from Alcatraz
@dynamicv  
It wasn’t directly stated that she was there on the moon. Therefore there was still wiggle room to say that she was just sealed in it.

And cut the “you just hate the comics because it’s cool to do so” bullshit. I am not a fucking slave to public opinion, I can make my own opinions on something.
dynamicv

@dynamicv
It wasn’t directly stated that she was there on the moon.

Nightmare Rarity Arc showed the moon was habitable and the Luna micro had Luna playing chess on the moon during her imprisonment. Wiggle room closed.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Anonycat

For once we agree. dynamicv was making good points at first (giving a pretty good explanation as to how the Nightmare Forces could be a distinct entity AND make it so Luna’s fall was still her own fault), but now he’s acting worse than I was about this stuff, and that’s saying something.
441TheSecond

Escapee from Alcatraz
@dynamicv  
Alright, so Nightmare Moon was just fucking playing chess with herself then, the avatar of thousand of years of vengeful rage and Celestia’s biggest regret was just fucking playing chess with itself like a goofy dolt. Have it your way them, much more dramatically cohesive.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Now split into two threads.