IDW Thread (Spoilers)

DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Equality - Was more equal than the rest of the people during the event and did the only smart thing: wasn't there :^)

will return
Okay. That one was pretty flaming gay. And this is coming from a guy who willingly and frequently has sex with men. Art was piss poor, the story was just… stupid, and… yeah. That’s enough reason to dislike it.

You know what it seems to me? The show proper is rather silly and childish, but it’s still written intelligently and maturely. The comics are just written childish and silly, like the writers are just on auto-pilot and don’t really give the slightest fuck.

@Itsthinking  
SStylish!  
Stylish PTS 5481
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
I was going to say the childish and silly comment was just that, but after reading the synopses for the new books it fits in a very bad way.
Conred

The new comic already sound boring. The newest one with FlutterDash is already ruined with Fosgitt. Main Series arcs are all boring. The only thing worth seeing is most likely Diamond Tiara/ Silver Spoon  
Other than that, i’m glad we have S5 because it’s like a hiatus for IDW this summer
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
…Yeah, looks like this is another one going on my skip list. It sure does seem to be expanding rather quickly…
441TheSecond
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Escapee from Alcatraz
Celestia was good, and there were some good ideas.

The rest was shit. Nightmare Moon lost whatever sense of grace and dignity she had left, and became pretty much a saturday morning cartoon villain.
441TheSecond

Escapee from Alcatraz
@Itsthinking  
Seriously, are we supposed to take that shit seriously? Sombra crystalized a benevolent ruler and then blew her up, Tirek caused the death of his pseudo-mentor because of his greed, Nightmare Moon tries to spook Celestia with spiders.

AND MOTHER FUCKER THOSE GOD-DAMN FUCKING CLOUD GREMLINS APPEARED AGAIN, I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THEM!
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@441TheSecond  
Calm down. I’ll admit it is too weird to go from Sombra petrifying and exploding a princess to NMM scaring Celestia with the prospect of baldness.

Also, how did the Nightmare Forces turn Luna into NMM when NMM turned them into Nightmare Forces? Continuity?
dynamicv

I see a lot of people confusing the moon creatures with the Nightmare Force. They are not the same thing. In the Nightmare Rarity arc:

-The moon creatures are NOT the Nightmare Force, rather they are possessed by it. This comic shows the when it happened. The Nightmare Force was a part of NMM before she arrived on the moon.

-The Nightmare Force was promised a kingdom by Luna/NMM, which means they had an agreement or deal. In exchange, the Nightmare Force gave her its powers.

-Luna was therefore NOT possessed by the Nightmare Force, she was collaborating with it, or at the very least made the choice to accept its power by her own free will.

-In Luna Eclipsed, Luna describes Twilight Sparkle’s use of the Elements of Harmony as “taking away our dark powers”. This would naturally include the Nightmare Force in Luna. In issue 7, Nightmare Rarity confirms that this is what had happened.

-The rest of the Nightmare Force that was already in the moon creatures begins to plan its counter attack, eventually gaining enough power to capture Rarity and bring her to the moon.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
This issue felt phoned in. There were plenty neat ideas and characterizations, like NMM being nonplussed about the banishment, her tricking the nyx into teaching her to dreamwalk, her creating paranoia all over Equestria, and her attacking Celestia with fears. But it all felt like everyone was just going through the motions with no-one really responding to what’s going on. The only thing that felt like it was given any weight was NMM tormenting Celestia with Luna.

Perhaps the weakest Fiendship issue so far.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

CHS, Class of 20XX
So, uh, was there ever any solid confirmation on just what the hell the Nightmare Thingy is? ‘Cause as it stands, a shadowy force of malevolence that can go around possessing ponies seems a bit out of place with the rest of the show’s mythology. Even Sombra had a physical form of his own.
441TheSecond

Escapee from Alcatraz
@Dustcan  
Honestly, the idea of NMM making ponies distrust Celestia through horrific nightmares is a great idea. THAT should have been the story, the story should have been the buildup to the fight between NMM and Celestia, as ponies started to worship the moon and reject Celestia for mysterious reasons.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
So, in this story we get to see and confirm that Celestia and the hair braiding thing were old friends.

So, Celestia knew all along the moon was inhabited by creatures with the power to create dreams.

And she still sent her sister here, fully knowing she was sending a monster to a place where she could create even more havoc than before.

Yet, she felt all surprised and unprepared by this turn of events.

WTF, Nuhfer?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Now split into two threads.