IDW Thread (Spoilers)

Viscera
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Artist -

Umu
Part of me hopes that the other threads devolve into a “war” like I mentioned earlier. Because that would be kinda hilarious and were would be the fun in anything else?

Realistically, though, they’re probably going to end up being positivity/negativity circlejerks respectively.

Also, I don’t see what’s the point of making a “meta” thread is, considering that’s pretty much what this thread already is (complete with the aforementioned negativity circlejerk).
♥♥Princess♥♥Celestia♥♥
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Artist -

The Bestia
I’m hoping it doesn’t turn into either.

It would be nice to have a thread where there’s an actual discussion about the comics instead of only being”IDW SUCKS!!!!!” or the just as bad only “Idw is such flowers and roses”

I don’t expect it will happen, but I can hope.
K_A
Bronze Bit -
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <K_A> Once you go eenahp, you can't go beenahp.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@kleptomage  
Discussions remarking on art and writing should go in the comics thread if they pertain to an issue/arc and do not diverge into commentary about specific artists or writers themselves, which is what I was talking about in my posts earlier. Posts discussing the evolution of an artist or writer in contrast would be better suited for meta, although points about that in a post about their latest work in a given issue would be perfectly fine. Twitter-related drama and the like involving staff people would be definitively a topic for the meta thread.

As an example, my (currently very negative) views about the upcoming issue’s story and its representation of the characters would be suited for the comics thread. Comments about how the latest arc is indicative of writing trends, draws from MLP S4, panders to fans, or are related to certain artist tweets should go into the meta thread. Yes, there will be inevitable connections between “meta” and comics discussion, but I think they can be handled without drawing in too much awkwardness.

It needs to be emphasized we are not doing this to split people with a negative perception of the current comics from “fanboys”. I pretty bluntly agreed and expounded on doing this split in IRC, and I very strongly dislike the current arc for both comics-related and more general “meta” reasons.

Realistically, the comics thread will be more positive in tone, but that doesn’t mean it will simply ward off criticism of the comics themselves.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Now split into two threads.