Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Ereiam  
My mom always told me, “If panicking isn’t going to do anything, then it’s a waste of time and energy.”. Well, not in those exact words but the idea is the same.
NeonThriller

@CaptainXtra  
It’s basically very similar to a 2017 law from Germany. In 2017, Germany passed a law that forced Social Media platforms to remove hateful comments within 24 hours. So yeah it’s basically that.
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Scrabbleman  
Say, since you live in Germany, have you or your entourage experienced or been witness of any substantial restriction of rights since the aforementioned law came in effect?
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

In Vino Veritas
@Ereiam

@Scrabbleman

So basically, what we have here, is an untraveled man who has never experienced the world outside of his little bubble panicking despite reassurances from people who have, indeed, experienced much of what he is freaking out about.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@CaptainXtra
It’s basically very similar to a 2017 law from Germany. In 2017, Germany passed a law that forced Social Media platforms to remove hateful comments within 24 hours. So yeah it’s basically that.

We already do that. It’s just a codification of the world you already live in.

How does social media sites removing “hateful comments” deprive you of any of your rights?
Ereiam
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - Organization is important.

Monde de merde
@Zincy  
And even if that bill could potentially cause Internet users’ rights to be restricted somehow, Avia’s probably gonna end up like Hadopi anyway (the so-called French anti-piracy agency, created ten years ago, which has done pretty much next to nothing to rein in digital piracy): a lot of noise for very little to show in term of actual effects.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
People are up in arms over a few websites shutting down, or maybe having to give Cletus a 5 minute background check before selling him a shotgun.

Meanwhile, healthcare costs are skyrocketing while care value is falling, student loans have crushed an entire generation, anyone without a strong 401k is not benefiting from the powerful stock market, wages continue to stagnate, manufacturing is slumping hard, and the wealth gap is the worst it has ever been.

These are the issues that impact every single person. They are also some of the ones that could be fixed if the right reforms were made.

But no, keep marching in capitals because you have to get a background check, or because YouTube is being a shithole.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Typhoon2000  
Or, you are so paranoid that you interpret any tiny change that happens anywhere in the world as the end of everything.

This site already follows those guidelines - how have your rights on this site been denied?
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

[screams in German]
@Ereiam
So what you’re saying is French laws are more bark than bite?

Most laws are more bark than bite. It’s about knowing them and seeing the profits/losses of it.

I recall a statistic/phrase from a few months back. Basically, it was that people break 2 or 3 laws every day. So there’s no need to be so worried about it, because the cost of dealing with these people who break such minor laws are way more than the profits.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@Scrabbleman  
And on top of that it is so very rare that people actually read the law they are complaining about. They just repeat whatever clickbait or ragebait they last saw, without even looking to see if what they’re afraid of could even happen.

It’s like the folks protesting letting teachers strike, because “second amendment rights”. It’s like some people don’t have any ability to be critical of the media they are consuming.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Business and economic leaders are finally starting to realize that climate change will start damaging the global economy.

Or, more specifically, they’ve known, but now that it is actually hitting home they’re starting to actually care.
NeonThriller

@Zincy  
But these government elites from around the world are trying to take over the Internet and remake it in their own image. This is a big reason to be mad about this because the Internet is meant for everyone, Not greedy and corrupt officials.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide