Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Changes to the FICO score system will see millions of Americans under a high debt-load lose upwards to 20 points

The changes are a blatant win for credit agencies and lenders, and a net loss for most debt holders. Those who already struggle with debt, or have taken personal loans for homes/businesses/medical expenses will be the hardest hit.

While we actually can’t blame Trump for this, the timing is bad for him. The changes are set to launch this summer. Meaning that millions of Americans will suddenly see a negative shift in their credit score on the eve of the election. Many Americans believe that their FICO score is federally regulated, and tend to blame “the government” as a generality when stuff like this happens.
Background Human
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Zincy  
Trump’s political instincts are overrated. He panders to anyone who’ll kiss his ass, popularity be damned. And evangelicals are kissing it so hard you’d think the Godhead had a new member.

@Dustcan  
Paramount should sue.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
Pompeo declined to answer multiple questions from Kelly about Ukraine, saying he had only agreed to discuss the administration’s policies with regard to Iran. Kelly disputed that those were the terms of the interview.

Immediately after the questions on Ukraine, the interview concluded. Pompeo stood, leaned in and silently glared at Kelly for a period of several seconds before leaving the room.
An aide to the Cabinet official asked Kelly to follow Pompeo to his living quarters at the State Department without a recording device but did not specify that the ensuing exchange would be off the record, according to NPR.

“I was taken to the Secretary’s private living room, where he was waiting, and where he shouted at me for about the same amount of time as the interview itself had lasted,” Kelly said.
“He used the F word in that sentence, and many others. He asked if I could find Ukraine on a map. I said yes. He called out for his aides to bring him a map of the world with no writing, no countries marked,” Kelly said.
“I pointed to Ukraine,” she said. “He put the map away. He said, ‘People will hear about this,’ and then he turned and said he had things to do, and I thanked him again for his time and left.”
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Prince Areo

It’s Trump so yes. He’s cribbing ideas from television. Again.

@Background Human

Thing is there’s just enough alterations that the government could pull a “transformative art” or “parody” or whatever.

You know, if they don’t just pull a “lol we’re the government.”
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@SombrLiz
What’s wrong with Joe Rogan?

@Dustcan  
All I know about Rogan is that he’s in love with the N word and has time and again lamented on his podshow how it’s not socially acceptable to say.
Don’t know if there’s anything else wrong with him but right off the bat that’s not a good image.

Plus, since he’s a former UFC commentator; he has been slammed before for calling athletes “faggots” and using the word “gay” as an insult.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
What happens when an out of touch, aging 1%er meets crunch culture?

You get a presidential candidate telling their campaigners to drive in dangerous weather to meet deadlines.

“Hey guys, all weather policy is dissolved throughout the entire state because we have five weeks left until the election,” Kay Glad, Biden’s regional organizing director for Iowa, informed staffers. “If it feels like unsafe driving conditions, then talk to me separately but quite frankly I don’t want to hear any complaints because you know how important this is and how much time we have left.”

Glad added: “By showing an ability to be adaptable, flexible, and willing to what [sic] you’ve been hired to do, then that is the most basic threshold of demonstrating your ability of leading others. Every single day is an audition for post-Iowa.”

That first one is bad enough, but I’m surprised that second one didn’t end with ‘we’re paying you with “~+ExPeRiEnCe+~”’.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
Someone confronted Warren about her student loan repayment plan, saying it was “unfair” to those who already paid.

I despise this line of thinking. Is it “unfair” to all the kids that were paralyzed from polio that we made a vaccine for it afterwards? Is the GI bill unfair to those that served in WWII?

We should be constantly striving to make the next generations better off than us. If that is “unfair” then so be it.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
@Dustcan
Politicians giving zero fucks about safety if it means securing what they want. In other news, oxygen is a gas.

Fixed that for you.
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
Apparently China’s effort to stomp out reports of the Coronavirus bit them in the ass and now they’re doing what they can to avoid causing a global health emergency.

China, China, China.

When will you learn that you can’t oppress a virus like you oppress your citizens?
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@Dustcan  
Mercifully, someone at Biden HQ had enough sense to realize that getting staffers killed is bad for your poll numbers.  
Responding to a request for comment, a Biden campaign official confirmed that Glad had suspended the weather policy, but said she had acted unilaterally and was subsequently reprimanded and her team was given proper guidance.
“Our campaign’s most important asset is the staff working tirelessly around the country to help Joe Biden defeat Donald Trump and restore the soul of our nation,” Julie Kriger, Biden’s Iowa communications director, said in a comment. “That’s why we always prioritize their safety and well-being and have put in place policies both in Iowa and nationally to ensure that they remain safe in hazardous weather conditions.”

@Mikey  
@Dustcan
Bosses giving zero fucks about safety if it means securing what they want. In other news, oxygen is a gas.
Fixed that for you.

FTFY 2: The Quickening.
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Someone confronted Warren about her student loan repayment plan, saying it was “unfair” to those who already paid.
I despise this line of thinking. Is it “unfair” to all the kids that were paralyzed from polio that we made a vaccine for it afterwards? Is the GI bill unfair to those that served in WWII?
We should be constantly striving to make the next generations better off than us. If that is “unfair” then so be it.

you know… I don’t much care for this line of thinking of yours Zincy if I’m being honest here, of screw the older, or even Slightly older generations. I narrowly avoided the almost tripling of the student fee by going I think 2-3 years just before they decided to do that for some ungodly reason over in the UK. What exactly was all that about, tripling an already very expensive student fee? Nobody in the UK liked this who was affected, it was a big scandal at the time it happened.  
https://www.universityworldnews.com/post.php?story=20180407044722981  
https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2014/mar/21/explained-triple-tuition-fees-no-extra-cash

I think this is a fine question to ask, because what exactly is going on with these student expenses going up, especially when these absurd amount of money don’t even seem to be going into the infrastructure at all? and how is this not avoidable?  
we may as well use what you just said about people who would make noise about the suffering at the hands of polluted water, if those are the kinds of examples you’re going with here.
The Smiling Pony
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@toxicitzi  
full

Has nothing to do with screwing the older or giving the finger to those already affected by something bad in the past, it’s about preventing those bad things happening to more people. Is it fair to those that already got screwed? Not really, no; but should we continue to allow bad things to happen, when we can prevent them, in the name of fairness?
CaptainXtra

STOP KOSA!
@SombrLiz  
2020 so far feels like a test of our will:  
US and Iran almost going to war.  
Australia burning in a horrendous fire.  
China’s new virus spreading by the day.

I feel that this year will not be an easy one for the majority of mankind.
toxicitzi
BUY SOME APPLES! - Derpi Supporter
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

@The Smiling Pony  
but, nobody died from this and this is a reversible problem, this isn’t something irreversible like polio, cancer, pollution diseases, or death.

actually, I’m saying nobody died from this but I don’t know for sure, maybe some people did have their entire lives ruined as a result of this.
Background Pony #A689
I am paranoid about the Coronavirus. Will I be safe from the virus? I live in in the USA in Maine. I don’t want to die. I am going on a cruise to Alaska in July. I will be riding on a plane to Seattle Washington. Will it be safe in July? Will the virus be gone by then
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Background Pony #3347

There’s only been 1 reported case in the US so far and the guy was quarantined. And with China no longer suppressing news of it infections are now being tracked.

Outside some freak accident you’re unlikely to be exposed.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide