Legend of Zelda Thread

Eurvos Morgenbrise
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Heaven-Sent Planeswalker
It hasn’t been terrible but I have been getting punished for having BotW muscle memory.
Once you see that “Hyrule Kingdom” intro, just like you did in BotW?
Well, you said no spoilers, so I’ll just say… hope you brought the lube.
Posted Report
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
My status so far in “Tears of the Kingdom”:
I’ve only got 9 heart containers total, including the 3 that I started off with thanks to Mummy-Dorf; also whatever he did is so bad it made BOTW’s Hyrule, even before liberating the Divine Beasts, seem tame in comparison. Seriously, Gerudo Town’s story just became a “Walking Dead” scenario with all those Gibdos. On the plus side, no more having to crossdress to get in!
Eurvos Morgenbrise

Heaven-Sent Planeswalker
Well, if discussing spoilers is allowed, just with tags…
(By which I figured it was “no spoilers period, not even with tags” but I can admit when I’m mistaken.)
Evidence is suggesting to me that, at some point between Age of Calamity’s release and completion of Tears of the Kingdom’s development, the decision was made to do a soft reboot starting, retroactively, with Breath of the Wild. And it all started with Zelda calling the first Great Calamity “the Imprisoning War” instead. For those not familiar, the Imprisoning War was originally used in the backstory for A Link to the Past, as how Ganon was sealed in the Golden Land Sacred Realm after defeating the Hero Of Time in what was supposed to be the finale of Ocarina of Time.
Next is the reveal of the Zonai. Using the Wind Tribe from The Minish Cap as a base, they have taken on the Hylians’ skyward origins as well as the role those selfsame origins wound up playing in the founding of Hyrule.
Thus, as a result, Skyward Sword is incompatible with this new continuity.
Going back to the Imprisoning War, there’s the fact that Hyrule was, at the time, recently founded. Sonia is still relatively young when these events transpire, assuming Hylians age at the same rate humans do in our world.
There’s also no counterpart Sage Of Time, with Zelda playing the role in both eras. The lack of a predecessor for both the Sage Of Time and the Hero Of Hyrule (for the former, I would assume, in this case, it would be Rauru and Sonia’s daughter) entirely invalidates not only Ocarina of Time but The Minish Cap as well given King Gustaf’s history in that game. Furthermore, these events also mark Ganondorf’s debut, going from a simple Gerudo voe to the scourge of all Hyrule that is the Demon King.
While Four Swords Adventures gives us some precedent that could keep the old continuity around, in the form of a Gerudo voe named Ganondorf screwing over his people and causing trouble, it’s not enough when grouped with the rest of the evidence.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
Current status:
I’ve got all the Dragon Tear memories done, and I believe Zelda has turned herself into a dragon and she’s in possession of my sword so I need to get it back from her now.
Megalobronia
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Nintendo Nerd
@Jade Kitsune
I too just finished that. I was like, “No, there’s no way that’s Zelda’s ultimate fate.” To be honest, I’m tempted to look up the ending to see if she does turn back. (I’m not actually going to do that)
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
According to a guide, there’s a terminal in the Central Mine that starts the sequence to unlock Autobuild, but I don’t see it anywhere and I’ve combed through the mines the best I can. Do I have to do a quest to get it to spawn?
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
Also it turns out, as I accidentally discovered, the game DOES indeed have bonuses for having BOTW save data (sorry to anyone who only played the Wii U version):
Any horses you registered in BOTW are in the stables, including Epona (which means I inadvertently now have two Epona because I scanned one into my game).
If you beat the Champion’s Ballad quest in BOTW, the photo of Link, Zelda and the Champions will still be in his house in Hateno Village.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
Good thing the game gave me the Fierce Deity set, didn’t even need to scan my Majora’s Mask Link amiibo multiple times.
Eurvos Morgenbrise

Heaven-Sent Planeswalker
There are Chasms where the first four shrines were in BotW.
Set a beacon where the Temple Of Time Ruins is, but in the Depths, and head there.
It will actually help if you drain the ground entrance to the Great Plateau, speak to the statue that is uncovered there, and speak to Hylia’s Statue in the Ruins. An eye will spawn near each Chasm on the Great Plateau, and the relevant Side Adventure’s destination is underneath where you get Autobuild from. Throwing the eyes into the nearby Chasms is an objective, so it’ll help.
In fact, going there from the Great Plateau North Chasm, where Oman Au Shrine was, is the best route to get there, and the eye you will have thrown in will help you see somewhat. Just be ready for a fight against a surprise returning boss from BotW.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
Current status:
I’ve just defeated Colgera, the boss of the Wind Temple, and got Tulin’s avatar. Three more bosses! And this is my main outfit when I’m not in extreme areas:
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
By the way, apparently while you can still scan the Zelda amiibo and (hopefully) get the armor, you can also find them in treasure chests, so instead of amiibo you just need coordinates.
Eurvos Morgenbrise

Heaven-Sent Planeswalker
Current status:
Defeated Queen Gibdo. Bitch hits like a fucking truck. Died twice before finally pwning her, but I had to heal at literally every hit because she took off so many fucking hearts, especially with that charge attack! But now there’s just the Fire Temple left.
Had to stop just before going into the Gerudo Highlands Depths, but I did spot three Lightroots in the area so that’s gonna be a fun hunt. Just hope I don’t find any more Gloom Hands (Gloom Spawn?) ‘cuz one in the Korok Forest area came outta fucking nowhere and made me have to warp away and start the travel from scratch. And no, I don’t mean the one in the Deku Tree.
Honestly, I just wish I had better weapons. I’m too used to playing BotW and expecting to find high-tier weapons eventually if I go to the right places, but it seems the bulk of them have been removed to encourage using Fuse to boost attack power.
But there’s the rub: WHERE ARE THE STRONG WEAPONS THAT WOULD MAKE EVEN STRONGER ONES WITH FUSE‽‽
I’ve been coasting on weapons with like 9 or 12 attack if I don’t find Fused weapons with closer to 20, but the latter are too fucking rare for me to rely on this. Hell, part of what made Queen Gibdo such a pain in the ass, besides spamming those fucking tornadoes, is that my weapons did jack shit to her, even when I was able to stun her. I had to get real fucking lucky with the timing of Riju’s cooldown on her lightning to make any headway, and it was pure dumb luck I defeated the bitch.
And because of bullshit pricing, I couldn’t get the Flamebreaker Helm to test my hypothesis that you can climb on Moragia’s base to get the higher ground if you have all three. Hell, if that didn’t work, I’d have upgraded them all to see if I get the Fireproof status like in BotW. Until, of course, I learned there’s a cheese hidden near where the battle begins, but this is for those who probably missed the damn thing like I did. I’m still hoping for input on this strat, but nobody’s responded.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide