Ideas that You Just Can't Get Out of Your Head

Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
Ever since Sombra’s Fiendshp issue, I’ve been considering that the force we know as Nightmare moon is an umbrum. Since it feeds on doubts and fears and it’s true form seems to be animated dark magic.

Bearing that in mind, and the overall condition of the race as a whole, I’ve had the idea that the two manage to reconstitute somewhere and meet, and upon learning that they are the same endangered species, vow to work together to bring back the horrible glory of their race.

Whether or not they succeed is less important than the two tortured souls finding peace in each other’s companionship.

Because I’m a sap like that.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

Did anyone ever do a sci fi with solar sails?

There are some space fantasy stories without physics that have old ships in space ut not many people probably realize that there is a realistic excused to ue stuff like that.

You can have giant fregattes with sails, ships nothing like on Star Trek.

You can have a hero who’s a solar surfer. Stuff like that.
Vree
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

btw we should have 1 thread only for pony related ideas and 1 thread only for non-pony ones or sg.

• Cheerilee’s class reunion, sorta like >>13984
CobaltTheMadMage

And not the angry kind
Let’s see- Tirek vs a team of G-rank Monster Hunters (the MH4U variety). Toying with the idea that breaking his horns causes him to lose some or all of his absorbed magic, partly a headcanon of how his magic-absorbing works and partly because most Elder Dragons in Monster Hunter seem to get some sort of downgrade if you can break their horns.

A picture: on one side, Solaire with his back toward the camera making his “Praise the sun!!” gesture toward Celestia on a sunlit orange background, and on the other side, the Hunter from Bloodborne (probably wearing just the iconic set and weapons for easy recognition) in a similar position, but instead making the “Make Contact” gesture toward Luna on a moonlit navy blue background. Not sure what the Princesses reactions would be, kinda leaning toward a mixture of curiosity and confusion.

Vague HiE fanfic idea/headcanon: Equestria’s gravity is lower than that of Earth, so a human brought there would pretty much be like John Carter of Mars. Humans are also immune to magic, if not capable of disabling it, which is why there doesn’t seem to be any on Earth (doesn’t work for us and lifeforms capable of using it went extinct or lost the ability from competing with humans for survival). For this reason some villain of the week summons one to Equestria and binds him in heavy-arse enchanted armor to use him as a weapon against a neighboring nation.

Said human barely has any idea what’s going on, but ends up establishing himself a reputation as a thing of terror more or less by pure accident due to misinformation or misunderstandings, specifically that he can barely see out of his own armor half the time, as if the fact that it’s far too heavy for him wasn’t bad enough, so he has a hard time telling what exactly is going on at a given moment or doing the things he means to do properly
Vree

“Dream(less) Valley”

Half of the mane cast: RD, Twi, and Pinkie, and a couple of other side characters like Snips are making a trip by train to visit a town near the Equestrian border called “Dream Valley” where some of their relatives live.

According to their guidebook, Dream Valley is a weird place that apparently surrounded by a strange mist that makes the town inaccessible from all directions save for the official road, and even the road gets closed up during certain times of the year. The mist can play tricks with the mind, inducing a dreamlike haze and occassional headache that takes getting used to for first-time visitors. Celestia has also warned them in advance about the forest around the town, a magical place where “ancient ideas go to die”. As the characters pass through the forest from the train station to the town, they see many strange but familiar shapes in the fog cameos from other shows etc.) but they attribute the illusions to the mist’s obscuring effect.

Once they arrive, they are surprised to see that Applejack is already there. She’s apparently well known in town and is helping out the residents here with their work, and has visited the town many times before. Snips runs off to rendezvous with his brother Teddy who lives here as a student. The mane6 also manage to find their own relatives: Twilight’s unnamed grandmother, Pinkie Pie’s 3rd cousin Surprise, and most importantly, Dash’s mother Firefly.

After a heart-to-heart with her mother, Dash is determined to make her to return with her to Cloudsdale and make her see her dad, so that they can live as a family again. She refuses, citing the important work in Dream Valley as the reason. The 3 protags start to become suspicious of the valley, after they realize that none of the residents knows anything about the rest of Equestria and see that even fillies are forbidden to cross the town boundaries (the dangerous forest being the supposed reason).  
Dash insists that the mist must be doing something to their heads or perhaps makes them magically unable to leave. It seems like she’s only stubborn because of her mom, but Pinkie Pie accidentally confirms this when she invites a filly to the forest to play, but once they start walking through the mist the filly somehow always ends up back in town. Only the residents seem to be affected though. Twi starts to speculate about the mist and begins working on a spell to remove it. But as they are trying to test it, Spike unexpectedly appears.

He reluctantly reveals that both him and Applejack are originally from this town: his egg was found in the forest and Applejack’s ancestors have been citizens of the valley. Since neither characters were actually born here, they are able to cross the unpassable mist which is how they could both get there without taking the main route like the other characters.  
The mist indeed affects the citizens: after they have breathed the air here for a while, they are unable to breathe anything else for very long, even if they could make it out of the town.  
The mist does not just cut off the valley, it actually maintains it, so banishing the magic would make the town disappear as well.  
The mane6 reluctantly give up their plan except for Ranbow Dash, who tries to drag her mother accross the town borders, pulling her and calling out her name even after she can’t see anything from the thick mist anymore. She faints and wakes up on the train back home. To the rest the visit already seems like a sort of dream and they start to question how much of it was real and how much was just caused by the mist’s poisonous effect.  
Twi tries to reassure Dash, and points to Applejack (who’s somehow on the train travelling back with them, along with Spike, who’s already back to normal) and the relatives AJ has to leave back in Dream Valley, yet still staying strong. Twi reassures Dash that even if her mom can’t come back to Ponyville with her, her spirit lives on in Dash, which finally makes Dash accept the situation.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
I’ve read several scenes in various fanfics that just cry out to be drawn. Examples include Noi’s outfit from Dinky Doo’s Big Adventure and the door scene from Old Flames, New Gains, to name two. And that’s just the start. Multiboob Houyhnhnms, anthro cyborg Apple Bloom, giant Babs Seed, and more I can’t remember
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
In addition to the above post, I wish someone would draw Show Stopper Pest Buster Apple Bloom. Maybe with a battle saddle, too. I’d like to see that.
Nyperold

Tickling Pony Bellies
Oh, have I got a few:

• Takes place after TMPP. Pinkie is pronking along when she runs into two more of “herself”. She dashes off, yelling for Twilight. A puff of smoke come from one, and the other unzips the costume off himself. They are revealed to be Doopliss (Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door) and Don Paolo (Professor Layton series), respectively. They shake hands.

• Maud goes under a dock. She sees what she thinks is a rock. But it’s not… it’s a rock LOBSTER! “How disappointing.”

• Cadance being slept on the back of, on the forelegs of, and beside by the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

• Golden Harvest and Noi relaxing on their bellies side-by-side, having a sweet sisterly moment.

• Minuette walking around (not necessarily animated, though) with a menu on her face.

• The Pie family (or just Maud) making visual puns (albeit labeled) on various genres of rock.

• Remember those “Zestfully clean” commercials? Now think of Lemon Zest…

• Lyra and Minuette in filly form looking with open-mouthed smiles at newly-growth-spurted Lemon Hearts and Twinkleshine. Inspired by a combination of “Amending Fences” and Cheese’s flashback in “Pinkie Pride”.

• Coco Pommel enjoying Rarity’s emergency edible boots… nom nom nom.

• Sci-Twi tickling Princess Twilight in human form while at a slumber party. (Princess Twilight started it to cheer her up, but Sci-Twi got the upper hand due to being more experienced with her hands and having an experiential knowledge of human tickle spots.)
Sdf1jjak
Artist -

A story where Rainbow Dash is injured during a Wonderbolt exercise and is rendered a Paraplegic (Paralysed from the lower back downward). The Doctors tell her that an operation can be done to fix her, but the chance of success is only 40% if it fails she may never fly again. The other main 5 try to support her while she decides weather or not to go through with the operation.
Nyperold

Tickling Pony Bellies
(I should note for the Coco & boots one that I’m not intending that the boots be worn as Coco eats them. The only things in the boots should be Coco’s teeth.)

• Princess Peach holding a parasol… and Parasol holding a peach.

• Princess Daisy giving Daisy scritchies behind the ears.

Story ideas:

• An Everyone-rated story of what the rest of the Six and the three other Princesses – possibly others, as well – were doing while Twilight was in the human world for the first time.

• A humanside story, set after Friendship Games. Babs visits the Apples, having heard rumors of the weird things that have been going on at CHS, but which nobody is officially confirming.

• Amethyst Star and Sea Swirl get together over lunch and talk about the times they’ve been mistaken for each other.
ghostfacekiller39
Duck - Bona fide shitposter - ignore or report

Sunny Day Realtor
I can’t draw worth a shit, so this has no chance of ever becoming a thing, but one idea that’s been stuck in my head since Hearthsbreakers would be Limestone in the same getup as Corvo Attano from Dishonored, sans the signature mask.

full

full

Dunno why I love this idea so much. I think it’s a combination of how much I adore the style of attire Corvo wears and how that outfit would meld together with Limestone’s coat and mane, with the color of her eyes providing a stark contrast to both of the aforementioned elements. Plus, her aggressive expressions would just seem like the cherry on top of the whole picture. I can’t imagine a well executed picture of this not looking absolutely badass, quite frankly.
Nyperold

Tickling Pony Bellies
  • Pony Lyra sitting on a bench in the manner for which she is famous, and a human man sitting with her and giving her belly a friendly tickle.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide