Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Unpopular opinion time

Twi Clown
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Victory over chivalry
Clover The Clever deserves more. Starswirl is often brought up but I like to believe there were many important mages besides him, I’d have liked a tale with Clover…particulary since Clover used more guile if the Memory Stone tale is anything to go by.
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
After all I experienced in life, I now understand why progression is better than keeping flaws. It’s less about the Mary Sueness and relatability and more on becoming a better person. If you don’t learn, you’re not improving. Mind over matter.
Twi Clown
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Victory over chivalry
AJ’s parents are only popular because of the fact they died and adds some sort of tragedy to a backstory.
But on the long run they’re not really that relevant and their story is fairly bog standard “Romeo and Juliet” thing.
Heck, Granny Smith and Grand Pear are the ones who actually got character development and long term relevance from the thing as they are forced to confront the fact their feud could destroy their families.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I guess the appeal of the episode for me is Aj, Big Mac and AB finding out the truth of their past and patching things up. I think in that way it worked.
With that being said… the parents themselves seem to be more symbols than anything.
Kind of ashame, because I think unlike Twilight’s parents, their backstories actually seem to have interesting potential lore what with the clan feuding and how each one influences their children.
It woukd have been nice to see more episodes with those two.
I always had the headcanon, Pear Butter being a Pear is more introverted like Big Mac while Bright Mac is more extroverted like Applejack and Applebloom
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Latecomer
While I think The Perfect Pear was a great episode, I’m getting tired of it being constantly heralded as “the magnum opus” of the series and being used as a way to frame a false narrative that the entire show had complex plots dealing with serious issues. We always have to play a game of memories vs. reality.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Celestial Glory - Helped others get their OC into the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@CloudMistDragon
Sorta related to that but I feel like the fandom makes MLP seem more “mature/complex” then it really is becuase there is some sort of “embarassment” in admitting (to the adult male audience at least) to liking something aimed towards little kids
Likes its fine to admit you like MLP the way it’s intended to be, you don’t need to try and “justify” it by making it out to be something its not (tho this can apply to kids cartoons in general)
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Icicle Niceicle 1517
Maybe that’s why we have a bad rep. It’s not because of how bad we treat it, it’s because of how WELL we treat it. Also to reply to the other comment, isn’t mandela effect remembering things wrong? How is it not?
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Victory over chivalry
@CloudMistDragon
Complex isn’t the same as tragic.
Tragedy by definition is a narrative in which the events end up in a lose for the protagonists. You don’t need complexity to make a tragedy, you cant write “he lost his parents, that’s why he’s always sad” and it’s not complex, it’s as straightforward as it can get.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
Here’s the thing.
Did Perfect Pear really need to be complex to be a masterpiece?
I think for what it sought to do it did well. It used the familiar tropes of Romeo and Juliet to explore the old memories and familial breakups. It’s an old trope but I think it worked in the episode’s favor.
I don’t think fans are blind for thinking this is a peak of mlp storytelling. Not because it is some dark angsty tale or it’s some unique complex story with twists, but because for what it’s trying to do, being a tale of families and memories, it does it with flying colors. And I think it doesn’t do anything particularly bad either.
I would still say Perfect Pear could have had more stuff like maybe make the parents show more traits, but overall I think it does well.
Tldr I think it is a masterpiece if you use the certain criteria.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Icicle Niceicle 1517
When I think of other shows this can apply to, the first thing that pops into my mind is Bluey, heh. I don’t know about the next guy, but I find it a lot more normal to just enjoy something for kids as opposed to going on and on about how something like Bluey is “deep” to justify enjoying it. I think another part of the problem is people not realizing that kids cartoons having things that appeal to adults is not the same thing as complexity, they often conflate that with relatability. Simple stories are perfectly capable of having mature messages and intelligent writing.
@Twi Clown
Yeah, I wouldn’t describe The Perfect Pear as a “complex” episode, the plot never demands a deep level of understanding of what’s going on.
Twi Clown
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Victory over chivalry
@CloudMistDragon
In my case, I just think AJ’s parents are rather overrated since they’re more like a Background detail rather than something particularly interesting. But because people are occasionally angst addicts it results in something blowing out of proportion.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@TheQuietMan
I don’t really care if the creator looks to appeal to the fanbase. I’m fan of Star Wars prequels and I know just how much the fanbase loved them back in the day. I prefer them to make a masterpiece regardless of what we say. Of course whether they succeed or fumble it is all in their execution.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Explorer in Training
@Twi Clown
My big dissapointment is how people didn’t write any fun fanfiction with the characters.
Like where’s the ones with Bright Mac and Granny Smith arguing over the right cider?
They’re all just angst stories.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide