Unpopular opinion time

Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

12 episodes are too much for an anime, at least for me. I can’t even stand one single episode with repetitive dialogue, fanservice, ridiculous haircuts and anime grunts.
Background Pony #E848
@Ring Team  
Well we can quite agree about that, I personally prefer Fantasy anime that either Action or Slice of Life if it made me laugh or excited in awe at first episodes until last, I’d watch.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Brass Beau

Japan syndicates their shows in cours, or 3 month periods. This typically allows one to fit in anywhere from 11 to 14 episodes. America typically does 65 episode syndications, which is why FIM’s 3rd season was half as long.

There’s not much rhyme or reason to it. It’s just how it’s done.
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Philweasel

Also, let’s face it, FiM was pretty much the only thing keeping The Hub/Discovery Family afloat, so that’s another factor. And hell, it wasn’t even enough for the Hub.
Background Pony #4586
I know this is weird but:  
full  
Can you imagine Team Rocket and the Legion of Doom being friends??
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
@Dustcan  
65 episode syndication means M-F time slot occupied for 13 weeks. A lot of shows that ran SatAM would reach syndication and have reruns through the week. New shows would take the SatAM slot.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@Philweasel  
Oh, hello! Haven’t seen you in a while.

@Philweasel  
It’s nothing to compare to the Simpsons which I’ve only watched like once or twice, think it was the… Movie? in that regard, but yeah, you’re not entirely wrong, about the “too long.”

G5 is extremely unlikely to last half as long as G4.
Background Pony #7032
Just a thought:  
What do you guys think will happen with Discovery Family now, assuming the Warner-Discovery deal doesn’t cause the channel to go defunct?

For me, I could likely see them bring back some series from when they were The Hub and before that, Discovery Kids.
Ring Team
Artist -

@Latecomer  
Gravity Falls had 2 seasons instead of 5 or 9, and it’s one of the best animated TV shows in the last years.

Steven Universe has 10 min episodes and it’s one of the most refreshing TV shows in the last years.

Each season of Rick and Morty has either 9 or 11 episodes and it’s one of the most acclaimed TV shows in the last years.

The videogame ICO is 75 hours shorter than Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and it’s one of the best videogames of all time.

Less is more.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Ring Team  
Also also, Avatar the last Airbender only had 3 seasons.  
But yeah, I also agree that FiM lasted a bit too long. Later seasons had that feeling that the writers didn’t have any more ideas so they just rehash old stuff or made characters obnoxiously stupid.
Background Pony #7032
Tbf, i kinda understand the reasons, but i think all of the episodes (at least to me) are worth watching.
Ring Team
Artist -

Considering the overall quality of episodes such as Party Pooped, Bats, Rainbow Falls, Shadow Play and almost all the Starlight episodes, I still think that, out of the 222 episodes this show has, only 80 of them are worth watching today.

I kinda wish the show came out in 2013 instead of 2010. That way, people would expect more from an animated TV show, MLP would avoid having a status-quo state that would allow the characters to make the same mistakes over and over again with zero consequences and it would have a better consistency in terms of storytelling.

But at least we got some very good episodes and we got the 2017 film. I still think that movie is highly underrated.

btw, I’m gonna rewatch Rainbow Rocks. Now that I have the MLP film, I could watch that other film from a different light. Hopefully I’ll have a new positive impression about it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide