Unpopular opinion time

Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Dustcan

That would be incredibly unlikely. Because I’m betting right now that the G5 show isn’t going to run anywhere near as long as FiM did. Part of the reason is because it’s going to be a Netflix show, and Netflix has become quite notorious for cancelling shows, even when they’re good. And part of the reason is because it will inevitably be more expensive to produce than FiM due to the switch to 3D animation. Oh, not to mention the cast, which is no doubt going to come at a higher price than FiM’s cast, and even John de Lancie was too expensive for Hasbro sometimes.

If the G5 show lasts longer than three years, I’d be surprised.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Spinny

I don’t think cgi would be too expensive. At least, cgi is known to be used as a cost cutting animation method compared to other forms.

Granted FIM was done in Flash so it probably was cheaper than cgi.

Also I bet my bottom dollar that yeah G5 won’t last any near as long. FIM was already by far Hasbro’s longest running show at about 220 episodes, with G1 Transformers second at 140 or so. And since FIM ended at 9 seasons thanks to waning interest, well, G5 has its work cut out to acquire that level of interest let alone maintain it.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
@Dustcan  
G1 Transformers was just shy of 100 episodes(98 episodes), you might be thinking of Rescue Bots which was over 100. As for G4, imo it lasted 9 seasons to its detriment, I don’t expect G5 to last as long, but it should be good if it’s at least the quality of S5 and not like S6 or S9
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’m not sure if the CGI approach will be either cheap or expensive for the MLP G5, but I hope we get less episodes and better stories. I’m one of those who think that “less is more”, so having less episodes than 220 episodes will be fine for the show.

Because, as much as I like MLP:FiM, I think out of the 222 episodes this show has, there’s only 80 episodes that are well worth watching today, and only 30 of these 80 have aged well.
Latecomer

@Ring Team  
But if there had been, say, only about half as many episodes, what garuntee do you have that the proportion of quality episodes would increase? It could stay the same or even go the other way.
zidders
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

The only episode I think is skippable is Over A Barrel.  
I thought the way they ended the series was ‘mostly’ fine.  
I think the whole stoning of the three villains at the end was the only really bad decision the shows writers ever made. I get what they were going for but it went against too many of the show’s lessons to seem anything but hypocritical.  
I don’t think they should have hinted at any relationships between the mane 6. I have nothing against people shipping AppleDash. I just think it was unfair to fans of other ships plus LyraBon’s background wedding was a better way of being inclusive. Making LGBT relationships ambiguous is kind of insincere and a bit demeaning.
Background Pony #E848
@zidders  
Well, you can’t expect too high for an American franchise, even MLP is good, but all vulnerable to profit-obsessed motives, at least MLP is one of a few lucky American franchise made it this far due to its virtues of the early seasons.
Background Pony #E848
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
Oh yeah, shows with good first impressions like those you mentioned and MLP has great chance to extends its life if the writers want to, unlike shows with poorer first impressions which stands no chance.
Background Pony #D597
Princess Luna should’ve never stopped talking with the “ROYAL CANTERLOT VOICE”. It made her more memorable.
Brass Beau

Howdy from Shimmer Pope
I mean, if you really wanted to pair it down, you could down the season premieres, finales and a couple context episodes. Probably come out to about 26.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
The thing is, the network pays for a certain number of episodes, in a certain period. The dross and filler pays for the good stuff in a way.

Being too much of a perfectionist and only releasing your best work is a good way of going bankrupt.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@Brass Beau  
I think the networks over there pick up shows in batches of twelve, and there’s a general tendency to drop shows after the first season unless they’re really popular.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide