Unpopular opinion time

Candacefan29
Thread Starter - /forums/pony/topics/season-6-episode-discussion
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Go Watch Helluva Boss
Those types of people would be her pet “useful idiots,” optimistically, probably.
Tirek is easily the most pragmatic of the three. You simply put, don’t understand Tirek as a character if you think he’s an idiot. For all his love of being buff, he’s cautious. He was the voice of reason at multiple points in S9, advocating the safe plays. Cozy had immaturity holding her back, but I think she has more in common with the aforementioned character in a lot of ways than…
Chrysalis loves swinging her dick around too much for her own good, between uncloaking in front of Celestia to gloat when she wasn’t sure she could win, instead of going for “no she’s the imposter and controlled Twilight” to stall, being too caught up in relishing a city being sacked to notice Twilight freeing Cadance’s ability to move, then letting an alicorn try anything because she’s convinced they can’t be a threat, her general preference to have her enemies suffer before dying (S6, probably, because I think she meant to murder Thorax there by draining him to death, S8 [her stated intent before creating the clones], S9), her grandiose Windigos plan that was… possibly optimistic, even taking how stupid ponies can be into account (“hey, you guys, I know I attacked Equestria multiple times by now, but I’m totally a good guy now, because I saved you from these Windigos… obey me because you love me now, don’t ask any questions about what happened to those decadent princesses.”), aside from the possibility Tirek brought up of them losing control of the situation.
As much fun as she is as a villain, she just isn’t the pragmatic type a lot of the time, and her self-awareness is too nonexistent for her to actually reflect on her mistakes, on account of being narcissistic.

YES. ALL OF THIS.  
Chrysalis is big dummy.
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
Tirek is objectively a fucking idiot. You didn’t watch the Season 8 finale if you disagree with this. He got manipulated by Cozy Glow as easily as Elmer Fuckin’ Fudd. Anyone who thinks he’s smart is kidding themselves because they want him to be a better villain, but he just isn’t, he’s the dumbest villain in the show.

Cozy’s the smart one, Chrysalis is the sadistic one and Tirek has no personality but is really, really stupid. Even I wouldn’t be tricked by Cozy as easily as him and I love her!!

Also, Chrysalis is not dumb at all!!! She knows that her actions put the plan at risk sometimes, but it wouldn’t be any fun if she didn’t get to gloat, so it’s worth it. She’s also a fucking genius who took over all of Equestria and come closer than anyone else at winning in Season 6. Only a really gay twist about sharing love was able to stop her.
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@MrXemnas1992  
The big thing is the villains are only allowed to be smart to a point and then have to do stupid stuff to basically let the main characters win. The main characters are seriously lacking in common sense, tactical ability, and intuition, so they either have to get lucky or have to have the villains suddenly do stupid stuff so they can win. Maybe I’m missing one, but I can’t think of a single villain who didn’t lose because of either sheer luck or suddenly making a stupid move that they reasonably shouldn’t have done. A smart villain who didn’t get unlucky would trounce them in about 10 minutes without fail XD
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
Those types of people would be her pet “useful idiots,” optimistically, probably.

This statement is ironic considering the rest of your post. Tirek was Cozy’s biggest and dumbest useful idiot of all time.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@AC97  
The thing that I love about this map is how diverse it is. If they would’ve taken the time to exploring more of those places, then it would’ve been a 10/10 in my book.
Background Pony #6AF2
Maybe I’m missing one, but I can’t think of a single villain who didn’t lose because of either sheer luck or suddenly making a stupid move that they reasonably shouldn’t have done.
I can. Trixie, during her time as a villain in “Magic Duel”. There was no lucky break or magical deus ex machina involved in that one, and no stupid move by the villain either (and no, I don’t count agreeing to a second duel as a sudden stupid move on Trixie’s part, because she only agreed to it after Twilight cleverly exploited Trixie’s personality flaws, i.e., her arrogance and desire for power, and taking advantage of an enemy’s weaknesses is very much a tactical move). Twilight and her friends instead coordinated an elaborate ruse that tricked her into taking off the thing that made her a threat in the first place.

And on the same subject, Starlight Glimmer (when she was still a villain) counts as well. Twilight was not able to beat her at all during their final encounter as enemies, and no luck or special magic or stupid moves on the part of the villain came to her rescue either. She broke the stalemate and claimed victory by demonstrating to Starlight what her actions had done, and talking her down from the path she had taken.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Applejack: Hippos?  
Twilight Sparkle: They’re somewhere south, past the Badlands.  
Fluttershy: That means we’ll have to… leave Equestria. Oh!

(yeah, pretty sure that the Badlands aren’t in Equestria)

@UserAccount

Also, Chrysalis is not dumb at all!!! She knows that her actions put the plan at risk sometimes, but it wouldn’t be any fun if she didn’t get to gloat, so it’s worth it. She’s also a fucking genius who took over all of Equestria and come closer than anyone else at winning in Season 6. Only a really gay twist about sharing love was able to stop her.

She got tricked into letting Cozy absorb Discord’s magic alongside Tirek, and only lucked out on “oh fuck, I can’t control Discord’s power and betray you guys as planned!” So if you’re gonna bring up S8 (and it’s not like Tirek cared that his Sith Apprentice in Training’s scheme gave him very few benefits, because it was out of spite), then… (either way, Tirek predicted that outcome, with the Chaos Magic, Chrysalis didn’t)

(not gonna dignify that post much, because seriously, while none of them are not above average intellect, definitely with Cozy, there’s not much of substance about the Tirek arguments, and I’m pretty sure you’re trolling me given who you are)

@Myoozik

It would’ve been nice to see Equestrian cities other than like, Manehatten, Canterlot, and is the Crystal Empire basically a city, kinda? Hmm… (might’ve forgotten something, but yeah, you’re right). There’s a lot of different areas contained within, lot of untapped potential, outside of the small towns like Ponyville.

@Myoozik  
@MrXemnas1992
Really, I see Chrysalis as more of a victim of bad luck rather than her own clumsiness or poor decisions.

full
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

Resident Spin Fetishist
I’m still pro-Cozy because I think it was effed up how the mane six tossed her in Pony Hell without a second thought.

Besides, how am I supposed to believe that Cozy is evil?
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
@Badumsquish

It’s like I implied before. Villains are not allowed to win. For this would change the perspective of the experience on the part of the audience. The audience is supposed to feel connected to the protagonists, even though they might rather develop feelings for the antagonist. That’s why I like Bertold Brecht. In his way of telling the story, one questions the actions and events surrounding the protagonist. In the best case one is even brought out and questions the actual motives. But in MLP the lines are clearly set.

Twilight and the Mane Six are good. The antagonists are evil. It’s such a classic formula. And that’s why you question those who like a character like Discord, although it should be clear that he sows chaos in a good sense. Those who are not able to question their own motivation should simply join the ranks of those who blindly follow the protagonist. (unpopular opinion here)

It’s like taking lambs to the slaughter. You draw a picture, black and white, and the audience instinctively knows which side to choose. Well, I don’t expect younger viewers to instinctively know who or what is the right side, and you HAVE TO like MLP for trying to teach good lessons. (^ _ ^) But it does so in a terribly classical sense. If you ask me at this point, why did I even watch MLP, well, I have to refer to season 5. Starlight Glimmer was actually a development for the better for me. Yes, Lauren Faust founded the show, and you may philosophize about how good or bad seasons 3 and 4 were, but season 5 made the show absolutely interesting again for me. However, I agree with those who say that season 7 was the best. Although I really like Season 8 for the World Building. Season 9 was okay. Now I am already hyped for G5. ;-)

But at this point I can’t help but mention how happy I was that LyraBon was one thing in the show finale. Until the end I never thought (although I was very hopeful) that Hasbro would be brave enough to make a lesbian relationship canon. As a heterosexual man, I don’t know why this means so much to me, but I am glad to live in an age where we no longer have to hide things like this. Of course I am aware that The Last Problem is mainly about the eternal circle, that introverted bookworms can and should open up to the concept of friendship. But LyraBon was the icing on the cake for me. Well, MLP did so much right with the ending. It’s unfortunate that we had so many loose ends. But I really hope that G5 will be even better. Call me naive, but I’m ready for pretty pastel-coloured horses next round.

Never would have thought that, since I hated little ponies so much in the 80’s. But that may also have been due to the horrible synchronisation. And that I did not understand a single word of English at that time. Oh, MLP. You have done so much for international and queer understanding. ;-D
Latecomer

@Spinny  
Becasue of her actions? Disliking her fate is separate.

@AC97  
At least we see a variety of places in Equestria, with more referenced or implied. Other races are less lucky.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I’m still anti-Cozy because I think it was effed up how she tossed the Mane Six in Pony Hell without a second thought.
Besides, how am I supposed to believe that Cozy is good?

Fixed.

:)
Candacefan29
Thread Starter - /forums/pony/topics/season-6-episode-discussion
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Go Watch Helluva Boss
Tirek is pragmatic and smart. True, the stronger bigger and more powerful he gets, the less he needs to rely on his guiles, but he’s not an idiot whatsoever.

Chryssi is a dumb bug who would walk into a bug zapper if allowed to. The idiot turned her back on a freed Mane Six, Cadence, and Shining Armor. She’s arrogant as fuck.

and Cozy Glow is evil. She doesn’t get a pass just because she’s “cute”…hell, I don’t even think she’s cute. Fluttershy is cute. Cozy’s cloying “Shirley Temple” act is just bleh.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@MrXemnas1992  
Everything you just said was wrong. Tirek is the dumbest character of all time. You saw the Season 8 finale, didn’t you? What a fucking moron he is!!!

Did you see the Season 6 finale? What a fucking genius Chrysalis is!!! Everything you said that makes her “dumb” was done fully knowing the risk, but thinking it’s worth it because it’s more fun.

And Fluttershy isn’t even remotely cute. She’s gross. Cozy Glow’s obvious evil makes her so adorable and precious. She did nothing wrong, despite being evil.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide