Unpopular opinion time

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@MrXemnas1992

And while we didn’t get to see Cozy’s final verdict on the matter, she initially voted to get rid of the Windigos, because it was cold (before Chrysalis gave that spiel).

I’m inclined to think Cozy would be more inclined to side with Tirek’s train of thought, but I could be wrong.

I dunno, you be the judge?
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@MrXemnas1992
Chrysalis was right. They had to deal with the Mane Six first. The Windigos had absolutely nothing to do with the villains defeat, so you just proved how much more correct Chrysalis was.

That was Cozy, stop being disingenuous.

ETA:

Queen Chrysalis: The harsh weather is the final blow to break the ponies’ spirits. Once Equestria is a frozen wasteland, we’ll use our magic to destroy those windy beasts. Ponies will be so grateful, they’ll do whatever I want!
Lord Tirek: The windigos are ancient magic. It would be unwise to leave them unchecked. Best we deal with them now.
Queen Chrysalis: [snarls]
Cozy Glow: We probably should deal with Twilight and her friends before anything else.
Lord Tirek: I thought it was too cold for you to hunt anypony down.
Cozy Glow: We don’t need to. They’re right there!
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@AC97  
I’m not being disingenuous, I remembered it as Chrysalis saying they had to defeat the Mane Six. If it was Cozy, that’s even better, because it proves how perfect the two of them are. They’re both my evil goddesses!!!
Candacefan29
Thread Starter - /forums/pony/topics/season-6-episode-discussion
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Go Watch Helluva Boss
@AC97  
I just rewatched the scene.

Cozy was the one to suggest dealing with the Mane Six first and foremost.

Chrysalis wanted to wait until the windigoes have turned Equestria into a frozen wasteland [aka when they were at the height of power] before dealing with them.

Tirek, like i posted earlier, says “the windigoes are ancient magic. it would be unwise to leave them unchecked”
Badumsquish
Generic Messy Hair Anime Anon - Seen and done more than you can imagine
Kalianne - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

ᗡ: 📶 📡
@AC97  
Honestly, if I had to lay out like a spectrum of “stupid to smart” without counting things no character could reasonably have foreseen, I’d put Chrysalis pretty much in the middle. She at least has the capability to put together plans that are rooted in logic which exploit her strengths and her opponent’s weaknesses, but she grossly underestimates opponents and makes careless mistakes. Though, at the same time given how actually powerful she is, it’s practically a necessary weakness: she’d be unstoppable if they made her any smarter :P
Candacefan29

Go Watch Helluva Boss
@UserAccount  
Because the Windgos had just arrived.

Tirek wanted to nip a potential problem in the bud.

…Chrysalis on the other hand dismissed it and wanted to wait until she could use it for political gain long after it becomes a big problem.

There’s an analogy to be made to how a certain country handled the “you know what virus”
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@MrXemnas1992

And I think it’s worth noting, correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think there’s a lot of precedent for dealing with Windigos without the Magic of Friendship/Love/Whatever, let alone when they’ve gained a lot of power from feeding on ponies’ dissent… so I’m not at all sure that’d be a good idea, even if all three of them have the combined strength of over four alicorns.

It would probably be the fight of their lives, minimum.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@MrXemnas1992  
Tirek was being a short sighted moron forgetting about the much bigger issue of the Mane Six.

@AC97  
Yes, only our collective love for Queen Chrysalis and Cozy Glow could defeat them, so the Mane Six had to be destroyed first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Candacefan29

Go Watch Helluva Boss
@UserAccount  
…if Chrysalis was ugly, would you love her as much?

just curious.

My appreciation for Tirek comes from his actions and behavior, and less for superficial reasons.
Badumsquish

@AC97  
Yeah. Did they ever actually say what the so-called Fire of Friendship was that defeated them in their first appearance? Like, did that ever even get mentioned again in any capacity? XD
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@MrXemnas1992  
Chrysalis could never be ugly. She has inner beauty. Even when she disguises herself as a disgusting character like Cadence, she’s still hot because she’s so sadistic and evil!!!!

On a similar note, when a disgusting character like Ocellus temporarily looks like Chrysalis, she’s still gross, because she’s nasty on the inside.

@Badumsquish  
I think it was a different version of the Elements.
Candacefan29

Go Watch Helluva Boss
herself as a disgusting character like Cadence,
You’ve scorched your credibility, like at least ten times before saying that.
You’re either trolling us, your standards are severely warped, or both.
Probably both.

thank. you.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@AC97  
I thought I loved Cadence when she first appeared in the Season 2 finale, but then as the episode went on I obviously learned that it was Chrysalis I loved. Cadence is absolute trash to me. Not likable at all. Poorly written, no personality-type character. She looks somewhat decent on the outside, but the real version of her is ugly on the inside.
Candacefan29

Go Watch Helluva Boss
ngl, I’m returning to this site after a long while and I’m more used to arguing on Discord where I can call people out on and whatnot, so i’m doing my best right now not to violate any rules and go for personal attacks or the like.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@MrXemnas1992  
You can say whatever you want to me in a PM. I won’t report it and also give permission.

@AC97  
She has no personality, though. She could’ve been a great character if they ever wrote her well at all.
Badumsquish

@UserAccount  
That’s the funny thing about the princesses. It’s not to say they’re each completely devoid of the other attributes, but Princess Celestia has all the personality, Princess Luna has all the character development, and Princess Cadance has all the bad-assery. It’s like the three of them add up to the best character ever, Princess Celunadance FTW :D
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide