Rainbow Rocks 10th Anniversary - Let's celebrate the 10th anniversary of Rainbow Rocks with an art event! Here

Unpopular opinion time

MadVillain
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Horses in the 🅱ack
Explanation of magic in this series has always been weird.

What’s so hard to understand? Friendship is magic.

Also, sometimes love. And evil. Pretty much everything is magic. But not Earth Ponies,they aren’t magic.
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

will return
@LeoNero  
i think my favorite thing ever about the show’s magic explanation is when twilight is so insistent that there is no such thing as curses. it’s a world where spells are simultaneously something you need to learn and something dictated entirely by how much “power” you have in you, a world where magic is simultaneously a quantifiable limited “power” each unicorn has but is also dependent entirely on your emotions, a world where mixing a rainbow and a feather makes a date rape drug, a world where eating a flower gives you a body controlling and mind altering disease that is cured by a flower that blooms in the presence of telling one specific truth, a world where dragons eructation can fax letters, a world where “love” can be harnessed as nutrition and a power source, and a world where a zebra is basically jesus, a pegasus can talk to animals, and an earth pony is basically a god, and all without any explanation. after all that a “curse” is what twiggles dismisses as nonexistent. and then king sombra rolls up to the party slapping curses on people.

@Ilovemyoozik  
DanielTepesKraus
Greatest Poster in the Board -
GREEN - TALK TO ME
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

will return
@LeoNero  
in a world where magical ability entirely dictates your potential in life, having the loosely-definable-as-magic trait of “special connection to nature” that can easily be replicated with potions or unicorn magic won’t earn you much respect.

@Ilovemyoozik  
praise be to gmos. they could feed the entire world if only people would stop pretending they were such a bad thing in concept.
Josh103
Thread Starter - Artists you miss.

To be frank, the magical inconsistencies are one of my most significant criticisms of the show. Or, to be more fair and less technical, what I don’t like about it.

But no one really cares about that.
MadVillain
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Horses in the 🅱ack
@gingerninja666  
Well Twilight obviously uses magic.  
Rarity does too to find gems and craft dresses.  
Rainbow has some OP pegasus magic that makes her the fastest pegasus without really trying.  
Flutteryshy has some kind of magic that lets her talk to animals, somehow.  
Pinkie pie.

So I guess the only Mane 6 that don’t regularly use magic in their job or everyday life is AJ.

@Josh103

I care, it’s one of if not my biggest gripe with the series. That and how other races are portrayed.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Okay, but hear me out:

Tempest Shadow piloting an Arwing from the Star Fox series.

Sounds awesome, right? If I could actually draw worth crap I’d totally draw it… but I can’t.
Nightweaver20xx
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
@DanielTepesKraus  
I wonder if unicorns think it’s quaint that earth ponies kick trees and dig in the ground and such, wasting so much time, when if they had magic they could just do, well, THAT. “Oh, AJ, did you spend an entire afternoon in 100 degree weather bucking all those apple trees?” levitates them all down in 5 seconds “That’s nice.”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide