Unpopular opinion time

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Pony of Shadow

I remember liking how the villain took a back seat while the characters discussed the ethics of how to defeat it. Felt very Star Trek. I’d have to rewatch it, though.

The Movie

Twilight blasted one of the soldiers with enough power to destroy a bridge, and it bounced off harmlessly. Tempest only needed to land one more shot with her obsidian orbs to just win immediately. Fleeing was the best option at the time.
No, the problem with the movie is there are seven main characters that basically have to be there, but there’s no room to develop them or their relationships. They end up feeling like they’re just along for the ride in their own movie.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs

Pony of Shadow

I remember liking how the villain took a back seat while the characters discussed the ethics of how to defeat it. Felt very Star Trek. I’d have to rewatch it, though.
I liked how there was an understated given that they were going to beat him. Like, were 7 or so seasons in and the Mane 6 has beaten their fair share of apocalyptic villains, and they’re talking with the group that already beat the Pony of Shadows. As another user said, they weren’t fretting on whether they could win so much as trying to agree on which “I win” button they would use.
Posted Report
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
@Dustcan
I remember people hated that finale because Stygian was pretty much in the wrong yet the Pillars were supposed to apologize to him. Also it ‘apparently’ had too much lore which some fans really hate.
Posted Report
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

@WaynePonePone
I heavily lean on interpreting that Celestia’s inner fears mixed into Starlight’s nightmare, considering just how personally she took it.
It doesn’t make much sense why Luna would suddenly know her name despite never hearing it in the episode otherwise.
She never really was supposed to be the same type of villain, just the inner fears of someone embracing their worst traits.
I think Tempest only actually had four Obsidian Orbs on her person, with Storm King throwing the last one, though in fairness, it’s not like anyone else knew or would be in a position to know that.
But yes, “along for the ride” is the best descriptor for it all, with Fluttershy being the worst offender in feeling even slightly relevant. Applejack at least drove the plot by asking what they should do now in the beginning, Fluttershy had absolutely no agency whatsoever other than the occasional, and the few plot relevant things she said were easily replaceable by someone else.
Applejack: So now what? We can’t hide here forever. And let’s be honest, we can’t go back. Look at what they did to the Princesses. We gotta keep them from Twilight.
Fluttershy: [sighs] This whole journey was such a mistake. [gasps] All we wanted was somepony to help us.
Yeah, as one way I’ve seen to put it went, that I liked as a way of describing it, Shadow Play is an example of what happens when the heroes are as competent as they logically should be in a conflict. There was quite seldom a moment they really felt outgunned whatsoever. And that was with them holding back some other heavy hitters in the cast, like the other Princesses, from getting involved (not that throwing more characters in would’ve actually helped make it better, since it had a lot to focus on as it is).
Also, if everyone listened to Starlight at the beginning, no one would’ve been saved, so she wasn’t completely right, there.
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
@Mori
His redemption never made sense
It was fanservice that the fandom just accepted because “eh, at least we will get more discord”
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide