Unpopular opinion time

Amphibian Swamp
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Since April Fools day has been over for hours (for me. At the time of typing it’s way past 6AM on the 2nd of April) I’m gonna say what I think of it
I honestly don’t care for it. Sure, I will happily read things and not take them seriously. Maybe even make a satire comment or two somewhere. But otherwise, I don’t really care for it. I just don’t really wanna take part because I don’t care
This isn’t the main reason why I don’t do April Fools but: April Fools day is associated with someone who’s been bullying me and never getting punished. In fact, I would be the one who would get punished. I re,ever one time he said something and I was scolded because he said it!
He was treated like a prince who never did anything wrong! I lost my beloved water bottle because of him! All I did was making music with it and apparently ‘it hurt him’
I’m not gonna say why I associate the 1st of April with him for privacy concerns but… yeah. I’m sorry for not really caring for April Fools
Posted Report
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
@Moving
Then I guess you may not like the previous ones, they aren’t too bad but they also did not go for a wild prank this year because of pretty much similar reason to yours.
Posted Report
Yaop
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

Exoskeletal Junction
Hot take thread? Idk how i missed this one!
Alright here’s some that i’m sure are controvertial:
G5 is terrible. Straight up trash. There’s no passion behind the writing, the 3d doesn’t come close to the same charm of the 2d even in the movie, and the only redeeming quality is Zipp and Pipp are cute.
Izzy and Sunny are SUPER overrated.
Newbie Dash is an great episode and is unfairly hated by people who have never been on a team sport or just don’t understand that hazing exists and is a common occurrence that a lot of people go through.
Posted Report
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
I don’t really disagree about G5. It’s dumb as hell that they’re trying to fit it into FiM’s canon, which has been done so haphazardly that inconsistencies are everywhere. Oh, and Tell Your Tale’s animation is also quite terrible.
And Newbie Dash’s problem isn’t so much the hazing aspect as it is the notion that Dash finally accomplishing the goal she’s sought after since episode one ended up being such a disappointment for her. It really just deserved more fanfare.
Posted Report
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I can understand why people wouldn’t like G5, but if humanity made it so many years with baffling, stupid, filler or meaningless episodes in Friendship is Magic, we can cope with anything.
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
Newbie Dash is an great episode and is unfairly hated by people who have never been on a team sport or just don’t understand that hazing exists and is a common occurrence that a lot of people go through.
Newbie Dash deserved all the backlash it got. Hazing existing and being common does not make it right. The Wonderbolts just come off like a bunch of bullies that don’t deserve any of the reverence they have. Also imo, the worst thing about Newbie Dash was both how it turns RD’s entire character arc into a huge joke and actively expects the audience to enjoy it. The worst part though is that they proceeds to do nothing with it. We got no episodes about the WBs doing anything interesting, no episodes about the other Wonderbolts or building any relationships with them. It really comes off like the writers didn’t care at all.
The only episode that feels like it tries to do anything with the new change was Parental Glideance, and that episode was about RD not telling her parents she became a Wonderbolt, and let me tell you after Newbie Dash I wouldn’t want to my parents about it either
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Ring Team
G4 is supposed to have “baffling, stupid, meaningless filler episodes”. If you’re hating on G4 for “being filler”, you don’t get it. If you’re hating on G5 for “breaking the lore (which was riddled with inconsistencies across G4 media and always made up along the way)”, you don’t get it. These pony shows are all about entertainment. They are not intended to be lore-heavy. They have lore, yes, Make Your Mark uses plot-centric storytelling, yes, but they are always meant to put lighthearted fun first. It’s like how a video game generally puts gameplay first rather than story.
Ring Team
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’m not talking about all the episodes in G4. I’m talking abobut School Raze, Newbie Dash, Every Little thing she does or To where and back again. Episodes that didn’t need to happen at all.
Posted Report
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Ring Team
Except none of those episodes you listed aren’t “unnecessary”, those are all crucial to the story and the characters. These are just episodes you dislike. Now if you think these episodes were poorly handled/thought out that’s perfectly fair, but don’t be saying blatantly false statements like this
Posted Report
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Yaop
Is it really “unfairly” hated when the episode does have legitimate problems that are hard to ignore? With that said, I don’t consider the episode terrible, just below average.
@Ring Team
Or maybe they’re just episodes you don’t like? It’s not rocket science
Posted Report
Don't
Thread Starter - One Piece Thread

Get up and Jump
In the case of G5
Honestly, the designs just don’t have the same memorability that early G4 designs had
Posted Report
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Resident Spin Fetishist
Oh, it’s 100% real. Anyone here can probably tell you since I openly talk about it. In actuality, it’s more of a “cartoon physics” fetish than anything else. ;P
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide