Unpopular opinion time

Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
I mean, I doubt we were ever going to get Evil Celestia, or at the very least, see what would happen if she got Nightmare Moon and I don’t think the show needed it. Daybreaker was more or less a “What if?”. And really for as little screentime she had, they sure as hell made use out of it
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Ponephilia
Yeah it would have been nice to see more of her somehow.
I’d like to think it could be a way to show Celestia’s own insecurities. Perhaps growing up to deal with the responsibilities as a princess and if IDW is right, her ego when she started out.
Posted Report
Ponephilia

@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I was just thinking that maybe if she was an entity for the Pony Of Shadows, that he would have played onto each pony’s fears while others would have guided each other to overcome their own. It might would have made that episode a bit better but what’s done is done
Posted Report
Ponephilia

As well as Starlight being the only voice of reason.
Starlight: Don’t you think that something seems off about returning the Pillars?
Twilight: Omg I want to see Starswirl!
Surprised Pikachu face when returning the Pillars also brought back the reason why they willingly banished themselves
Posted Report
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Ponephilia
I felt like I was watching a changeling pretwnd to be Twilight.
Twilight I feel is way to responsible and moral to do something like that because of her fangasm for Starswirl.
If anything I feel like Fluttershy or Starlight would be the ones to do this behind Twilight’s back. Not out of fangirlism but because they would think it would be kind to do so.
Posted Report
Ponephilia

Just like in the movie (:
Speaking of which, did anyone see the initial problem in the movie to be rather weird, with how an entire invasion force was just able to take Equestria by surprise (besides heading to one of the most important Equestrian cities and having to get from the Storm Isles to the center of the kingdom)?
Posted Report
DragonBoi471
Duck - Does Anypony Else even feel like Reading What I Say?
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

*Durgon Noises*
@Ponephilia
I felt like I was watching a changeling pretwnd to be Twilight.
Who knows? Maybe it was a changeling (could explain why the Mane Six couldn’t defeat the Pony of Shadows by themselves).
But wait, if that’s the case, then where’s the real Twilight? X-Files theme
Posted Report
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

The Movie particularly suffered from pacing issues, and from being placed as far forward in the timeline as it was. Fluttershy especially could’ve been captured in Canterlot, and absolutely nothing would’ve changed, for how few lines she had, and in fact it would’ve been cool if she’d managed to befriend multiple guards just from being nice to them, offscreen.
It also didn’t help that Twilight’s spell variety was seriously limited; Cadance was the only one to use a shield spell (or really, the only alicorn to act half-competently in that siege, because she didn’t know it wouldn’t work), and no one teleported when they logically can, to escape.
Shadow Play hardly pretended the problem couldn’t be solved in some way, just the right way to go about it. I think the latter had less logical holes in that regard.
Posted Report
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
80% of the movie was ultimately superfluous. Twilight and gang spend most of it trying to enlist the army of a allied nation to take on Storm King’s army, only to fail but still beat the Storm army anyway. After the Mane 6 fell off the waterfall they legit could’ve just climbed back up to Canterlot and won anyway, shaving a good 40 minutes off the movie.
Posted Report
WaynePonePone
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Fluttershy - For supporting the site
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Gold Supporter - Gold Supporter
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Flutters Hitchy Glimglam
I think Daybreaker was well utilized being literally not real from Starlight’s nightmare. Don’t get why people take Daybreaker so seriously when she’s only from a dream. Do people treat Evil Pie Hater Dash the same way as well?
Posted Report
Elidiotadelaesquina
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Artist -

Stupid idiot
I feel like the same thing happened to the Simpsons movie, they wanted to attract a new audience and it ended up being a strange mix of ideas & all pass quickly.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide