Unpopular opinion time

🐴
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
Twilight opening the school wasn’t the problem. The problems start when she suddenly decided to make the rest of the M6 teachers at the school in spite of them already having their own careers.
Anyway, happy Hearthswarming.
Latecomer

And on the flip side, it wasn’t allowed to be Twilight’s end goal. Celestia has to have been the inheritance already when Twilight approached her advice about the school - if she wasn’t to let her take that path, she could at least have dissuaded her.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I’ll always defend the idea of Twilight being a teacher and even having her own school. The problem was that:
-School Raze and School Daze were incredibly long and boring.
-The idea came too late, as other episodes that came too late in the show.
-All the antagonists in these episodes were unnecessary.
-The mane 6 didn’t have to be as teachers as Twilight (characters like Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie and Poochie should never be teachers ever).
I think this would have been a great opportunity to show Twilight trying to understand different students. Maybe someone doesn’t feel accepted in a school about friendship, maybe one student is exceptional in some areas but sucks at making tests or homework. Maybe two great students don’t get along because of their little differences (I kinda imagine two math students). Maybe Twilight needs to talk to the parents of a problematic kid who have different approaches to solve a problem.
I think the possibilites were endless. I imagine they did very little with this idea because, with the exception of some episodes, it wouldn’t make sense for them to take a huge effort in making a good creative script.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

World's Okayest User
Problem with the school was not only forcing the mane to be teachers but went out of their way to make sure they weren’t even allowed to be good teachers. Like I’m not even against the mane 6 being teachers, but it should have been handled in a way that suits their character(say Rarity teaches an up starting fashionista, or RD teaching a fellow cadet). Instead of being mentor figures giving guidance to the students though they instead took the route of making the mane 6 so inept at their jobs to show how much better the Student Six were at friendship than them. They still kept this going well into S9 with garbage like 246Great. Like it’s not like “The Student teaches the teacher” is a a bad idea, but they pretty much took the wrong direction every single time and instead actively ruined characters people liked in order to show the audience how much they should like the student six instead, which just made most of the audience hate them instead
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Wiimeiser
I remember hearing that it was written for season 4 or 5, but never greenlit until season 9. When the writers had their chance, they knew they’d be taking the CMC out of character after the past several seasons of development, but wanted to do it so badly that they were like “Damn the nerd rage, full speed ahead!”.
Though putting the episode where it logically should have been does raise the question of what they’d do with Scootaloo’s wings. Showing her adult body with normal-size wings would have pissed off the fans who had held her up as a role model for people with disabilities, but the staff clearly wasn’t comfortable with conclusively marking her as disabled at the time (“Flight to the Finish” explicitly left it open as to whether she’d eventually fly. The only solution I can think of would be to keep her wings hidden, like the opening of “Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me” but with wings instead of a wang.
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

2 4 6 Great is not that bad. It could have been much much worse. A worse approach for the episode would have had Rainbow Dash sneaking in Canterlot and destroying all notes for important tasks just to not taking responsibility of the cheerleaders. What we got was harmless.
@PUBLIQclopAccountant
The idea of Twilight being a teacher should have been in season 3 or 4.
Episodes like The Mean 6 should have been in season 3, not in 8.
A flurry of emotions is one of the best few episodes from season 7, but it should have been in season 6 since you have introduced her in that season.
The beginning and ending of the end should have been in season 4, not 9.
The parent map is an episode from season 8 that should have been in season 5 while Starlight was running away. That way we could have known her instead of giving her two episodes with a bad backstory and call it a day.
Student Counsel should have been from season 6, not 9, because by the time it came out, Starlight should have got better instead of being an ass.
And speaking of asses, A horse shoe-in should have been in season 6 and not 9 for the same exact reasons. By the time it came out, Trixie should have got better instead of being an ass.
I think this shows that MLP:FiM isn’t perfect. Maybe the reason why we like it is because it’s all what we have right now, but I think there’s a layer of improvement that the show never reached.
Still, I’m fine with the show the way it is because at least I can be positive on some great episodes.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
2 4 6 Great is not that bad. It could have been much much worse. A worse approach for the episode would have had Rainbow Dash sneaking in Canterlot and destroying all notes for important tasks just to not taking responsibility of the cheerleaders
That actually sounds fun and hilarious I’d watch it.
246Great is the writers going “oh you like Rainbow Dash? Well aren’t you going to look stupid!” It’s just RD being unpleasant for 22minutes(inb4 some jerk says “LOL ISN’T SHE ALWAYS”) because “she needs to learn a lesson” for no other reason than for Twilight to be an asshole. There’s absolutely no reason for this episode to exist and I swear the only reason it does was just so the writers wanted to be jerks, I refuse to believe anyone looked at this and thought it was acceptable
Ring Team
Artist -

@Kiryu-Chan
Like most of her episodes in the second half of the show. I think her only good episode from the last seasons was Parental Glideance.
Besides, compared to episodes such as Tank for Memories and Secrets and Pies, 2 4 6 Great is hard to hate. Rainbow Dash was much more awful in other episodes.
Kiryu-Chan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
@Kiryu-Chan
Like most of her episodes in the second half of the show. I think her only good episode from the last seasons was Parental Glideance.
Besides, compared to episodes such as Tank for Memories and Secrets and Pies,
I actually liked those episodes, they don’t feel like they’re going out of their way to be unpleasant.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

2 4 6 Great is not that bad. It could have been much much worse. A worse approach for the episode would have had Rainbow Dash sneaking in Canterlot and destroying all notes for important tasks just to not taking responsibility of the cheerleaders. What we got was harmless.
I would hardly call her behavior towards the cheer squad “harmless” - she openly disparaged the concept of cheering to students who probably have her as a teacher. Even when her comments make Yona and Ocellus run away crying, she fails to see anything wrong until Smolder spells it out for her. That’s bordering on sociopathy there.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I hate that stupid “Blueblood stares at Trixie in surprise” image series. I don’t know why there wasn’t a tag already made for them, so I made one up just so I could finally hide them all.
Dude same, I hated those images so much and they used to be spammed on the front page so much that I got so tired of them. They all look like Rule #3 violations.
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@Kiryu-Chan
I don’t think that was the direction that they were going for with the Students like at all. I can understand dumbing down the Mane 6 to the point of even having a conflict, but to make it to prop up the Students is just dumb.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
NGL if it was just the pony Blueblood base that kept getting used or at least a decent EQG Blueblood I’d almost be fine with it. But a shitty edit that gets reused just tips it.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
@Dustcan
Not just reused, spammed again and again which like I said, I think should count as a violation of the rules. That plus the fact that Blueblood sucks as a ship was what made me filter it. I don’t know if these edits are still being made though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide