Unpopular opinion time

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I’ve always had the philosophy that any character can be used more than once regardless of what they did on their first introduction whether good or bad because potential can come from anywhere. Blueblood may have had a chance to shine through and get out of his hatedom if they focused on him more but seeing as how the writing reared its ugly head when it came to redemptions, it wouldn’t be too far to assume that they would’ve done the same thing to him but who knows
TheFinite
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Shiny Bug
@Myoozik
Imagine if Blueblood returned instead of Fancy Pants to help run the Royal Swanifying, and it turns out he’s actually a skilled diplomat and delegater.
DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Kiryu-Chan
They did make something out of him An Snips in the buckball episodes with Snails sick skills plus Snips money making ideas.
Here’s one interesting thing I’ve noticed: In both the Rainbow Dash fan club from “The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well” and the Scootaloo fan club from “The Washouts”, Snips and Snails can be seen front and center, with the members decked out in merchandise from the relevant pony. It seems we now have a logical explanation for where it all came from (there’s certainly nothing to indicate that they’d be actual fans of Scootaloo).
Ring Team
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

I think a return of Blueblood would have made sense in 2013, when season 3 was happening. But, like many ideas with huge potential, if he returned in the last seasons, it would have been an idea that came out too late.
Not to mention that he would have been as rotten jealousy MEAN little sneak as other characters that got a pass in the later seasons.
Latecomer

@Ring Team
You seem to have a strong “deadlining” habit. While I’ll agree the show had a few episodes which felt they should have come seasons earlier (Growing Up is Hard to Do as one prime example), you seem to throw the accusation around a lot, and in my eyes kind of arbitrarily.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
Iirc, they never brought back the Breezies because they were a pain to animate, Jim Miller himself was not only pretty vocal about it but he didn’t hold back either
Which is a shame because I really liked Seabreeze, and he was the only redeeming part of that episode
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
@DoctorWTF
I’ve always wondered there what was up with Fancy Pants in that episode. Was it just him doing his job cause he acted so weirdly passive aggressive in that episode despite him knowing them personally, especially Rarity.
Background Pony #8474
generation 5 stinks and i refuse to watch it due to how it ruined all of what twilight, her friends and even the founders of equestria had accomplished just for some new pony to take over, and i hate people who say “oh is just bound to happen” or something like that but peace among all pony races had persisted for 1000 years or more so why would it be ruined at all especially with my idea that if you teach the future generations about why they live so good and what took to get this good life, then they will learn to keep it that way, so i rather ignore gen 5 it’s a dumb idea anyway and it should of being it’s own gen, but no matter what it will never see it as connected to anything before because the ponies look different and what it did to twilight, her friends and Equestria’s founders’ work is horrible
the older gens were a whole lot better, yes they are not perfect, the songs are a bit wonky and at times the ponies look weird but at least there are no weird things that can cause controversy (in my eyes) and are simply good shows that do focus on little girls but still can have some action.
and yes My little pony tales can be similar to gen 5 but the difference is that it did not seem to ruin anything pre-established and i can say it’s a different ponyland than the original gen 1 series and can be enjoyed on its own, i like that slice of life type of show and is nice and simple, i would even use it as inspiration for how my own characters would live by the time it hits the time period of twilight and her friends.
i like mlp gen 1-4 only, yes i also saw videos of people making fun of gen 3 but after seeing it for myself, i like mlp gen 3 is cute, nice and simple as well and is pretty too, gen 2 (though never having a show, which is a bummer) looks nice too and pretty and there seems to be nothing too crazy going on.
i like gen 4 but i don’t like that there are things that cause controversy in there (which i won’t say what) but in the early days it was really good too and the best part was the brony fandom at the time, the fan animations were great and almost show quality, i wish bronies can go back to that witch out the worry of the cease and desist (that fiasco was stupid), now i don’t know what is going on now but i will not be sticking to gen 5 AT ALL gen 5 is your problem now and now i just want to stick to gen 4 and the past gens
good luck with your new dumb show what ruined everything you “loved”, I’ll be sticking to the good old stuff, gen 4 and videos about gen 4, completely original pony contact and old fandom fan videos
Ring Team
Artist -

@Latecomer
Yeah, but G4 purists are talking about G5 in a way that they expect the same results in a couple of months as the G4 in nine years, which is unrealistic.
It’s like saying your 2 months son is worse than your 9 years son because you expect him to be exactly like him even though he’s too young.
I think we’re gonna get so much G5 content in the future, or at least enough content for one decade (kinda like other generations), but to me the key is to see if they’re gonna have a minimal sense of continuity and consistency in movies, shorts and episodes. That’s the first change compared to G4 I’d like to see.
Another good change to me that was present in the film was the fact that the magic of unicorns and the ability of pegasus to fly depended on magical rocks. Many people didn’t like that, but I think it’s a neat change because, if they’re gonna take the magic out of the question, that means the writers are gonna depend more on the determination of the characters. Not to mention that this idea prevents some OP unicorn characters we could see in the future. I wouldn’t be surprised if the people who constantly complained about this idea is the same people who wouldn’t admit they love power fantasy at whatever cost. Kinda like Dragon Ball.
The G5 film changes a couple of things compared to G4, and that’s a sign to me that they wanted to give its own spin. The film shows more self-awareness than the G4 has ever shown (all the tools designed to avoid and prevent unicorns, which is a neat idea), and I think this type of idea indicates that the writers are more inclined to throw new ideas to make the G5 world more believable, which is great.
Besides, the 5 main characters are great, especially Sunny. Not only she’s adorable, but she’s the perfect protagonist for this premise.
Latecomer

@Ring Team
Yeah - though giving us content so slowly is a questionable choice.
I also think your own ideas are a bit off. For one thing, while I’m not sure if the crystals have fully played their part, I’m fairly sure the unicorns and pegasi have their magic 100% back. It may take some time for the unicorns to learn spells again, but as with G4, it will happen as quickly and as often as the plot requires.
As for wanting to give the franchise it’s own spin - well, I’ve said this a lot, but I wish they’d just done that. But I guess G4 was just too big and successful to ignore…
Ring Team
Artist -

@Latecomer
Yeah, I suppose. About the unicorns and pegasus, that can be a possibility.
Could the New Generation film have been better? Of course. Everything could have been better. I didn’t like the songs, for example, I wish they sounded more orchestral like the 2017 MLP movie instead of this pop song. I like the lyrics though.
What I was trying to say is that it’s unfair to use the G4 and G5 comparisons just to demonize G5 (I’m not saying you just did, I was talking about the G4 purists) when they had very little time in comparison to the huge content G4 received for 9 years. I think the G5 should be valued by its own merits, not because “it’s similar to G4”.
Besides, not everything about MLP:FiM is necessarily great because of the name. More MLP:FIM does not always mean “good MLP:FiM”.
Latecomer

@Ring Team
Oh, I wholly agree there.
However, when I judge the movie against just the Nightmare Moon episodes - a comparison arguably weighted in it’s favour - it doesn’t exactly win.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I feel like G5 introduced its characters better but G4 introduced its setting better.
G5 made it easier to get attached to the cast and their motivations. G4 made it feel like there was a world far bigger and our viewpoint characters.
Latecomer

@Dustcan
Huh - people keep saying this, and yet I still wonder who half the G5 set really are. The Manes all come across well enough via their intros and trials… and if you add in Ticket Master…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide