Unpopular opinion time

DoctorWTF
Non-Fungible Trixie -

By all indications it appears Sunny will keep the stripes in her hair but still remain an earth pony.
For the first few seasons, at least. I agree that changing her like that before the series proper even begins is probably not the way to go, but I am kind of intrigued by the idea of an earth pony getting the alicorn upgrade - it would put a nice dent in the whole “unicorn master race” jibber-jabber.
In A Horse Shoe-in, Trixie doesn’t learn anything. She wants something, there are obstacles, she gets what she wants. The end. Despite her causing all this trouble, she still gets exactly what she wants. She whines and complains, and in the end, she’s rewarded for it. There’s no sense of effort from Trixie’s part.
I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s how she got her final position in The Last Problem.
Eh, not quite. Trixie accepts that she wasn’t the proper fit for the vice-headpony position she applied to, helps Starlight find a better candidate (Sunburst), and then is offered a different position (counselor) for which she actually had displayed the necessary skill. Though one could argue that after Trixie’s ill-fated attempt at a field trip, she has no business being trusted with children.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

Music Connoisseur
@CORDZ2000
That would imply that Starlight would easily be swayed by Trixie’s antics and behavior which for the most part, wasn’t. Also, if she did get influenced by Trixie in a bad way, then that would’ve just proven Twilight correct in No Second Prances.
Ring Team
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@CORDZ2000
I think it depends on the episode. Even though the Starlight/Trixie writers have always done whatever they felt like, they only used one narrative approach: One character is being chaotic and the other one is the voice of reason, and depending on the episode, Starlight would be the voice of reason (like All botteld up and A horse shoe-in) or Trixie (Road to friendship and Student Counselor).
@CORDZ2000
That’s more reason than enough not to make Trixie returning in season 6, because her narcissist personality doesn’t fit in her “redemption arc”. I remember seeing comments about A horse shoe-in that say “she has come a long way”, as if she finally learned her lesson, which she doesn’t.
I think Starlight and Trixie’s redemption was possible. The problem is that they wanted to focus on their narcissist and manipulative character features in a way that they ignore their redemptions.
Besides, it’s not like the MLP writers were strangers to change the fundamental aspects of the show in massive ways anyway.
Blissful690
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Violet Frost Fan
@Myoozik
“I’m the D to the I-S-C-O-R-D
And there ain’t nopony who trolls it down like me
I’m Discordlicious”
(Yes, I tried my best to make the lyrics slightly different)
PUBLIQclopAccountant
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

IRL 🎠 stallion
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
I had an aunt and uncle with a similar dynamic. Some people say my sister has the same power over me.
Out-of-universe, it’s because AJ is a protagonist and Big Mac is not, so AJ is destined by the writers to be the one to make decisions. In-universe, it’s because mares are the only ponies suitable for general leadership roles.
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@PUBLIQclopAccountant
out-universe its because its a show ultimately for little girls so therefore the female characters are gonna have center view, while an any other show big mac would probably be a protagonist or something.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@CORDZ2000
This makes me wish Big Mac were the little brother. It seems like would be a more natural relationship. I remember Honest Apple and honestly I always that episode would have worked better if AJ were the loud mouthed big sister and Big Mac was the resentful younger sibling.
It would make AJ have more episodes about her being a leader of the family.
Not to say every sibling relationship is like the one I described but it seems more fitting at least to me.
After all if this is a female centric show then they might as well put that concept to good use.
Background Pony #D399
Izzy is better than Pinkie.
Kimiko Glenn is a better singer than Shannon Chan-Kent.
Spinny
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
Nah, if you recall, in Honest Apple, Big Mac more or less decided to let AJ make decisions from then on, or at the very least hear her out more. (“I just need to talk less, listen more. Especially to you.”)
Fortunately, AJ knows her shit more often than not.
Cosmas-the-Explorer
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
I think the School of Friendship is a natural progression of Twilight in the Season 4 finale wanting to spread the Magic of Friendship to all. Even to non ponies. And of course to ponies.
I never had a problem with the school in fact. I think it adds a final goal for Twilight. And yes, you can’t learn everything at a school but they can always give you good advice on how to govern or love or other things.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I hate that stupid “Blueblood stares at Trixie in surprise” image series. I don’t know why there wasn’t a tag already made for them, so I made one up just so I could finally hide them all.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide