Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

My guess for the bell was that it would be the one causing all the, yknow, bewitching of ponies, making them act against one another.

The whole power transfer thing was… shoddy to say the least. Grogar’s own powers within just happened to be generic enough to adapt and supercharge the three of them? Really? Discord’s mastery of chaos magic is so complete that it lets him copy spells Grogar would use, including possibly resurrection?

There’s been plenty of speculations, but this? This really feels like they’ve tried to go for a cheap twist instead of something coherent.
RaineV1

Am I the only one annoyed that Tirek was saying no one could control Discord’s chaos magic despite the fact that Tirek himself has done just that in the past?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
@RaineV1  
It’s not the power he can’t handle, it’s the flavor of magic it is.

Also, why are we spoiling everything.

@Anonycat  
Well, we all know utopias are a farce.

I can only imagine what skeletons the Inclusive Future is hiding.
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@RaineV1

||Tirek made a portal to Tartarus before taking Discord’s magic, so I’m not at all sure that summoning Twilight’s friends in bubbles counted as properly utilizing chaos magic.

Or to put it another way, Tirek’s drain inflates the tires on his car, makes the engine stronger, Grogar’s bell expands a house, adding on different features.

In other words, you don’t inherently gain the ability to go through dreams with Luna’s magic absorbed if you just ate it as Tirek, but you just might if you had Grogar’s bell bestow it upon you.

That’s how I think of it, anyway. ||
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
We’re assuming he’s using the power of resurrection.

All Grogar said was that he summoned Sombra from “The Darkness”. That’s not necesarily resurrection.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Did Spike’s growth get stunted?

Well, Abyssinians are real, and Diamond Dogs haven’t been killed for their pelts.

Nice gains, Gallus.

Luster Dawn already sounds a touch like an MLP villain. Who’s got a point.

Married LyraBon.

Keeping on with the “ruling with your friends” thing.

They’ve got a lot to worry about, Twilight.

The inside is getting out, AJ.

Misery loves company.

Cry-fest cut short.

Ouch!

Oh, boy. Shouldn’t pull every pony from their tasks.

Fuck’s sake, Twilight! Why do you insist on saying that?!

The dragon from S1! Tempest! Pillars! Discord.

Dress looks too long.

Crown merge.

Good save, Twilight. But at the same time, that ain’t Big Mac’s fault entirely, AJ.

Pinkie is a MILF.  
Rarity aged kinda gracefully.  
Ok, this looks more relaxed than what the rest of the show has depicted when AJ & RD were disputing, but I’m still not convinced that these two aren’t regularly bed-warming.  
Discord & Fluttershy are totally married/life partners.

Animated photo album! Wonderful gift.

Council of Friendship. I’m gonna take their word about it being how the 7 rule together, but because it’s not the interpretation everyone expected the phrase to mean- RD’s assumption in the S9 premier that they’d all officially be princesses, I figure there will be a lot of flak.

Final song.

Still together after so long.

Older Cakes!

CheesePie.

Headmare Starlight & Sunburst the Bearded. I’m still hoping that they’re Luster’s parents.

Older Young 6.

Yonabar!

Angel’s litter.

“How I used to wonder what friendship could be.”

Sunset Shimmer in the imagine spot.

The Future 5.

Friendship is Growing Magic. Close the book.

9x14 (The Last Laugh): 75  
9x15 (2, 4, 6, Greaaat): 67  
9x16 (A Trivial Pursuit): 72  
9x17 (Summer Sun Setback): 76  
9x18 (She Talks to Angel): 72  
9x19 (Dragon Dropped): 70  
9x20 (A Horse Shoe-in): 76  
9x21 (Daring Doubt): 70  
9x22 (Growing Up is Hard to Do): 70  
9x23 (The Big Mac Question): 75  
9x(24, 25) (The Ending of the End): 73 (72, 74)  
9x26 (The Last Problem): 75
Latecomer

@Vivace  
The details may not please everyone, but the original spirit of the show is still there. (Even if it’s nearly as silly about distance as the first ep of the leak was about age.)
Background Pony #EEA5
I actually do have a problem with how the two parter went down. It just flies in the face of everything the show stood for. :|
Background Pony #EEA5
@Wiimeiser  
It may have “subverted expectations” but that’s not necessary a good thing. I’m fact I think that’s actually starting to become a bit old hat.
Background Pony #EEA5
@RaineV1  
Sombra is hardly a character. Being thrown away or put in prison is a cliff hanger. Yes the storm king died but it was basically his own fault. When it comes to most characters, they always aimed at redemption in the past.
Background Pony #6BCB
Redemption is only redemption if some part of the villain actually wants it. They hinted with it maybe, just maybe happening with Tirek and Cozy Glow but subverted it at the end. Even in Equestria Girls, the Sirens were merely defeated and depowered and were never redeemed because they didn’t want to be. It all comes down to choice.
gingerninja666

Kaze ni Nare
@PonyPon

Well, I was mainly responding to those who suggested that Discord was being an asshole if he had the power to ressurect people all along and never used that to help out the Apple Family or whatnot.

If “The Darkness” is some kind of realm, then we know that Discord can manage summoning portals to those. He almost threw Treehugger into one seasons ago.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide