Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

I’m watching The Big Mac Question in English, and Big Mac had a great way of saying “Discord” in a frustrated manner, how he basically growled it.
Background Pony #2479
I managed to watch Growing Up Is Hard To Do in English. I love how the adult CMC sound!
Background Pony #533F
How were episodes 22-26?

Are the 2 parter and finale better now that we’ve seen them in a language we can understand?
Background Pony #2479
@Applelight Limited  
Same voice actresses as their foal selves. At the start they sounded like slightly lower versions of their foal selves, but in the following scenes they sounded more like grown ups.

@Hakirayleigh  
Yep, her voice was my favourite of all three. I don’t think any version besides Latin American Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese will sound as good as Claire did in the original version.
Background Pony #533F
>All of the ponies saying the CMC are too young to go to Appleoosa by themselves  
>Despite the fact that Apple Bloom once made a delivery to a swamp by herself, and all 3 of them went off to find Troubleshoes
Background Pony #533F
>CMC keep whining and pouting like little kids

Shouldn’t they be past this by now?
AC97
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Y’know, regarding the finale two-parter, Discord/John de Lancie has a good Tirek impression. Also, Tirek probably still is a genocidal maniac, judging from how he said he wanted to destroy Equestria, and how they all laughed about it, if you’re taking Discord’s word for it, which I am.
NeoEnvy

I need a personal title.
Fuck this really i only see you all go ape shit about this,so what if the series come to a end the world won’t fucking end because of it even if the show ends why not find a damn site and re watch the whole series again and god damn it enjoy it again like in the past or just enjoy the damn fandom for crying out loud so let it go let the series end dont care what really happends I’m happy i could watch this series even if it goes sayonara adios or auf wiedersehen I’ll just go re watch the first season to eight again and laugh my ass off and enjoy this fandom further!
Background Pony #533F
Big Mac Question just makes me wonder why Spike and Big Mac put up with Discord.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

||
“No, you need to stay here and protect Flurry Heart. If we don’t… if things don’t work out… she’s Equestria’s last hope.”

That would’ve been a lot of pressure for her to grow up with. The last of two good alicorns with power, along with a powerful unicorn, with the faint hope of defeating those monsters one day.||
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Watched the past episodes in English, and I liked them.

I don’t feel any sympathy for the villains, at all. Destroying crops to fuel distrust, all the things they’ve done, Chrysalis hoping she could potentially be seen as a savior because she saved the ponies from a problem she caused, and I don’t quite doubt that she was planning to have at the very least Starlight, and possibly the Royal Sisters, among others as torture dolls when it was all said and done. An “eternity to have revenge,” after all.

I think it’s arguably worse that they just decided to seriously damage Canterlot Castle for the hell of it.

I wouldn’t blame anypony if they decided on their own accord to take a sledgehammer to their statue in the future, snap off Chrysalis’ petrified horn, something like that.
Background Pony #1CCC
Question about The Ending of the End. Does nopony in Equestria spread the news about Cozy Glow being a criminal? She said, “I did my part freaking out the pegasi.” You’d think almost everyone would know Cozy by now, but apparently not. And don’t give me the “She’s just a kid” excuse.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #740A

That being too problematic is assuming that one: the vast majority of Equestria would commit the appearance of some captured criminal to memory, two, that they accompanied the story regarding what she did with a non-monochrome picture of her in the newspaper, which is hardly guaranteed, and three, that they sensationalized every last bit of her backstory, instead of it making national headlines maybe once or twice, in contrast to what the United States’ media might do.

Remember, news doesn’t seem to be stellar at spreading throughout Equestria, changing the status quo, otherwise Twilight would’ve probably been treated differently on numerous occasions soon after becoming an alicorn.

Edited to add:

full

Another factor might be that it’s been a notable amount of time since Cozy Glow’s first defeat. Assuming you can take even a quarter of those tally marks as being days between the S8 finale and the S9 premiere, that’s still a lot of time for something to fade from being off the top of your head, for the average Equestrian, like a pony criminal’s appearance, and even more time passage happened between that premiere and The Summer Sun Setback.

She might’ve say, simply changed her hairstyle temporarily, and nobody would recognize her.
Background Pony #EEA5
I feel like I can’t watch the finale until I know what’s next for pony. I feel like I need the knowledge of what’s coming next to work as a coping mechanism for what is definitely going to be a very emotional moment.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

I’m not the only one that has this thought regarding Episode 26, right?

Pinkie Pie canonically being a mother is adorable.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide