Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

Season 9 Discussion Thread [Warning: SPOILERS!!!!!]

Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Applelight Limited  
You’re contradicting yourself. You said it always advocates for one thing, then slipped in “most” later on, as if realizing that “always” doesn’t have exceptions. Seems it needs to be said here: salvation is for the willing. Also, imprisonment is not always a cliffhanger.
Latecomer

@Vivace

@Applelight Limited  
Mind you, Discord wasn’t willing until after they started on him.

I would have liked to see at least one of the villains reformed in the background of 26, perhaps looking sadly at the statue of the other two. Probably would have been even more divisive, though…
Background Pony #1716
@Latecomer  
Like probably Cozy being the only one reformed. But then maybe there’d be a third statue of Scorpan, making up for lost time with his brother, like maybe he couldn’t reform him, but he could try to at least forgive himself for abandoning him.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
  1. Between Dark and Dawn

2. Student Counsel

3. Frenemies

4. The Summer Sun Setback

5. Sparkle’s Seven

6. That’s A Laugh

7. 2,4,6, Greaaat

8. The Point of No Return

9. A Trivial Problem

10. The Last Crusade

11. Common Ground

12. She talks to Angel

13. Dragon Dropped

14. Sweet and Smoky

15. She’s All Yak

16. The Beginning of the End

17. Going to Seed

18. Uprooted
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Latecomer  
If there’s anything I’ve learned while figuring out rules of Equestria & friendship magic, it’s that Discord is almost certainly the universal exception.
Applepie2010

Nostalgia Nerd
My 10 s9 favorites

1. The Last Crusade  
  2. She’s All Yak  
  3. Student Counsel  
  4. Between Dark and Dawn  
  5. Uprooted  
  6. Sparkle’s Seven  
  7. A Trivial Problem  
  8. Common Ground  
  9. Frenemies  
  10. Sweet and Smoky
Background Pony #E315
So since this is in spoilers, was anyone annoyed that Cozy didn’t get any backstory on why was she evil or do you think it wasn’t needed?
IceKitsune
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Pre-G4 Art Archivist
@Background Pony #CAE3  
That is one of my complaints about this season honestly. Cozy just has absolutely no backstory at all, I don’t think she really needed it badly but it would have been nice. As for why she was evil I think she was meant to be your garden variety Sociopath honestly. I think writing wise she was clearly there to show that some ponies can be just as bad as the villains that the Mane Six face without them being possessed or whatever Sombra was because he was clearly not a normal unicorn.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
The Beginning Of The End:8.7  
Uprooted:9.1  
Twilight’s Seven:9.2  
The Point of No Return:9.4  
Common Ground:9.2  
She’s All Yak:9.0  
Frenemies: 9.3  
Sweet and Smoky:8.2  
Going to Seed:7.0  
Student Counsel:9.4  
The Last Crusade:9.3  
Between Dark and Dawn:9.0  
The Last Laugh:9.5  
2, 4, 6, Greaaat:8.8  
A Trivial Pursuit: 7.5  
The Summer Sun Setback: ∅  
She Talks To Angel: 9.0  
Dragon Dropped: 9.3

Protect that smile

Still gonna ship it

>>2120899t (merged)  

>>2096584t (merged)  

Latecomer

@IceKitsune  
He wasn’t now, but who knows how he started out? Cozy was pretty abnormal there for a while too.

And no, I don’t think she needed a backstory, especially not a justifying one like Starlight’s.
Background Pony #2B7B
Discord and Grogar should have been separate beings, and Cozy Glow having no direct backstory is a crying shame.
AC97
Non-Fungible Trixie -

@Background Pony #CAE3

Did Discord, Sombra, or Chrysalis get a real backstory explaining why they were or are evil, as far as the show goes (beyond “I just do what I want, never had friends” for Discord)? Did the Dazzlings? Were most people wondering why Grogar was evil? How about Tirek?

The answer to all of these is probably: they didn’t have a “tragic backstory.”

People just care more this time because it’s a child, and they thought she’d possibly go the way of Diamond Tiara (which of course, people did complain on that one).

Dissatisfaction of some variety was inevitable, albeit it would’ve been from a different group of people if it went down the “tragic backstory” route.

*note, I’m not counting comics here, except for maybe Tirek, since Discord directly referenced “King Vorak”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide