Season 6 Episode Discussion [Speculation/Theories/Beware of Spoilers]

Yoga is boring

@ColdhardSilver  
@PonyPon  
Maybe they don’t grow in all at once. Maybe he discovers some small wings the next time he sheds his scales. At the outset, Spike’s wings are small, stubby and useless. However, with time and effort, they gradually get stronger until they are finally (by either the end of the season or the movie) sstrong enough for him to fly. Plus, this would make good ScootaSpike episode material.
MadVillain
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Horses in the 🅱ack
@ColdhardSilver

@Background Pony #25C7

@PonyPon

I doubt it, Gauntlet of Fire kinda disproved that with they way they treated him, as just a baby who didn’t even have wings yet. It also wouldn’t make sense that a competition meant for every dragon would have sections where flying is mandatory, or at least greatly advantageous if every dragon didn’t have wings.

@PonyPon  
With this series nothing is off the table. If Twilight can grow wings than why not Spike? Dragons going under drastic instant changes isn’t unheeard of. He even grew ears when he got bigger.

@Yoga is boring  
Scootaloo is such an odd character, at first I thought the can’t fly thing was a running joke at her expense in order to create a personality fast, but it’s been so long and every media has followed that standard so strictly I think there might actually be something wrong with her.
MadVillain
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Horses in the 🅱ack
@PonyPon  
I expect that from the show, but even the comics which get away with things the show couldn’t hasn’t given a reason.

Either she has her own arc planned for much later(which gets more and more unlikely as MLP goes on) or there’s some dark reason behind it.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Pepsi Twist  
I think they dropped it after the delayed S1 episode and left it at that. We haven’t even seen her fold her wings since then. I’m thinking of making Wipeout’s left wing paralyzed…
MadVillain
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Horses in the 🅱ack
@Pepsi Twist

@Zebasiz

Yeah I thought it was clear she can’t fly. But at this point I’m more interested in why.

@Wiimeiser

It’s odd because there was a scene in one of the comics a little while back where she tries to fly and fails, Sweetie bell tries to use magic but also fails. But now Sweetie can easily use magic and it happened pretty much in the background.

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
@MadVillan  
The one where they’re lost in the mountains? That’s literally the only official reference since then. It looks like they’re obeying Faust’s wishes. Except Flurry Heart. If Lauren was dead she’d be spinning in her grave so fast she would’ve destroyed the LHC.

We haven’t seen Sweetie Belle use anything except telekinesis, so there’s that…

Also, apparently Australia got a S5 DVD box set, but it’s been recalled for some reason. I assume Cocogate. Can anyone confirm if the episodes are being edited? Because it looks like they are in spite of what Jim said.
Tragiclady
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

@Wiimeiser  
Is it possible for someone in America to mail you the Season 5 (and later on Season 6) dvd set? I mean, its kind of obvious that I never mailed anything outside of the United States, but its an idea.

How do you usually catch new episodes when they air? You can find/watch then online right? :o
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
@Tragiclady  
I just watch the new episodes on Youtube/Dailymotion.

Also, why didn’t Hasbro try and fight back against Chanel? Did they actually try, but had their case rejected and are now blacklisted?

EDIT: Coco will be written out of the N-Team by a noodle incident. Probably related to foals.

EDIT2: Mailing the DVDs won’t work because of region lock. I’m not sure Australia’s in the same region…
Magma_ERuptiOn
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

I read this shit?
equestriadaily.com/2016/07/the-fault-in-our-cutie-marks-removed.html?m=1

Unsurprisingly, FIOCM has been removed from the forthcoming dvd.

Incidentally, FIOCM will air as E18 (after D&D) according to that list yesterday.
Tragiclady
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

@Anonycat  
I tried really hard to forget that happened :(

All the other magic and fantasy stuff I could deal with, but talking fruits and veggies is apparently where I draw the line.
Background Pony #3645
@Anonycat

@Tragiclady  
I think the implication of that event was that it was the weird magical hat that sweetie belle was wearing that was causing her to do that, like a strange fruit based Alicorn amulet.

Granted, I will admit, I find that part of the comic to be just bobobo bobobobo level random, so I too like to pretend it didn’t happen, because it honestly just brings the ENTIRE comic plot to a halt.

Like, I think they were trying to show that the mayor WAS capable of handling random ass magical events without twilight’s help, but it just came out of nowhere, was just her saying “I got this” and then jump cutting to everything being okay with an explanation of HOW they fixed things, and broke suspension of disbelief.

The comic is one of my favorites, but I really do think it would have been better with those 2 pages deleted.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
So… can someone please confirm whether the first half of season 6 is coming to Netflix this Saturday? I heard it was coming to Netflix on the same day the season was starting back up…
Kappe
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Dunno if it’s an unpopular opinion or not, but I really hope the changeling in E16 is a guy (really, how hard would it be to give it eyelashes if it’s a girl?) and if they get into changelings in general, they’re just males and females as you’d expect. I get that they’re part-insect and X insects are all female with guys only as mates for the queen or what-not, but honestly I always thought people put far too much emphasis on the insect part and completely forget they’re part-pony, and much more pony at that.

Really hope they’re not genderless and “choose a gender” either. If that’s a thing that needs to be fought in MLP, so be it, but please not with the changelings. They have so much more potential than being a battlefield for “muh genders” :<
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide