MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

CoffeeHorse
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

G5 is basically G-rated Fallout Equestria already. Movie Sunny is totally a vault dweller.
It would have been even more on the nose if they stuck with the earlier script where Maretime Bay had a great wall. Sunny climbing over the wall and seeing the outside world for the first time would have been a total ‘stepping out of the vault’ moment.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Dragonpone
Yeah, it’s kind of a weird way of phrasing it. “Benefits” is the wrong word, and I’ve got it backwards.
Watching Seasons 3 and 4 did something to me, and now I’m really averse to the idea of churning out 22-minute episodes for the sake of having a “main show”. Especially when so many S3 and S4 episodes would have been better as five-minute shorts.
I liked TYT. It was nice to have a weekly short to “check in” on the characters, while MYM and IDW could focus on telling bigger serialized stories.
Posted Report
CoffeeHorse
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Artist -

That’s all it was meant to be. I don’t believe it was ever supposed to have all those specials we ended up not getting. That was just Plan B after MYM didn’t get renewed. Those stories had to go somewhere. It was a stopgap while they figured out what the new main show was going to be. Then for some reason they switched to Plan C, which was giving up entirely.
Posted Report
CoffeeHorse
Artist -

G6 will have the advantage of not involving any deals made before Cocks took the job. No Discovery Family. No Netflix. Hasbro can do whatever they want now. They have total control back.
Posted Report
Wiimeiser
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
How do we know that G6 won’t be sabotaged as well? Chris Cocks is doing a piss-poor job.
He’s doing such a piss poor job that if it’s not intentional sabotage, the “Inevitability Effect” will need to be mandatory teaching in elementary schools.
Posted Report
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@IgnoreMePlz
Yeah, as much as I despise dooming, I really don’t get the hype for G6 or a G4 reboot. The hype for the former’s less bemusing to me with G4 having a good run and not needing a reboot (guys…nine seasons of it getting to tell the story it wanted to tell…come on…) and G6 at least being something new in a market that’s oversaturated with reboots, but still, we have every reason to be concerned for any future MLP shows right now.
The way TYT was treated despite its high popularity with its target audience was a new low (70+ episodes shelved…I will NEVER get over that), any MLP animation Hasbro produces in the near future is guaranteed to be made on a tight budget, and the market is still extremely uncertain. Also, with how much time it takes to prepare a new generation, continuing with G5 would definitely be better.
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide