MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #23F1
An example is the many ferries in my home country. We were proud of them, it was not for nothing that my country was called “the homeland of ferries”, in 1950-2000 we had built several hundred different ferry vessels and even exported plans and components to other countries. We had many yards. Many shipyard workers who were proud of their efforts. But then the ferry companies started demanding cheaper ferries. And the shipyards began to outsource their know-how to other countries where newly started shipyards are opening. Many died during shipbuilding, we didn’t know that. Large areas are polluted, we didn’t know that. Then they started to take over the ferry market, now it is almost impossible to find a newer ferry built in my home country. All that was left was the interior, equipment, license - and know-how. In recent years, this is disappearing, while these in other countries began to win contracts after contracts all over the world. The ferry in my homeland becomes a hollow shell.
The same happened to tram and train production as to bodywork production. All this to give the customer greater purchasing power, because it would be easier to buy if the product were to cost less. Unfortunately, they refused to realize that it is like emptying a bathtub little by little - until there is no more water, without being able to refill. Licenses can be broken and stolen, even sold for a high price - with nothing but money in return - which does not last forever. It is easier to get into debt and financial trouble by having too little to rely on.
And; What will Hasbro do if there is political trouble that could lead to a shutdown of products - like toys from countries like China? In Japan, they had outsourced ALL toy production a long time ago, but have started to bring it back, because they realize that conflicts in the future have become a strong possibility. Better to have something on hand than nothing, and that’s the point.
But enough about that; I don’t like what is happening around Hasbro, toys from this country had been very popular when I was a child, and then these were mostly from the US or license factories in Europe. Now it is said that all this will not be within our reach for long. A great many European companies emptied themselves in the end and ended up with nothing but beautiful promises - which no one was enticed by.
Background Pony #23F1
@Background Pony #23F1
I doubt Hasbro will disappear. Mattel does the same thing too.
Mattel has a more responsible and long-term management which had learned from its many mistakes in the past, and which has the right methods of progress in dealing with its customers - not least by not focusing on profit, but on continuity. That’s how things could have gone so well for them. Mattel had also studied Disney closely on how to take care of its rights and licenses, and is much more careful than Hasbro, which has gotten into trouble several times and leaked rights for a long time.
Mattel stayed on the ground, it turned out to be a wise choice which means that the fruits grow large and ripe before harvest. As with the Barbie movie that caused great astonishment around the world. Perhaps because Mattel is multinational with strong participation from all parties involved.
And Mattel wins from Hasbro’s trouble. One man’s death is another man’s bread.
Background Pony #23F1
@Background Pony #23F1
Well, Hasbro is not a European Company (though I do feel sympathy from you), they’re an American Company. No offense.
That doesn’t make it any better; signs of trouble from the Europe of the past are about to show themselves in the US - it can happen faster than one might imagine.
Hasbro can sell nothing but promises, and must then gain trust - and that means that those who accept must be able to have faith in what they want to bet on.
Trust. That’s what Hasbro currently needs most to survive.
Background Pony #49E2
@Background Pony #23F1
Understandable, but still.
>That doesn’t make it any better; signs of trouble from the Europe of the past are about to show themselves in the US - it can happen faster than one might imagine.
We went through this in 2008. And we recovered.
Jonny Manz
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

I am who I am
@CloudMistDragon
I should rewatch it - I realize when I first watched it, the worry about how certain sectors of the fandom would receive it might have tempered my enjoyment somewhat, but now I really realize I don’t give a shit. (As you might imagine, it was truly a joyful experience to watch Chapter 4, not only because of how good it was but also because by that point I was starting to not care)
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
@Dragonpone
I think it might have to do with the relative complexities of the character designs - since G4’s are more simplistic, his cartoony, exaggerated style works very well (he was my favorite comic artist for G4), but it fails to capture the more minute details in G5’s designs.
You might be right with that, the comic’s background ponies and original designs look fine (albeit not really like G5 ponies).
To give credit where it’s due, I think his Zipp and Pipp look cute when they aren’t pulling the faces.
I’d say another pitfall is that he occasionally draws them as if drawing their “G4 counterparts”; A lot of Izzy’s posing would fit better with Pinkie Pie, and he draws Misty like he’s drawing Fluttershy.
FWIW, Amy Mebberson is my favorite comic artist for G5.
On the G5 comics, my favorite is probably Abby Bulmer, though I have a soft spot for Shauna Grant.
@🧡☮Starrscout☮🧡
2 years, huh? I outta get around to aliasing those spoiler tags.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Yeah, with G5 coming to an end I guess now’s the time to get back into the comics. I dropped off sometime right after the Discord arc.
Gonna have to see if I still have my comics so I know where I left off.
Wiimeiser
Nightmare in the Moon - Had their OC in the 2024 Derpibooru Collab.
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
G5 is by far the shortest generation:
G1: 1982-1992
G2: 1992-2002(?)
G3: 2002-2010
G4: 2010-2020
G5: 2021-2024
Nothing is confirmed for the comics beyond the series that just came out, except maybe a third Literary Classics. 2025 will be entirely recycled G1 content AFAICT, and nothing has even been leaked for MLP’s future except for that “Camp Cutie Mark” thing. MLP has a bad future ahead of it.
If I may tinfoil hat for just a second, I wonder if Chris Cocks is intentionally sabotaging the franchise for one reason or another?
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
G5 is by far the shortest generation:
G1: 1982-1992
G2: 1992-2002(?)
G3: 2002-2010
G4: 2010-2020
G5: 2021-2024
Incorrect. G2 went on from 1997 to 1999 (even as some toys were still sold overseas after its discontinuation), G3 went on from 2003 to 2009, G4 went on from 2010 to 2021, and the end of G5’s lifespan is still to be determined. G1’s lifespan is right, however, something that needs to be pointed out is that the first TV series for G1 literally only lasted one year and the other TV series it got wasn’t until about five years later, a series that didn’t even last half a year. Tell Your Tale will have lasted for two and a half years when it ends next month.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
@Background Pony #13BA
Well they just proved that guy’s point about G5 toxicity. I don’t really care for that sort of thing.
@Dragonpone
Why? Because it’s not TYT or it’s the same as he always did? There are people who didn’t like Kenbucky roller Derby or SYS as it reminded them of a show they didn’t like.
@Background Pony #23F1
I don’t believe Hasbro would give up being a toy company which is their very identity. I need the Remember-Me-Stick.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide