MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@TheQuietMan
I’ll also say that while I’m not a Posey sympathizer, as I’ve said in the past, I like that Posey’s a jerk. She’s not intended to be a sympathetic character, that’s what makes her suffering fun. Unlike Squidward, who she often gets compared to, she doesn’t have to deal with Spongebob and Patrick, whose stupid and destructive antics can go to the point of being LITERALLY impossible to believe. The new Mane 6 are genuinely good souls who are always clearly meaning no harm to her.
river mines

@CloudMistDragon
I think this is Posey’s flaw, most fans don’t consider her a jerk character enough to deserve the constant beatings she receives, most of the things she suffers she is just living normally then something happens to destroy the day her, instead of her doing something bad then the universe makes her pay.
This is the most recurring complaint from Buttmonkeys characters in general, bad things are disproportionate even when they are supposed to deserve it.
And in my opinion, Sprout as Buttmonkey succeeds where Posey fails, the bad things that happen to him are proportional to the things he does, normally when he gets physically hurt it’s because of something he himself caused.
a door closes in his face? Obviously he’s too stupid to open a door properly, did he hit his head on a pipe? Was he the one who started chasing the flying rats without paying attention, a curtain falls on top of him? is literally the curtain for the dictatorship he started, combine it with an arrogant but strangely charming and unique personality within the story and we have a perfect Buttmonkey in which both his (few) victories and his (several) defeats are celebrated.
I would say that if 90% of the bad things that happened to Posey on TYT happened to Sprout in the same context, the fans would be much more accepting because it would be easy to see it as karma for the things he did in the past.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@river mines
Pretty much the same complaints I’ve seen about Squidward in the post-season episodes of Spongebob, he barely did anything that justified all that torment he had leveled against him. The difference is that Spongebob and Patrick often did it on purpose while Posey’s is just merely getting assigned the universe’s punching bag and the rest of the characters don’t do it out of harm, except for maybe Izzy but that can be argued.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Thinking about it for a second, could it be that they’re trying to hammer-anvil-and-stirrup it in that being racist is bad?
river mines

@Wiimeiser
But Posey already learned her lesson in the first chapter and as I said before she rarely did anything within the episodes to justify the constant attacks that the show gives her.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@river mines
The lesson she learned in the pilot of MYM was to be less of a jerk. TYT’s Another Pony’s Trash, which takes place after the pilot, showed her making petty complaints about the unicorns and pegasi.
river mines

@CloudMistDragon
this episode was one of the few moments IMO that worked her as buttmonkey, posey was making a petty complaint so Hitch slams the window in her face, Posey was put in a moment of dislike for her fall.
but most of the time they are moments like Hearts and Hoofs day, in which posey gets a moment of happiness (receives flowers from Izzy) to be followed by something that brings her unhappiness for no good reason (the flowers she received were cut from the garden that she loves so much), that’s the Buttmonkeys’ mistake
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

@Lord WyrmSpawN
It’s more that she’s mean about it. Like, Posey complains a lot about all the changes that have been happening. But when Earth Pony Magic negatively affects Dahlia, instead of just politely declining, Posey rubs it in.
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~

House of the Arcana
Actually why need to even sell flowers anyway? Poor trio if earth pony magic worked like that way back. Actually, it sorta did.
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Lord WyrmSpawN
Heh, it’s worse with context, Posey wasn’t just pouring salt on an open wound as already pointed out. It’s indicated in G5 that Posey and Dahlia are friends. Not just that, but Posey then goes on to shame Dahlia on live television.
Background Pony #854D
Not that I think Posey is a good poney, but Dahlia isn’t exactly as good a pony as people make her out to be.
in ANG she supported Sprout.
She was part of the group of racist ponies at the maretime bay festival.
She was the first to say that Sunny’s ideas with the community garden were bad.
When Hitch was in charge of the Smoothie stand, she was also the first to start with the petty complaints.
and I understand that her business was at risk, but she was selling flowers covered in phlegm to ponies, who possibly didn’t know
(Would you buy flowers from a seller like that?)
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Background Pony #C946
…While I’d be mad at my friend too for doing such a thing, I certainly wouldn’t feel justified in throwing shade at them on live television, letting everyone know and making them more vulnerable to being attacked, especially if it was just an accident. What kind of friend does that?
@Background Pony #854D
Everyone supported Sprout, Posey started the racism in the MYM pilot, everyone was a jerk and a phony to Sunny about her community garden idea and would’ve been mean to Sunny regardless of what she had done, she had the right to want her smoothie made the way she wanted it despite not being polite about it, and the mucus was magical, very likely not contagious like mucus in real life.
Besides…it makes sense for a friend of Posey’s to be kind of a jerk when Posey is a jerk herself.
Dragonpone
Unamused - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Elements of Harmony -
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab

Badge Dragon
she had the right to want her smoothie made the way she wanted it despite not being polite about it
Unlike Posey, who didn’t have the right to not want Dahlia’s flowers despite not being polite about it?
CloudMistDragon
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@Dragonpone
Dahlia actually paid money for her smoothie. She could’ve been a little nicer, but she had a right to express how she wasn’t satisfied as a paying customer. In Posey’s case, there was no need for her to pour lemon juice on her friend’s wound other than to be a jerk.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide