MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Applejack’s parents
Because a series that takes place at least 100 years after the events of G4 was totally going to do a story about characters that died before the events of G4.
medium
Background Pony #02AD
MYM has not fulfilled the promises that there will be a sequel to G4 with the reuse of the great lore that had been created, especially from S4 to S9 and partly with the comics and other things like the movie and the books, and now that it ends, it has this followed to disappointment.
What promises lmao
People here are literally making things up to worry over
This
Background Pony #02AD
@Briarlight
their official reason for making g5 a continuation of g4 is because they wanted to continue expanding the world, as they thought it would be a waste to throw away more than 10 years of story and world-building, so they still wanted to expand and explore.
And they have with the ponies splitting apart and having to relearn the lessons of old again. And that had been fulfilled. Also we’re seeing that continuation with the dragons and Opaline’s backstory connections. So even if that was the main motivation. (Which I’m gonna need a source on that), they’ve by definition met it.
Background Pony #13BA
@river mines
They were probably confident on what they were going with, but as we know that didn’t turn out how they wanted it to be. A lot can change after statements like that.
Background Pony #13BA
sigh this is another reason why I think G5 should have been it’s own standalone universe like the previous four. I get that some people actually like the connections between G4 and 5, but that isn’t saying much. We wouldn’t have this whole copyright drama argument in threads like this if G5 was a real reboot with brand new stuff to see. Ugh..
Background Pony #02AD
So the new song clip on tiktok for chp 6 seems to so far show that the new ponies aren’t crystal ponies they’re just covered in Glitter btw
Background Pony #02AD
sigh this is another reason why I think G5 should have been it’s own standalone universe like the previous four. I get that some people actually like the connections between G4 and 5, but that isn’t saying much. We wouldn’t have this whole copyright drama argument in threads like this if G5 was a real reboot with brand new stuff to see. Ugh..
There shouldn’t BE any drama over it because if they don’t need to make references they won’t and at the end of the day they can still make it a continuation just fine given all the major characters and developments were in the first 4 seasons character-wise. And it seems like they’ve never planned to be SUPER reference heavy in The first place. It’s mainly just older brownies being upset that their characters and whatnot aren’t constantly brought up or connected to the story like they built up in their minds from expectations that were never set to the levels they thought up.
There’s been plenty of past references, but for someone we apparently NEED more? Like the story is chugging along fine at the level its been at.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide