MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #545C
I wonder if any of the G5 cast enjoys the characters they voice
I am about just over maybe 50% sure Jazz’s Va likely doesn’t care and doing it for the money
I think the royal sister’s Vas like their characters that they voice. At least it seems to from what I saw
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
Re-watched Mane Smelody and Nightmare on Mane Street tonight for Halloween. Mane Smelody’s still an underrated work of art to me and this line from Jazz deserves more appreciation.
“I don’t know whether to agree or be offended!”
Since I also re-watched the Halloween TYT shorts from last year tonight, I appreciated the irony in Nightmare on Mane Street more. In TYT, Misty set up a haunted house that Pipp, who wasn’t scared easily, only found to be “spooktacular” after she saw Misty in a ghost costume in the end. In MYM, Pipp set up a haunted house and tried to scare Misty, who wasn’t scared easily and only got scared at the end. It was like…a complete role reversal. XD
Background Pony #545C
TYT is a different universe. Misty’s haunted house never happened with the 3D characters
Otherwise. I wouldn’t be liking Jazz at all. Because I don’t agree with 2D Jazz at all. So I like to think anything 2D Jazz did 3D Jazz never did. Keeps the innocence
Briarlight
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Aka: Data Poni
@TheQuietMan
Yes the literal word meanings are similar, but the actual meaning with the terms are not.
An au is something where the whole concept is changed, like r63, a villian winning, etc
A parallel verse is one where everything is the same except for a few details of how things got there, like for the example the marestream
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

It’s interesting that people would rather say “Alternate Universes” than say “There are some inconsistencies with the continuity”.
Background Pony #02AD
It’s interesting that people would rather say “Alternate Universes” than say “There are some inconsistencies with the continuity”.
Agreed, it’s soft canon connections. It’s like getting mad at the comics never getting referenced on the shows for both G4 or G5.
Background Pony #02AD
I wonder if any of the G5 cast enjoys the characters they voice
I am about just over maybe 50% sure Jazz’s Va likely doesn’t care and doing it for the money
I think the royal sister’s Vas like their characters that they voice. At least it seems to from what I saw
Well this seems very presumptuous, and I’d hope for the sake of posterity that the Ava, who likely IS trying, never sees a comment like this and gets discouraged. Personally nothing says they don’t care for any of the characters to me. Seems just fine.
CloudMistDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Artist -

Misty Shadow
@DerpyFast
I also found it interesting how “different universes” just randomly came up in a reply to a post that had nothing to do with canon and AUs. Of course, then I reflected on these comments.
“Otherwise. I wouldn’t be liking Jazz at all. Because I don’t agree with 2D Jazz at all. So I like to think anything 2D Jazz did 3D Jazz never did.”
“I am about just over maybe 50% sure Jazz’s Va likely doesn’t care and doing it for the money”
WOW, I wonder if it had something to do with the post mentioning Jazz. :D
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
A lot if posts here are getting too deep into tinfoil hat territory lately
There are no “alternative/parallel universes” in G5, its just simple continuity errors and MYM being the main part of the generation and the other stuff like TYT/the comics being secondary in lore “importance”
No seasons 1-4 of FIM are not the only “canon” seasons to g5, those are only up on Netflix because of licence issues
Like holy shit none of this is that deep, please log off the Internet abd touch grass
Briarlight
Artist -

Aka: Data Poni
@icicle wicicle 1517
yes its continuity errors due to being diff formats of shows, im just using the phrasing of parallel timeline to showcase the diff. like yes there are diffs in canon between tyt and mym that have been reoccurring but they are minor.
like theres a diff between errors like sunnys og lighthouse appearing in the comics, and alternate takes like mym and tyts alternate eps about the marestreams creation.
i dont think it being expressed like that is quite the same as the other conspiracy stuff :P
TheQuietMan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

House of the Arcana
So it appears G5 has a Svengallop 2.0. Carotang. And ironically enough, because of the life swap, Zipp’s the one experiencing cancel culture and not Pipp who is typically le Internet star. Pipp is just a messy on-the-go fun planner.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide