MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #BC7D
@Background Pony #57CE  
The movie has to address it. If it doesn’t, it’s going to make kids think that nothing they do has any purpose. Even Princess Twilight failed. Friendship. Magic. Love. What’s the point if it’s going to end in disaster? 😞
Background Pony #BC7D
@northern haste  
How did she die? How far in the future is this? She needs to live at least as long as Celestia. That’s why she looked like Celestia at the end of the series.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
I watched the trailer, and I laughed.

…goddamnit. I hadn’t posted here in almost a year, and they just had to drag me back…

@Background Pony #BC7D  
@northern haste
Twilight should still be alive. Celestia lived thousands of years, why is Twilight gone? I think she died in a tragedy in the show’s universe that we may never see. Some kind of World War that killed millions, if not billions of creatures. There’s no way they all would’ve segregated like this without something like that. That may be how Twilight died. Alone. With her lessons abandoned.
This is going to give kids serious depression. It teaches them that all their goals are meaningless and will be destroyed at the end of their lives. And then they’ll be forgotten. Forever. 😕

It’s important that the kids learn the futility of existence early. This is educational.
Background Pony #BC7D
@northern haste  
It heavily implied it. Why would Celestia retire without a long living heir? It needs to be either Twilight or Flurry Heart who keep the Magic of Friendship alive. And with them gone, we’re left to conclude something tragic happened to them.

@Background Pony #57CE  
Hopefully it was more like The Pillars and she’ll be back within Season 1 of G5 or maybe even in the movie. Maybe we’ll get to see the Tree of Harmony’s Twilight form tell them how to revive the original Twilight and all her friends. It will be the MacGuffin/Red Herring of the film that the ponies think they need in order for magic and friendship to return, but then they realize that it was inside them and all that, but the Mane Six still return and get to see that they didn’t die in vain.

Then after that, it’s okay if they go back to being dead, because they can see that they accomplished their goal in life. Please, don’t let them die for no reason!
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
What I think is important is knowing exactly how long into the future this movie is taking place. 100 years or 1000, something along those lines. Also, I really hope they give a explanation on what happened to cause all this because that is very important.
Background Pony #B401
@Philweasel  
It’s important that the kids learn the futility of existence early. This is educational.

Gotta agree, pain and negative emotions can also make us stronger as well, if coped correctly.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
Gotta agree, pain and negative emotions can also make us stronger as well, if coped correctly.

I agree. I think people are forgetting how sometimes depressing 80s and 90s animated movies were, and children love the heck outta those.

@Background Pony #57CE  
I hope they give us at least a hint on what happened during Twilight time in the movie. But yeah, they should probably answer during the show too.
Background Pony #B401
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
I agree. I think people are forgetting how sometimes depressing 80s and 90s animated movies were, and children love the heck outta those.

Also why Japanese Anime are more popular to adults and long lasting than many western animations, the key difference is “emotional moments”.
Background Pony #BC7D

It’s not what My Little Pony is all about, though. It’s so sad for Twilight to have everything ruined and then die. It’s not fair to her! The G4 writers didn’t want that, they called the last episode The Final Problem for a reason, everything was supposed to be perfect after that. 😞
Background Pony #BC7D
@Background Pony #B401  
Emotional moments does not mean telling kids that life is meaningless. That’s the exact opposite lesson of The Lion King. It was so sad when Simba’s dad died and at first, he thought the best idea was to run away from his problems and give up on life. But in reality, the best thing for him to do was to not let his dad die in vain and to be the person he was born to be. This series is like if Simba also died and Scar was king forever.
Background Pony #B401
@Background Pony #BC7D  
Oh, western animations can be often getting more serious (switching between comedy at times) if they are movies, I almost forgot, especially Disney and Dreamworks.
DaddyMakesMeEUHH

(ヽ^ゝ^)ちわー!
@Background Pony #B401  
Finn’s character arc is definitely written pretty well in the show and it’s also very depressing to some degree especially regarding his parents, I would highly recommend watching the show. FiM definitely had those moments but I think they dropped the ball in some episodes.  
Oh, western animations can be often getting more serious

That’s true, the Owl house actually had a character bleed, so at least we are getting back to that.
Background Pony #CB27
@DaddyMakesMeEUHH  
What? Youtube links would be helpful to prove all that you said, from my past experiences with western animations, mostly movies are able to be serious, while TV shows are often silly, few are able to be serious like Courage the Cowardly Dog, Teen Titans original, and FiM itself. Some are harder to show serious sides like PPGs, KND, Dexter. Some are completely silly like Cow and Chicken, and many more.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide