MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #DAC6
Oh… We’ve got spoilers from a Polish book. I don’t know how big of a spoiler they are yet since I don’t speak Polish. Though it has screencaps from the episodes.
Background Pony #D34E
@Dustcan
Oh god, I hope it’s not cozy reincarnate.
Yes, it can be. Of all the villains in the G4, Cozy Glow is the only one who came very close to doing serious damage to Equestria, and it was with the help of her manipulation skills and cunning mind that the ponies stood no chance as long as she stayed in the shadows. It is the same method of progress Opaline had used when she wants to upset the ponies’ social balance in order to advance her ambitions and paralyze the authorities represented by the Mane 6. She succeeds because there was a built-in instability in the social order that had not broken with the caste system based on magic , so that enduring inherited mistrust continues to survive generation after generation.
It may be the same plan in MYM chapter 2, it is obvious that she intended to demonstrate that the earth ponies cannot use their magic in contrast to the others, and get a bonus with the destruction of Maretime Bay in the intention of recreating unrest from that time. Possibly to take the Unity Crystals - and present herself as the “solver” of the problems between the ponies. This was her first attempt to knock Sunny out of her place as an alicorn. That was probably why she laughed, she saw her plan went as planned and that she can continue until she has reached her goal.
But this time she made a mistake; it is possible that, in contrast to Sunny, she does not understand the ponies’ society after a thousand years after the last time, and that the absence of magic will lead to a learn-and-fail attitude with the earth ponies. So Sunny can restore order and learn from this, but we don’t know if she will learn in the end that this was an enemy attack. The trailer showed some technophobia in Opaline and Misty, and it’s possible that they hadn’t realized that the past burden on the ponies has disappeared as a result of Equestria’s collapse. All told that not only the magic - but also collective memory - had disappeared.
So the spark from that time in the G4 will not work as well in the G5. Opaline thus has to come up with new plans, but in the end we can hope that there will be an alicorn verse alicorn battle.
But she’s definitely not in the league of villains who can directly challenge Twilight and make the whole world unravel.
Background Pony #D34E
Oh… We’ve got spoilers from a Polish book. I don’t know how big of a spoiler they are yet since I don’t speak Polish. Though it has screencaps from the episodes.
A good news; one of the screencaps shows a map - a real map intended for adults, not children. Unfortunately we have to see the MYM chapter 2 to take this map into account.
And it’s possible that the hologram Twilight Sparkle had happened early in Chapter 2, so we don’t know the circumstances surrounding this - but it’s clear that the Mane 5 were unable to communicate with Twilight afterwards. The message must have been enigmatic, that it occupied Zipp’s thoughts. A message from the past? Or a message from the magical dimension about something we don’t know about?
So we have to wait.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
The song A Special Tune from the Make Your Mark soundtrack album is SUPER CUTE!
But am I wrong or is this a duet between Zipp & Pipp, as well as a Queen Haven love song!? Not bad. Now I’m really looking forward to Make Your Mark. So far G5 has absolutely not disappointed me musically. Whereby I’m always on the search for good remixes. (grin)
Can you give me a link? I speak Polish. Or rather, I can read it. ^^
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
Thank you very much. I will sit down later and translate it. Let’s see how long I need. I am a little rusty. But I should still manage this. ;-)
Edit:
Okay, I guess I don’t have that much time today. Therefore only the first of eight pages. I have to see if I translate the rest tomorrow or on the weekend.
That morning Izzy was extremely excited. Finally the awaited day had arrived - her best friend Sunny’s birthday! On this occasion, she decided to do something absolutely special for her. She put on her special glasses, rubbed her hooves and, singing merrily, set to work.
The present was supposed to be really special! Looking for inspiration, she piled up a whole stack of items, but she still wasn’t sure exactly what to give her friend. The pile soon turned into a tall tower of random things, and Izzy climbed to the top in a creative frenzy. That’s how her friends found her - Sheriff Hitch, his little dragon Sparky, and Detective Zipp.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

I really liked today’s TYT. It’s sort of a microcosm of everything I like about TYT:
G5 has enough established side characters that they can just pair one up with a main character and do a story. Makes the setting feel so much more “lived in”. It even gives Jazz a mini-arc. I also really like how G5 isn’t afraid to just vibe for a bit. A third of the episode is just Izzy and Jazz sitting in The Crystal Tearoom listening to music, but it’s this great little character moment.
As a side note, the way they keep using the same songs reminds me of the first two seasons of Digimon.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Listened to the MYM soundtrack. Where’d It Go? is pretty catchy. Is it me, or does the soundtrack briefly sound like RENT, starting with Portrait Day?
Background Pony #D34E
So the preview of the comic # 5 is out; it is possible to smell “Discord in disguise” in the content, because if Price’s cover is not revealing enough, the pony Lighting Rod’s statements are suspicious that Zipp sensed something was not right there. But Price is not the artist for the comic, only for the cover.
Maybe Discord had begun to hesitate to destroy the pegasus crystal, possibly he had read Pipp’s story from the day she and her families were revealed - and wants to test the Mane 5. Because from #2 it is known that the Unity Crystals are almost impossible to destroy, and the draconequus knows it can take all he has of magical strength. As we’ve seen, Twilight knew her stuff when she made the Unity Crystals. But don’t think that will change his resolve, still it is obvious that he hesitates, and thus will study the Mane 5. Because it is more than what he had said, as he wants to destroy the access to active magic it was to protect the ponies from emotional destructiveness. But we have learned in TYT ep. 18 that the Unity Crystals could stop any influx among the ponies.
Maybe he wants to protect the world from the one who had maimed him. But Pipp’s admissions make him reconsider the Mane 5, as he knows that Sunny is most powerful with her friends as with Twilight and the Mane 6. He wants to see if they can live up to the legacy of the Mane 6. But it will don’t stop him from fooling around with them. But it will bring the Mane 5 close to him, so they can start helping him at the end.
So there is a lighthouse from G4 in addition to the one in Maretime Bay; “Whispering Beacon”, which seemed to be more than an ordinary lighthouse because it should be able to guide ships to port. As the Whispering Beacon is said to be the oldest, it could mean that it is located on the northwest coast of Equestria because the ponies were established there long before modern Equestria came into existence. The weather itself indicates a colder climate than in Maretime Bay.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
(my reaction 8 hours ago)
A who’s your day gag in TYT and of course from Hitch. That’s my boi! ;-)
But because you can also misunderstand that, here is what I actually wanted to say.
Well, on the one hand he has a point (after all, he’s an adoptive father now), and on the other hand I’m glad that the show dares to display that kind of humor at all. I can understand you, though. It requires a certain foresight and circumspection not to misunderstand the phrase as such. I think it depends a lot on a person’s character. And how much one has had bad experiences with toxic masculinity.
Nevertheless, and this is my opinion: I think the scene is good, precisely because it works on a certain meta-level. Hitch is a versatile character who combines strengths and weaknesses. Just as men should be allowed to be. Look at it closely: Cool pose. Strong line. Painted hooves. Just the kind of masculinity that’s basically good.
Okay, you could really say, though, that maybe they could have used a different, not-quite-as-misleading tagline. But maybe the whole thing wouldn’t work so well then.
As I said, that’s just my opinion. If it bothers you and other Hitch fans, then I won’t say anything about it. I just wanted to point out what I like about this scene. I hope I could make myself reasonably understandable ;-)
Funny fact, you could also understand it that way: “HOOVES your daddy”
Be that as it may, I still think the scene is good and I’m glad that they introduced the raccoonicorn with the hearts in his eyes into this scene. ;-D
Hitch is my Fluttershy 2.0 ^^
No problem. I just need to find the time to translate the rest. Is actually less of a problem, but only the question of time and the calm to deal with it. (grin)
CORDZ2000
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).

Draconequues Lover zcord
@Background Pony #D34E
Yeah I thought it was probably discord in disguise to, but it’s probably a red herring. In he is actually good or a side villain to have the lesson of not trust people telling u to meet them somewhere online
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
All That Jazz
For a moment I thought Pipp really was magically changing the hooficures. Thankfully right before the episode revealed how much of a derp I was I realized that it was her styling mirror. Which I guess can preview other things now.
Speaking of, it’s a real nice touch that Dahlia was looking at the “camera” (mirror) the entire time while Pipp kept looking back and forth. Of course Dahlia was most interested in the designs while Pipp was trying to gauge both the designs and Dahlia’s reaction.
“Ponygram”. This is now my Joker origin story.
We get the Mane Melody theme again. Now that MYM is returning in a week or so I’m really hoping it comes up there. It’s basically the shop’s theme so it’d be interesting to see that transition over to the other series.
Izzy says black isn’t her color, but I gotta disagree because I’m digging the Goth Izzy tag.
Seeing Izzy try to pal with Rufus again makes me think the Mane 5 will develop their own personal circle of friends and I’m kinda digging the idea.
Oh so this was a Jazz episode all along. Also her name is Jazz, Jazz Hooves depending on how seriously we’re supposed to take Izzy. I’m all for this, another background character turning out to be a minor character always pleases me.
Gloomy/Onyx! And her animation is smooth AF while playing the sax. This episode is now top tier and Gotham can rest easy another week.
Jazz confirms her name is Onyx. One of MLP’s two Great Mysteries has now been solved. Now we just need an answer for the Great Mystery of Ginger Owlseye and G4 can finally rest in peace.
I’m surprised Zipp is agreeing with this. I guess she took her Yes Day lessons to heart.
I’m surprised Pipp didn’t already have a hooficure until the end. But at least she had the best design.
Never thought I’d hear “Who’s your daddy!” in MLP. Now if only he’d say “Getting Hitch’d” during some steamier moments…
A brick joke involving Rufus and Jazz saying “Neigh/nay way”. I thought the latter was just some lingo Zipp used but I guess it’s a common jargon for pony “No way”.
Credits just lists her as “Jazz” without mentioning the “Hooves” part. So it might just have been Izzy being Izzy.
Gotta say G5 continues to surprise me with having side characters turn out to be relevant enough to get their own episode. G4 really lowered my standards on that part, what with for most of its run having its minor character be plot relevant for like 1 episode then disappear. G5 has its minor characters show up in the background early on only to “reveal” them to be more than just background noponies. I don’t feel this way with other shows so I do think it’s just me grading G5 on a curve thanks to G4.
Ah regardless this episode was fun.
GoodVibesGorgeous
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Grumpy and antisocial
Credits just lists her as “Jazz” without mentioning the “Hooves” part. So it might just have been Izzy being Izzy.
Actually, the toys call her Jazz Hooves as well. The credits for MYM (and the TYT special) usually only credit the characters by their first names.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
This episode: Exists
Hoof Fetishists: Heavy breathing
Also WTF, I like jazz now, I should listen to more jazz music now
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide