MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #13BA
@DerpyFast
It’s quite a long story. Although I’m not sure if anyone wants to hear me out because I’m just some random BP. There are actually a couple of reasons why G5 shouldn’t hook on G4’s success.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@DerpyFast
most people don’t have an issue with the previous gen being referenced, the issue most seem to have is the previous gen characters appearing in the present alongside the current gen characters
Background Pony #13BA
@icicle wicicle 1517
That I can see. They would totally take away the focus of the new cast and just make everyone focus on the cameo instead. This one of the issues the current MCU is facing right now. Unless they serve long importance and actually support to the movie/show, then there’s a problem with that.
Background Pony #13BA
Also, DrWolf actually talked about this too in his most recent G5 video. I recommend watching it.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I mean, we’ve only had 2 instances of that so far.
One is Discord in the comics…but despite ostensibly being the main antagonist of the first arc he’s only been in the last half of a single issue. Otherwise it’s mostly been the Mane 5 doing their own thing.
Second is Twilight…and even that hasn’t officially happened yet and the instance where it does “happen” looks just like a recording of her. Of which we don’t even know the context behind.
Kinda pointless to get so worked up over so little.
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Dustcan
Discord has still been the main focus of the comics so far even if he PHYSICALLY hasn’t a lot and he still keeps being talked about in it (that and you probably know by ow how much i hate Discord so anything involving him isn’t gonna make me happy). SO even if he is not physically appearing, he’s still a G4 character whose been a big focus for comics.
I will give you the Twilight thing though, i just hope that it IS a recording and not some sort of “Spirit” thing like with the Tree of Harmony.
Im not worked up by this btw, im just trying to explain why im not fond of the G4 cast appearing in the present of G5.
Background Pony #13BA
@icicle wicicle 1517
Completely agree with you.
As for Twilight’s presence in G5, I really hope she’s not an active spirit. Doing so would take away focus on the new cast and will make people not care for them, instead turning their focus on Twilight alone. This already has happened when Discord appeared in the G5 comics. Unless they give Twiggy character an actual meaning and purpose for the rest of G5, I’m over Twilight’s story.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
I’m just waiting until the actual series itself premieres before I give my thoughts on the connections between the two generations
Background Pony #13BA
@Dustcan
I can see why. Most people here don’t give second thought about to a simple cameo. That is, until it’s too late. My statments are just hypothetical. Whether you agree with them or not, it is something to think about in terms of good storytelling.
Background Pony #13BA
@DerpyFast
The backstory about what happened between G4 and G5 I’m ok with, since they’re talking about the past. Bringing back past main characters would be questionable. Their stories are done and shouldn’t be touched again. That is, unless the new writers give them justice and positively expand their arc. Twilight seems to be the only mane 6 pony who actually returned. As for the others, I’m not sure. Though some did theorized that they are embedded in the 3 crystals.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Doing so would take away focus on the new cast and will make people not care for them, instead turning their focus on Twilight alone.
That doesn’t even make sense. If people have been watching G5 for a year now, it means they’re invested in the G5 cast. They’re not going to suddenly stop caring about these characters they’ve been following for a year just because Twilight shows up.
TheQuietMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

House of the Arcana
Prediction: The other 5 came back as spiritual mentors and guide the respective characters.
Rarity for Pipp
Rainbow for Zipp
Applejack for Hitch
Pinkie for Izzy
And Fluttershy for Sprout and/or Misty
Shimmering Spectacle
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

sTs trinity
@Phoenixflambe
IDK about sprout or misty tho, mind you he intentionally destroyed his own friends home, so sunny I think will likely not trust him again for a while, and for misty she hasn’t “backstapped” any of the mane 5, yet, and besides hitch is most likely a mix of fluttershy and applejack
Background Pony #C1B1
I forget. We’ve seen them use phones to take pictures, livestream, text, surf the web, etc. Have we ever seen anypony use them to call people?
Background Pony #808E
Pipp and Zipp have different tastes in music.
Pipp likes pop, while Zipp likes R&B.
Amphibian Swamp
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Random thinking/rambling
So…
In G4 there was “Derpy Hooves” and “Dinky Hooves”
In G5 there’s a character who shares the same last name as them- “Jazz Hooves”
Very likely this is a coincidence (I assume Jazz Hooves is a pun on Jazz hands- because she’s a pony and ponies have hooves-)
But it would be interesting to see some fan art/fan fiction or an AU where she is related to those two- Or have them meet-
Maybe Dinky or Derpy ended up in the future and had a child who ended up an earth pony. But due to some things they had to leave their child with an earthpony family. (Or their child had a child who was an earthpony)
That would be really far-fetched since she doesn’t really resemble either of them. Meaning it’s a coincidence- But it doesn’t stop people from making stories/fanart or AUs
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide